• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Spoilers] Vanitas and Xehanort connection

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

venomblade

Now at first I thought this was for cinematic effect, but I was reading some of your theories people of KHI, particularly of the one by Grass about how Vanitas and Xehanort are and were a part of eachother. Also, at the end of the new KH3D trailer when Vanitas and YMX show up on screen saying "Hearts other than your own". I also at first thought Vanitas was only there because since they were talking to Sora, and Sora is currently holding Ven's heart and Vanitas is Vens heart's other 1/2 that's why he was there. But it just seems like too much of a coincidence. And what I was referring to about cinematic effect I'm talking about this video at 1:47

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix - Birth By Sleep / Secret Ending [HD] - YouTube

Vanitas pretty much splits from Xehanort. How could this be so? Did MX absorb Vanitas or something like that? MX is pretty much Vanitas's master in the aspect that Vanitas pretty much does anything MX tells him to. "Go take what Ventus owes you and take Aqua's life" *Vanitas goes like a lapdog*. So can this pretty much confirm Grass's theory?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Vanitas pretty much splits from Xehanort. How could this be so? Did MX absorb Vanitas or something like that?
I thought it was just for effect.

MX is pretty much Vanitas's master in the aspect that Vanitas pretty much does anything MX tells him to. "Go take what Ventus owes you and take Aqua's life" *Vanitas goes like a lapdog*
Vanitas doesn't do everything that MX tells him. He regularly disobeys Master Xehanort. Heck, Vanitas wanted to end Ventus' life before MX wanted.

venomblade

Vanitas doesn't do everything that MX tells him. He regularly disobeys Master Xehanort. Heck, Vanitas wanted to end Ventus' life before MX wanted.

-_- that's true. Hadn't played BBS in awhile. I just thought Vanitas obeyed because Ventus was MX's student, so maybe the student/master relationship came into play there.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Vanitas pretty much splits from Xehanort. How could this be so? Did MX absorb Vanitas or something like that? MX is pretty much Vanitas's master in the aspect that Vanitas pretty much does anything MX tells him to. "Go take what Ventus owes you and take Aqua's life" *Vanitas goes like a lapdog*. So can this pretty much confirm Grass's theory?

I never really realised that he actually did split from Master Xehanort, now that gives the theory a bit of back up.
Unless that was just another thing Vanitas could do or just turn invisble while walking infront of Xehanort.

venomblade

I never really realised that he actually did split from Master Xehanort, now that gives the theory a bit of back up.
Unless that was just another thing Vanitas could do or just turn invisble while walking infront of Xehanort.

I don't know man..just rewatching and rewatching the video I feel so dumbfounded that I never noticed how obvious the splitting is. And at first when I read the theories of Vanitas being a part of MX I was thinking "how in the hell could they associate the two of them?" but now I see this. It just seems to back it up substantially now.

That is just a concept video and in the actual canon scene in BBS, Vanitas is simply walking behind MX out of sight and then walks out from behind him. Watch this video at 3:40: [video=youtube;fHiuHNFz47k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHiuHNFz47k[/video] He never actually split from MX. Vanitas is purely the darkness of Ven's heart. While MX may have exerted his influence on Vanitas, Vantas is not a part of MX.

Keymaster3193

I also at first thought Vanitas was only there because since they were talking to Sora, and Sora is currently holding Ven's heart and Vanitas is Vens heart's other 1/2 that's why he was there.

This is solely the most likely reason that Sora can see Vanitas.

Although, after reading Grass' theory myself, I can kinda see it happening.

Last edited:

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
That is just a concept video and in the actual canon scene in BBS, Vanitas is simply walking behind MX out of sight and then walks out from behind him. Watch this video at 3:40: [video=youtube;fHiuHNFz47k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHiuHNFz47k[/video] He never actually split from MX. Vanitas is purely the darkness of Ven's heart. While MX may have exerted his influence on Vanitas, Vantas is not a part of MX.

Actually it's still the same. It was a way to show that he came from MX, the flash is supposed to help indicate this. Obviously they couldn't put Vanitas' model on top of MX's otherwise it would be too noticeable. So showing him coming out of the back was the only way to show him coming from MX.
Otherwise they could've just made him appear right next to him, but that wouldn't have the same meaning, which is that he came out of MX.

Everything that was used in the KH2:FM secret ending was used in the actual BBS game. Minus the capes, SRM's Keyblades, and them being in their armor for the whole time.

ChaoticWolf777

This is solely the most likely reason that Sora can see Vanitas.

Although, after reading Grass' theory myself, I can kinda see it happening.

Wait how do we know Sora saw Vanitas? As far as i kno and when i saw the english subtitles to the trailer he said "You're the guy from before.....what are you talking about?"

So we have no proof he saw vanitias, i think it was too show us gamers that Vanitias is back and in some way connected to YX.

venomblade

That is just a concept video and in the actual canon scene in BBS, Vanitas is simply walking behind MX out of sight and then walks out from behind him. Watch this video at 3:40: [video=youtube;fHiuHNFz47k]KHBBS - Final Battle Scenes (Ven) - YouTube[/video] He never actually split from MX. Vanitas is purely the darkness of Ven's heart. While MX may have exerted his influence on Vanitas, Vantas is not a part of MX.

They couldn't do it as cinematic as the CGI one due to PSP hardware limitations as this scene was actually rendered in 3D and not CGI like the KH2FM secret ending, but that still definitely looks like he split from MX to me. He didn't just walk to the side from behind MX. He split and glided to the right, if you know what I mean.

Radar

Bronze Member
Next saga will be the vanitas sage, just sayin...
As awesome of an idea that sounds, i dont think it will work.

vanitas appearing next to MX
and vanitas appearing next to YX show a definate connection between the two. YX is probably using vanitas as his main back-plan here, (having vanitas body, or soul, or heart) something weird Nomura will think of.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Actually it's still the same. It was a way to show that he came from MX, the flash is supposed to help indicate this. Obviously they couldn't put Vanitas' model on top of MX's otherwise it would be too noticeable. So showing him coming out of the back was the only way to show him coming from MX.
Otherwise they could've just made him appear right next to him, but that wouldn't have the same meaning, which is that he came out of MX.
or MX can summon Vanitas on his own and Vanitas is his own person though. and btw vanitas coming out of MX and looking like MX for a good 5 secs is concept...just showing how close there connection is between each other.

he disobeyed MX if he wanted to. when he got the X Blade u rly think in any mind that Vanitas would just hand MX the x blade like that? not even close. Vanitas is crazy

Everything that was used in the KH2:FM secret ending was used in the actual BBS game. Minus the capes, SRM's Keyblades, and them being in their armor for the whole time.
no

Terra's arm getting frozen and MX being the crap out of him - cut from the game
Ven's keyblade shattered - cut from the game
Vanitas striking Terra with lightning - cut
Vanitas fighting Aqua and Ven before jumping on the keyblade tornado - cut

so no. some r just concept and some were just cut out. like terra's eyes turning yellow. i believe it was a concept showing that terra will have his eyes yellow when Xehanort possesses him

MX and vanitas just have a real deep connection to each other, and why wouldnt they?

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
no

Terra's arm getting frozen and MX being the crap out of him - cut from the game
Ven's keyblade shattered - cut from the game
Vanitas striking Terra with lightning - cut
Vanitas fighting Aqua and Ven before jumping on the keyblade tornado - cut

so no. some r just concept and some were just cut out. like terra's eyes turning yellow. i believe it was a concept showing that terra will have his eyes yellow when Xehanort possesses him

MX and vanitas just have a real deep connection to each other, and why wouldnt they?

Well honestly I forgot of Terra's arm getting frozen.

They replaced Ven's Keyblade getting shattered, with it being his helmet instead.

Vanitas fighting Aqua and Ven before jumping on the tornado of Keyblades was most likely cut because it was something that wasn't needed, and it took up unwanted space.
It's a whole 5 seconds at least, and it's just the whole map changing into the bluer tone that is. The clouds roll in, and Vanitas shoots ice at Ven as he dodges it. Oh and MX summons up the tornado.

And Vanitas attacking Terra with the lightning, again probably because it was unneeded. There'd be too much to do with that. In the Secret Ending, Terra was kinda set on fire when that happened.

Another thing taken out, was Terra's helmet getting broken too. But that had to go hand in hand with his arm getting frozen.
And MX didn't crack Ven's helmet.

It would call for more models actually. So it's reasonable why they wouldn't have them.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Ithough xhanort could always sumon vanitas, since he somewhat created him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back