• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Spring Season Anime 2014

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
Hopefully in the continuation they do the battle scenes much better in Fairy Tail.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
MEKAKU CITY ACTORS <33

I'm obsessed with the Kagepro song series and I've been keeping up with the manga for the most part, so I am stupidly excited about the anime. Can't wait to see it! ;w; Hopefully they put it on Crunchyroll~

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

ooooohohohoho, that was a funny one right there. really funny. except you didn't fix anything. you're gonna break something.
091012_gun.png

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
tbh i don't know if any other season this year can really top spring. even if sidonia ends up being a bust, there is really no way that Mushishi or Stardust Crusaders are going to be bad. Every other show that season could suck but as long as those two deliver, nothing else that comes out this year is really going to be as relevant.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Yeah, that's what I've been saying everywhere. It's gonna take something big to top a sequel to an anime seven years ago that's adored and the first true adaptation in over 15 years of a hugely popular series

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
In terms of sheer popularity, the biggest potential candidate for Fall 2014 is SAO2. I've heard the arc covered is the best of the SAO arcs, but that just means it could still easily suck (and most likely will).

Anyway, in terms of notable (potentially) Fall 2014 titles that could actually be quality, you've got the sequel to cult hit Soukyuu no Fafner, as well as ufotable's new adaptation of Fate/stay night.

That being said, only Soukyuu no Fafner is actually confirmed for Fall 2014, and we won't really know much about that season for a good while.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
In terms of sheer popularity, the biggest potential candidate for Fall 2014 is SAO2. I've heard the arc covered is the best of the SAO arcs, but that just means it could still easily suck (and most likely will).

Oh I have no doubt it's going to suck. SAO completely botched its initial premise in favor of masturbatory otaku pandering, and from what i've been hearing the premise for the new season doesn't really sound that intriguing. the only good thing about it was kajiura's music. you are right that it's going to be a big popular hyped show though.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Since the chart was released, a new title threw its hat in.

Kick-Heart's Yuasa to Direct Ping Pong Anime for Noitamina - News - Anime News Network

Acclaimed director and animator Masaaki Yuasa (a king of experimental and expressive animation) brings with him a new adaptation, Ping Pong (a sports manga from the mid-90s about the related sport, as you can guess). I cannot wait to see it in action.

[video=youtube;lmZVuMDlw-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmZVuMDlw-w[/video]

Oh, and for those that are aware that the series exists; no, this isn't related to The Ping Pong Club. For those wondering what that is, it was a title so... out there... that they still don't do some of the stuff that show did even to this day (which is saying something when you consider that Kiss x Sis and Yosuga no Sora are things).

Esso

Fire Breaker
Isshūkan Friends Anime's 1st Promo Video Streamed

[video=youtube;TZvQtV2ijHM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZvQtV2ijHM[/video]

The story of the manga revolves around Yūki, a boy who wants to become friends with his classmate and desk neighbor Kaori. However, she gently declines his friendship, saying, "But, my... Memories of my friends disappear in a week..." Even so, Yūki wants to become her friend, and so the two become friends over and over again as the weeks pass.

Tarou Iwasaki (Fullmetal Alchemist episode director) will direct the series at Brains Base (D-Fragments, Natsume's Book of Friends, Baccano!). Shôtarô Suga (The Eccentric Family, Lagrange - The Flower of Rin-ne, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) is handling the series composition, and Eri Yamazaki (My Little Monster animator) is designing the characters. Irone Toda is scoring the soundtrack.

So much feels. This is one title I really hope Crunchyroll picks up.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
[video=youtube;kFVaxGqCN9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFVaxGqCN9k[/video]

The CGI is looking a lot better than I expected it to.

At least so far.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

The season looks much more rounded now. 56 in total so far (55 if you don't count the TV version of Broken Blade).

Also, just an interesting tidbit I found while looking up information on some of these shows, the director of Kuroko no Basuke was an assistant director on Slam Dunk. Go figure.

And a lot of studios are pushing out multiple shows, damn. Both Bones and Toei are doing four. Madhouse, Sunrise, Gainax, and a few others are doing two. And I'm not even sure how Brain's Base is gonna pull off three shows in a single season.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
It's going to be impossible to top this season, seriously. I can't think of anything that could make me want any other season this year more.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Okay lets see what I am going to watch at least the first episode of...

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Abarenbou Rikishi! Matsutarou
Haikyuu
Ping Pong: The Animation
Captain Earth
Mushi-Shi S2

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Jojo
Knights of Sidonia
Mushishi
Captain Earth

This is actually a really good season, honestly. There's no way Jojo and Mushishi are going to be bad and if Sidonia and Captain Earth turn out to be good too, that's just icing on the cake.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Spring normally is the best of seasons.

Remember the one a few years back where we had Lupin, Kids on the Slope, Polar Bears Cafe, Kuroke no Basket, Tsuritama and Hyouka?

2012. What a time to be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back