• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Spring 2013 Anime Lineup

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack of Titan is definitely the heavy hitter this season. I may check out the new Sunrise series, just because it's Sunrise, even though the premise couldn't be any more cliche for the genre, and also Space Battleship Yamato because it's a reboot of a previously established franchise

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Shingeki no Kyojin & Devil Survivor 2 will be the ones I watch for sure.

I'll wait for PV's for anything else that I may want to watch.

Esso

Fire Breaker
No Brainers
Attack on Titan
Oreimo S2

Considering
Railgun S(almost done with the first season)
Suisei no Gargantia(Gen Urobochi nuff said)

Lol I still need to see Psycho-Pass. This season seems more interesting than our current one. I just might put most of these shows on hold to catch up with my backlog.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I'm very curious to see how consistent the animation in Attack on Titan will be. I'm even more curious to see the brand spanking new studio Wit in action (seriously, they just opened their doors last summer). Obviously, collaborating with I.G. made that possible. There's no way a new studio can get the kind of budget that this show requires on their name alone. Plus, I.G. is good, so yay.

I'm almost interested in Yahari, considering that the writer behind it isn't exactly known for comedy. But Brain's Base has failed me one too many times as of late, so that's out the window as far as real interests are concerned.

I want to be excited for Devil Survivor, because I like Bridge and want to see them do more things. But let's face it, this is a video game adaptation. What's more, it's the same director behind the guy who directed Persona 4's anime (and that wasn't even his first botched attempt at video game adaptations). Still, Bridge's animation is at least a shit ton better than ASTA's.

So, Madhouse's new series is Photo Kano, huh? Alrighty then. Can't say I have any idea what to expect here. It's helmed by one of their key animators/animation directors (who's list of full directorial experience is fairly limited), so I really can't say how well it would turn out beyond the fact that the premise is a bit on the sketchy side.

And I have to go to class now, so more early impressions later.

Last edited:

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Aaaaaaaand part two.

Always like to see Sunrise tackling more giant robots, though the CGI in the trailer was off-putting (I want more Gundam 00 shiny). "That guy who wrote Code Geass" is creating the script, so pretty hit or miss (hopefully hit). The guy who directed Yozakura Quartet and Rozen Maiden (and the recent Natsuyuki Rendezvous) is filling the role here, so it probably won't be too bad. Fun fact: The mangaka of D.Gray-Man did the original character designs.

Yuyushiki will be bad and there are no two ways about it.

Now that studio shuffling is over, we can finally get on with Oreimo. Looking forward to it.

New Combat Butler. Because the recent season went over so well.

An inexperienced branch of AIC working on such a generic light novel premise? What could possibly go wrong?

Seeing Urobochi Gen's name in the credits is decent incentive (although Psycho-Pass leaves a bit to be desired), but I'm more excited to see a Sci-Fi Fantasy work from I.G. In the director's seat is the man behind Sacred Star of Milos (the most recent FMA film). While the narrative on the whole wasn't that strong, the movie itself was pretty well put together, so I've got some hope for this.

Hataraku Maou-sama is... undetermined at this point. The recent trailer made it looked like it was capitalizing on the recent "chuunibyou" binge, but it reminded me a little of Working at the same time. White Fox can do good work, but I don't know. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

lol, Hyakka Ryouran

Aaaaaand be back later.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
In any case I think this one will get dubbed, so I'll wait a while for that.

hah.

Watching:
Attack On Titan
Oreimo S2 (I swear if A-1 fucks this up there will be blood. But keeping the staff keeps my hopes high)
Railgun S2
Gundam HD Remaster (Ugh so many tears)
Red Data Girl
Little Witch Academia (I don't think my body is ready for this)

3 Episode Rule:
Danchi Tomoo
Photo Kano (I need to watch a harem every season)
Aku no Hana

Spring > Winter
Rest of the year > Spring

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
having recently just caught up to the manga uh
if you don't watch attack on titan you're a dumbyhead. a big dumbyhead. especially if you've seen the trailer.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
i haven't caught up to it yet, but i would be VERY surprised if it was not the best show this season in terms of plot and characterization and possibly animation as well. There is pretty much no reason not to at least check it out

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Not much to worry about there. Save perhaps Ore no Imouto's second season, you'd be hard pressed to find a show more hyped than Attack on Titan. Pretty much every one who's even kind of interested in anime is going to at least watch one episode.

Final part now.

Who told A-1 Pictures that a sequel to Uta no Prince-sama was necessary? I want names and addresses.

P.A. works is at it's best when it's not going the basic drama route. From what I can tell (without spoiling myself) it at least has some sort of hook to shake things up, so I'm not turned off yet. The writer is completely dependent on the source material, and the director doesn't do a lot of directing despite being in the industry for a while. He's most known as the director of Black Butler (for new generation anime fans) or the Inuyasha movies (for us old-timers). What this means is I'm a little nervous, but still cautiously optimistic.

Not sure what to think of Namiuchigiwa. Still, props for at least taking a different approach. A lonely guy goes fishing one day and snags a mermaid? Better than the generic harem comedy that we usually get. Looooooooong time studio Tatsunoko takes the reigns with a key animator as director and a writer who... um... might make it work. Understand that this writer who's contributed to Gunslinger Girls, Nana, Monster, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and recent incest/fetish-themed anime OniAi. We could go in so many different ways with this one.

Hentai Ouji and Stony Cat, huh? Just reading the premise leaves me perplexed.

Dogakobo occasionally makes good series, so I'm hoping that they and Orange do the same with Majestic Prince. This space opera comes from both a seasoned director and seasoned writer. The catch? Neither of them spring to mind when I think of "space opera." Granted, the writer did Jyu-Oh-Sei; and the director did do some storyboarding for the Legend of the Galactic Heroes, so not all hope is lost. Admittedly, it doesn't help that this director is also directing Data A Live this spring too. Oh boy.

Azazel-san is a fun dark comedy. I would watch another season of it.

I wouldn't even be interested in Crime Edge had this trailer not been released. It completely shattered any preconceived notions I had for the series (especially its tone). The director of Fate/stay night and related "unlimited blade works" film takes on the project at Gokumi, a studio known for A-Channel... and NakaImo... and Oda Nobuna... and Koe de Oshi- You know what? I'm not gonna think about that too hard. Urahata on series composition means its down to the source material (unless someone else wants to explain to me how else the guy who fulfilled that role for Monster could fulfill the same roll for Horizon, OreShura, and Haganai). Oh, who am I kidding, I just wan't the soundtrack.

And now for a new Satelight production. Arata Kangatari starts with a decent enough start to a fantasy premise by describing a world where humans and gods coexist. Then it throws in a time travel element and all I can think of is Tarzan wandering aimlessly through New York City (yes, I know time travel wasn't a factor there, but it makes my point). Not a huge fan of the writer (whose main points are Moonphase, Portrait de Petit Corssette, and Phi-Brain), but the potential is there. Oh, and it's the Shugo Chara director. I'm not expecting much.

Oh god, I can't stand this character's voice. Ugh, whatever. About Karneval. Manglobe's animating this; and while they haven't exactly been on the ball lately, this one has a shot. Impressive enough if the fact that it's adapted from a josei manga. More impressive (or rather, surprising) is the fact that the first trailer doesn't look half bad (besides annoying voice). Can't say the same for the second promotional video that makes it look like some sort of reverse harem, but I'll let that slide for now. The director doesn't really fit the anime tho (he's most known for Kodomo no Jikan, after all). As a matter of fact, neither does the writer... I can still be hopeful, because I want Manglobe to reel it back in.

I'm not sure how ZEXCS plans to handle Aku no Hana. It's not exactly "TV friendly." There are quite a few dark moments. I can't help but fear that the show will be neutered for the sake of the format. Besides, it's not like I usually get excited for ZEXCS productions anyw- Woah. Wait a minute. The director and writer pair... are the same ones who handled Mushi-Shi? Well, definitely watching this one then. To hell with ZEXCS or potential overcensoring. If these two are on the job, I'll gladly watch.

Aiura looks like it's probably some three minute type show, so I'm going to ignore it for now.

Yamato could be interesting. There's nothing more "throwback" than the series that everyone throws back to. Might be an enjoyable watch.

I'm not much of an Index fan, so I don't plan to watch Railgun's sequel.

The only thing I know about Mushibugyo is that it will be produced by Seven Arcs. This means that it will most likely suck.

SO, IN SUMMARY :p

damn right imma watch that shit
Attack on Titan
Aku no Hana
Azazel S2
OreImo S2 (even tho it proly won't be as good as S1)

seems kinda interesting idk
Valvrave
Suisei no Gargantia
Crime Edge
Karneval

i guess i'll give it a shot whatev
Photo Kano
Red Data Girl
Namiuchigiwa
Majestic Prince
Yamato

Also, This year's Mirai Anime is looking solid as diddly. ZEXCS seems to be stepping back to the time when they made the kind of shows that I tend to like (read: not harem/fanservice/romcom), and their entry is further proof of that. I love seeing Gonzo in there, because that means they've still got some fight left in them (they really need to go back to trying out what they want instead of the incessant catering that got them into trouble in the first place). And it's always nice to see a little Madhouse class with what looks like a combo of crime and pool. But the big entry this year is, of course, Studio Trigger's Little Witch Academia. Everyone wants to see what the former superstars of Gainax can do when they've got money to spend, and this provides just such an opportunity.

So yeah, shaping up to be a good season.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
well i'm procrastinating on preparing for my presentation monday anyway, so here are some trailers:

[VIDEO=YOUTUBE;KKzmOh4SuBc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKzmOh4SuBc[/VIDEO]
embedding this one for hype

Date A Live

Red Data Girl

Devil Survivor 2

Majestic Prince

Yuyushiki

Oreimo S2

Valvrave

Suisei no Gargantia

Hataraku Maou-sama

Hyakka Ryouran

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

Crime Edge

Arata Kangatari

Karneval

Anime Mirai 2013

ps: random fun thing that i found out as i was looking up these trailers

?????????????????????????????

i'm surprised it took this long honestly

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
You mean to tell me I waited an entire 2 months just to get one episode of GuP?

Fuck this gay earth.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
[video=youtube;0EKi5eVSuRU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EKi5eVSuRU[/video]

shaping up to be a bitchin anime mirai

roxaven

Aww man I was really hoping for another season of Daily Lives of Highschool Boys, since it was hilarious! xD

Dailylivesofhighschoolboys450_zpsa80f82ef.jpg

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Aww man I was really hoping for another season of Daily Lives of Highschool Boys, since it was hilarious! xD

By far my most favorite show ever.

But the manga stopped suddenly so I've had to settle for watching an episode every weekend.

Season 2 is never gonna happen...

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
[video=youtube;x7cOWFAKoco]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7cOWFAKoco[/video]

lol gonzo i see u rockin dat hitomi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back