• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Siblings

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AR829038

Awards
Anyway, I've seen a lot of opinions for KHUx, and a lot of fans are invested in the story and feel it's one of the better ones, lore wise. Trust me, I'm the first person who will shit on how KH is going downhill and how Nomura is a hack, but the mobile games (gacha games) and handhelds are legitimately booming in Japan. More than consoles. They get loads of money and in general, it's a smart investment. So for "casual players" not getting access to this isn't really a problem over in Japan since all this is a thing.

It only becomes a problem overseas.

There's no real solution to this except wait for the eventual remaster. There's no way they are going to stop the gacha games with how much of a market there is for them.
Let's hope that isn't the case. If the majority of KH games go mobile, I don't know if I'll be able to continue running with this series. The mobile games are just so painfully un-fun, and I'm not at all interested in following the franchise if that's what it's going to become. At least the handheld games were fun, even if I would have preferred them on full consoles.

Keyblade07

Does this confirm that the player is a male? Since lauriam was teasing Strelitzia if she liked him.

D

Deleted member 252753

I think the setting for the Siblings scene looks really good. I like how varied and colourful all the flowers are and the misty view of Daybreak Town was a nice touch. I actually really like the art style in UX and think it suits the story well.

Sora’s Skyline

Awards
I think the setting for the Siblings scene looks really good. I like how varied and colourful all the flowers are and the misty view of Daybreak Town was a nice touch. I actually really like the art style in UX and think it suits the story well.

My first thought when I saw that field of flowers was that we will see that location again and it will become another one of the “important” spots where several key storyline points will either happen, or be tied to

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
That was at least somewhat plausible theory until the replacement (according to the list) was revealed. Now people are blaming Ven, so things have gotten worse. :(

I love the idea of Ventus having a dark side to him before the creation of Vanitas. It gives him a sense of depth that I felt was missing in Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts III.

I've stuck with the KHX saga since the beginning. If this is the price I have to pay for quality writing, then it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

I genuinely hope that one of the two Kingdom Hearts game is a Union Cross remake for consoles. The game seems to be drawing to a conclusion, and with the ability to play Dark Road through Union Cross, the possibility seems to line up nicely.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Let's hope that isn't the case. If the majority of KH games go mobile, I don't know if I'll be able to continue running with this series. The mobile games are just so painfully un-fun, and I'm not at all interested in following the franchise if that's what it's going to become. At least the handheld games were fun, even if I would have preferred them on full consoles.

I doubt the majority will go all mobile. What I'm saying is that KHUx makes sense within Japanese trends. The unavailability of the story and it not reaching fans/casual players are only an overseas problem.

Violet Pluto

Awards
He actually just writes them a few months in advance. If you recall in his September letter, at the time he had only written 2 of the 4 big story updates.

I've stuck with the KHX saga since the beginning. If this is the price I have to pay for quality writing, then it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
The format of this specific mobile game makes it easier to write than the ones that are visual novels so I can believe that: what I meant to say was that they are most likely planned in advance. I do wish the Disney Worlds were a bit less... filler and thus more substantial to the plot developments, but that has been a problem in the series since KH1, and has worsened with time, probably because what can and can't be done with the properties.

On another note, its funny how Lauriam's whole conversation keeps being compared to Marluxia's boss fight. I mean that was likely on purpose, but it's also kind of sad. Assuming that Strelitzia's essence isn't inside of that giant metal woman, it feels like his regret towards an unfulfilled promise, which is a great reuse of a out of nowhere boss.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
Thank you for the videos and translations!

Aww finally some sibling bonding time! So wholesome! I need more now lol. Was that a new or remixed BGM for them?

Strelitizia being in a white coat now raises some questions. If the dark coats protect from excess darkness, does the white ones protect from too much light? Maybe Darkness, despite being kind of shadowed out right now, is in fact cloaked in a white coat as well. Darkness could perhaps be creating its own group to counterbalance the MoM and the Foretellers. I'm curious to see where Sora and company fit into all of this if that's the case.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Mobile games might be nice NOW, but I hope they have a long term solution to forever cement these games into the series later. You can't really take mobile games and put them on a shelf with the rest of your collection. And someday, when the games die, newer phones/technology won't support them/can't support them/they purposely make it unavailable (like the browser game).

Onto the story, still firmly against Ven being the murderer.
Also pretty sure it is not Lauriam either, time travel or not. There is no motive to kill her, thery're both union leaders and everything.

It's definitely Darkness, but the question is how and why.

LoneFox

Awards
I love the idea of Ventus having a dark side to him before the creation of Vanitas. It gives him a sense of depth that I felt was missing in Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts III.
We know that Ven didn't fall into darkness, because his Chirithy hasn't turned into a nightmare. And him being the killer without that would be a huge and very disruptive retcon on how darkness works and how people can protect themselves from it.

Mobile games might be nice NOW, but I hope they have a long term solution to forever cement these games into the series later. You can't really take mobile games and put them on a shelf with the rest of your collection. And someday, when the games die, newer phones/technology won't support them/can't support them/they purposely make it unavailable (like the browser game).
This is a problem on all platforms, not just mobile. The correct solution to it is to release the source code of the game and let people port it to whatever device they prefer to use. There are plenty of games (mostly FPS, think Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D...) from ~25 years ago that are still popular today because this was done.

SweetYetSalty

Awards

Onto the story, still firmly against Ven being the murderer.
Also pretty sure it is not Lauriam either, time travel or not. There is no motive to kill her, thery're both union leaders and everything.

It's definitely Darkness, but the question is how and why.
That's when they'll port the game. There are a lot of games that needed wifi and are obsolete now, like many of the DS era Pokemon games. If you can't play it they'll likely make a movie for this stuff like they did for Re:Coded and Days. Because those two haven't been ported or remade I suspect Square doesn't expect anyone to play them only watch their movies in collections. They did this with Backcover too.

And the killer is obviously Skuld. She's playing everyone for a fool by just being breathing background and framing Ventus for her evil deeds. And she did it because Gula has invaded her heart and taken over her vessel in true Xehanort fashion. It's really all Gula's fault XD

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
This is a problem on all platforms, not just mobile. The correct solution to it is to release the source code of the game and let people port it to whatever device they prefer to use. There are plenty of games (mostly FPS, think Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D...) from ~25 years ago that are still popular today because this was done.

But I still have PS1 games I can play. I still have PS2 games I can play. (I don't have a ps3). When PS5 comes out, I'll still have all my PS4 games I can play. Because they're physical, unless it's some always online BS (which is why I avoid those games), I can play them whenever I want as long as my console still works.

But a phone? As soon as they cut the connection from their end, the game is dead and completely unplayable and the story lost except youtube videos.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
I think we should make a separate thread to salt about the very fact mobile gaming is the current trend in Japan, and we the overseas fandom like it or not, because cultural difference and all, as now every KHUX story update would have someone complaining about it. Not to say you can't do that, but this is a story thread, not complaining about mobile trend thread.

That being said, yall remembered in CoM Marluxia have some wind-element attacks? Gale of Severance, Whirlwind to the void.... Also, a gust blows when Strelitzia disappeared, as if it's the wind who takes her away, and Ventus is Latin for wind... more clues Ventus is the culprit?

yuyayuzu

Awards
I think we should make a separate thread to salt about the very fact mobile gaming is the current trend in Japan, and we the overseas fandom like it or not, because cultural difference and all, as now every KHUX story update would have someone complaining about it. Not to say you can't do that, but this is a story thread, not complaining about mobile trend thread.

That being said, yall remembered in CoM Marluxia have some wind-element attacks? Gale of Severance, Whirlwind to the void.... Also, a gust blows when Strelitzia disappeared, as if it's the wind who takes her away, and Ventus is Latin for wind... more clues Ventus is the culprit?

Besides that, there is a phrase like this, isn;t it? Oh dandelions, may the wind carry you away ? I really cannot remember that phrase though so maybe it is planned at the first place? I dunno

D

Deleted member 252753

Besides that, there is a phrase like this, isn;t it? Oh dandelions, may the wind carry you away ? I really cannot remember that phrase though so maybe it is planned at the first place? I dunno
Ava says ''Let the wind carry you far far away... my Dandelions" in Back Cover, if that's what you are thinking of.

Back