• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Something received

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

5 story quests were added (No. 911~915.) In addition, Bad Guy Breaker can now be upgraded to +50, the same as the other Keyblades.

Watch the scenes with English subtitles with translations by goldpanner!

About 4 years ago--

(Brain and Ava are on the cliffs overlooking Daybreak Town. Brain is laying on the grass with the rulebook on his chest, listening to Ava speak.)

Brain: Union leader? Me? You must be joking.

Ava: I’m serious.

Brain: I'm not the leader type and you know it.

What made you decide to appoint me?

Ava: I didn't. My Master did.

(He sits up, in shock.)

Brain: Your Master? THE Master of Masters?

Ava: That's right. So, do your best.

(Brain leafs through the rulebook.)

Brain: Do my best? You say that like it's gonna be easy. This seems like it’ll be a real pain, and who are these other four?

Ava: I can’t tell you just yet.

Brain: Is that so?

The five of us are to convene after the war, so you want to avoid any unexpected turn of events that would result in us coming in contact with one another ahead of time.

Sounds pretty shady if you ask me. It’s like this is some sort of script.

Ava: Oh Brain, you've always been a bright one.

Brain: Uh, so are you saying I'm right? Because if I am, then that can't be good.

(Ava sits down beside him.)

Ava: Suppose the fate of this world were set in stone. What would you think?

Brain: That it's awful.

Ava: Why?

Brain: A future that goes exactly as planned? That's boring.

Ava: But what if it’s not about things going as planned, but knowing what events are going to happen?

Brain: The Book of Prophecies, you mean?

Ava: That’s right. If something is written in the Book of Prophecies, that doesn’t mean you wouldn’t be able to change it.

Brain: I guess so…

Wait.

(He’s deep in thought.)

Brain: But if that’s the case, then shouldn’t the changes have been written in the Book of Prophecies to begin with?

No… that'd be contradictory…

Hmm, could it be that the book gets rewritten whenever something changes?

(Ava laughs.)

Ava: I don't know what will happen if something does change. I think the fact that we don't know proves there's a future that’s not planned for, don't you?

Brain: Does it really prove that?

Ava: Maybe, maybe not. Still, I can’t help but wonder, what would happen if we changed the fate that’s already been written?

(She presents him with the Book of Prophecies.)

Ava: That's why I'm giving you this.

You are the only one of the five that I am giving the Book of Prophecies to.

Brain: What? Me??

(Ava gets up, and takes out a sheet of paper.)

Ava: My Master gave me this note containing the names of the five Union Leaders.

He put a circle around the one I was to entrust the Book of Prophecies to. No one else is allowed to see inside it.

(Ava takes the book from Brain and hides the Master’s memo inside.)

Ava: I’ve placed the note between the pages where your future has been written. Someday, when you open the book to these pages, I’m sure you’ll be able to recognize my message.

(Brain gets up and takes the book from her.)

Brain: Nah. I've already received your message, loud and clear.

(Present day. Brain rocks back and forth in his usual spot in the Foretellers’ room, deep in thought.)

???: Have you thought of something?

(It’s Lauriam.)

Brain: Are you kidding? I’ve barely even started.

Lauriam: I thought so.

In any case, the other three said they'd stay in the control room a little longer.

Brain: Alright.

Lauriam: Anyway, I'm sorry to bring up personal matters in the middle of all this, but I was able to meet and speak with a friend of Strelitzia’s. Apparently, right before she disappeared, Strelitzia had been speaking with conviction about the Keyblade War…

Earlier, you said you found it strange that someone like her, who was hesitant about joining the Dandelions, would be desperately trying to invite someone else.

I'm sure the reason behind her change of heart was because she’d just learned of the Keyblade War beforehand.

Brain: But, every member of the Dandelions knew about that. Even if she was hesitant, she would have known the war would happen.

Lauriam: Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. She would have known, so why was she suddenly trying to invite Player?

Brain: I get it now. 

She knew about the war, but something prompted her to hastily change her convictions.

Lauriam: Yeah.

(Brain thinks back to something Ava said.)

Brain: But you know, I'm going to open the Book of Prophecy as little as possible.

Ava: That's fine. You'll know when the time is right.

(Present day.)

Brain: I may have thought of something.

Lauriam: Huh?

Brain: Could you give me some time to think by myself?

Lauriam: I understand. I'm counting on you.

Brain: I know.

(Meanwhile, Maleficent emerges from a dark corridor emerges in Daybreak Town.)

Maleficent: So this is Daybreak Town…

This place is filled with the wretched stench of light. Does this world truly hold the key to returning me to my original time?

(Dark flames erupt beside her. Darkness is hidden within its shadows.)

Darkness: Yes.

(Maleficent smiles.)

(Somewhere...)

???: Whoaaaaaaaa!

(Ralph and the Cy-Bug are ejected from the crashed escape pod into a forest of candy canes. They crash into the trees; Ralph manages to hold on but the Cy-Bug falls into a pond of sticky taffy.

Ralph realizes his medal fell off. He spies it hanging on a branch on a tall tree in the distance and makes his way over to get it. As he begins to climb, he hears a voice.)

???: Hi, mister!

(He spots a little girl gazing down at him from the upper branches.

Meanwhile, Player returns to Game Central Station to find Felix and Calhoun in front of the gate to Sugar Rush.)

Felix: Heeey!

I'm back with news. Ralph has definitely gone into another game.

Calhoun: Sugar Rush... Cy-Bugs’ll chew up that game faster than a chicken hawk in a coop of crippled roosters.

(Calhoun starts walking towards the gate.)

Felix: Uh. What was that now?

Calhoun: What’re you, thick? There was a Cy-Bug on that shuttle.

Do you even know what a Cy-Bug is?

Felix: I can't say that I do, ma'am.

Calhoun: Cy-Bugs are like a virus. They don't know they're in a game. All they know is eat, kill, multiply.

Without a beacon to stop them, they'll consume Sugar Rush and invade every other game until this Arcade is nothing but a smoking husk of forgotten dreams.

(Calhoun goes through. Player and Felix chase after her. She gets out her hoverboard and prepares to board.)

Felix: Wait, ma'am! I'm going with you.

Calhoun: Like fun you are, short stack. You die outside your game, you don't regenerate.

Felix: Well, neither do you, ma'am. Now, it is my job to fix what Ralph wrecks. And I cannot ask you to risk your life cleaning up his mess. 

No flex on this one, ma'am. I am coming along with you.

(Calhoun pauses. She gets on the hoverboard, and motions for Felix to join her. Player approaches them.)

Calhoun: This is as far as you'll go, citizen. Leave the Cy-Bug to me.

(She and Felix depart for Sugar Rush. Chirithy appears once they've left.)

Chirithy: Aw man, they ditched us.

It sounds like Cy-Bugs are different from Heartless, but if they devour worlds, then perhaps they are a type of darkness…

Either way, maybe they're the source of the glitches. Let's follow Ralph.

(Player nods, and heads in. They soon find the crashed shuttle.)

Chirithy: This is…

(They take in their new surroundings and head towards the crashed shuttle.)

Chirithy: This must be the vehicle Ralph rode in on.

He couldn't have gotten too far. Let's hurry and find him!

(Ralph is hanging on the branch of a candy cane tree, pleading with Vaneloppe to return his medal.)

Ralph: It's mine. It's precious to me.

That thing’s my ticket to a better life.

Vaneloppe: Yeah, well, now it's my ticket.

(She glitches.)

Ralph: What the…?

Vaneloppe: See ya, chump!

(Vaneloppe leaves with the medal. Ralph calls out after her.)

Ralph: Come back!

I'll find you! I will find you!

(Vaneloppe tries to run away with the medal but keeps glitching out.)

Vaneloppe: Ugh, this sucks. Just when I finally get a coin!

(She tries again to get away but the glitching gets out of control.)

Vaneloppe: Wahhh, somebody help me!

(Player watches, perplexed by the phenomenon.)

Vaneloppe: Phew. It finally got better.

(Rinse and repeat. Eventually, she notices Player.)

Vaneloppe: Huh. I don't know why, but it looks like it calms down when I'm around you.

I'm Vaneloppe, nice to meet you! As you can see, I'm a born racer.

(They shake hands.)

Vaneloppe: Hey, can I ask you for a favor? The race is about to start.

There's a race track right outside of this forest. Take me there!

(Player nods.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Will add the Candy Kingdom (Sugar Rush) scenes later since main story is the priority.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Reposting rough translation
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Reposting rough translation
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Oh, cool. Darkness is back. That said, this means that, if we're to trust the rough translation, then this isn't present day Maleficent.

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

KeybladeOrder

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Seems that way. These recent scenes also appear to suggest the game flows in real time. (KHUX launched in Japan in 2015.)

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Yo, that was a great cliffhanger!
Even though the 4 main story updates "in a row" turned out to be monthly, they are being worth the wait.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Seems that way. These recent scenes also appear to suggest the game flows in real time. (KHUX launched in Japan in 2015.)
Not exactly, I don't think. When Strelitzia was introduced, chronologically that was just before the χ[chi] final chapter, and she said it'd been two years since the start of χ[chi]. After that there's an ambiguous amount of months timeskipped in the final chapter, then the events of Uχ
So the "five years ago" of last month is roughly three years prior to χ[chi], and this flashback is two years prior.

There might be a meta layer to the timing of these time stamps, but I don't think it's implying that somehow the actual events of Uχ have been spread out over four whole years in-universe...

Awards
Am I the only one getting the feeling that Ava is Strelitzia's killer from this? I might just be crazy.
Well Brain's out of the picture now, and Ava is very likely lying in regards to MoM picking Brain.

It's either her or Ven, and the only reason some folks want it to be Ven is to have an explanation for how he has enough darkness to form a whole boi.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Am I the only one getting the feeling that Ava is Strelitzia's killer from this? I might just be crazy.
Well Brain's out of the picture now, and Ava is very likely lying in regards to MoM picking Brain.

It's either her or Ven, and the only reason some folks want it to be Ven is to have an explanation for how he has enough darkness to form a whole boi.
I never thought of that, but it's possible. If so, then even though Ava manipulated the MoM's plan, it still means that his plan is still going accordingly, so does this mean that he foretold Ava's betrayal?

And a random thought: what if Darkness inserted himself inside Ventus in order to jump a Worldline and then Darkness is Vanitas?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I never thought of that, but it's possible. If so, then even though Ava manipulated the MoM's plan, it still means that his plan is still going accordingly, so does this mean that he foretold Ava's betrayal?

And a random thought: what if Darkness inserted himself inside Ventus in order to jump a Worldline and then Darkness is Vanitas?

I wouldn't even go as far as saying she deliberately "manipulated" but rather hastily tried to throw some wrenches in. Ava's totally shaken and "off" after Luxu explains everything to her and when she confronts the Player afterwards in the war itself.
There isn't much time between these two events so all Ava could have done is doing some quick actions to try and throw off MoM's designs, leaving the rest to Blaine as explained in this update.

It is certainly possible and would also explain why Ventus is instinctively so antagonistic and doesn't want any "reunion" at all.
In that case however "Vanitas" would not be the natural darkness of Ven's heart but an outside force which hid inside it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I wouldn't even go as far as saying she deliberately "manipulated" but rather hastily tried to throw some wrenches in. Ava's totally shaken and "off" after Luxu explains everything to her and when she confronts the Player afterwards in the war itself.
There isn't much time between these two events so all Ava could have done is doing some quick actions to try and throw off MoM's designs, leaving the rest to Blaine as explained in this update.

It is certainly possible and would also explain why Ventus is instinctively so antagonistic and doesn't want any "reunion" at all.
In that case however "Vanitas" would not be the natural darkness of Ven's heart but an outside force which hid inside it.
True. In other words, Ava improvised and yet she failed. I guess the MoM really has foretold a lot of stuff.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Sorry for the delay, y'all. Here's our video, thanks always to goldpanner for translating!

Last edited:
Awards
You guys get the feeling that part of the reason Strelly was trying to get the Player to join the Dandelions is because she had the Book and read it?

Also since the update ended with the start of Sugar Rush I guess the next two will be primarily Sugar Rush.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Also since the update ended with the start of Sugar Rush I guess the next two will be primarily Sugar Rush.
The movie primarily took place in Sugar Rush, so they could make it last quite a while.

Still, it's a shame that they can only make it last 5 quests at a time. Is there any other games as a service that dishes out irrelevant story at such a slow pace?

Though I'm interested to see how they adapt Ralph teaching Vanellope to drive (Square Enix better have purchased the rights to Rihanna's "Shut Up and Drive"). Maybe KHUX is about to include a racing mini-game. Lorde knows this game needs a new refreshing mechanic, though with their track record it'd be full of the same gluttonous money grabbing mechanics as the rest of the game.

Awards
The movie primarily took place in Sugar Rush, so they could make it last quite a while.

Still, it's a shame that they can only make it last 5 quests at a time. Is there any other games as a service that dishes out irrelevant story at such a slow pace?
I have a feeling there's something out there but I'm not sure.

Yeesh.

Back