• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► SQEX Members NA Unboxes KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

In less than a few hours fans across North America will finally be able to get their hands on KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX-, the long-awaited HD remaster collection that contains KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX, KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories, and KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days HD Cinematic Theater for the first time ever on the PlayStation 3.

North American KINGDOM HEARTS Product Manager Mat Kishimoto has taken a few moments to show off the Limited Edition copy of KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX-, telling fans about some of the pieces of art within the 24-page artbook and the special message from Series Director Tetsuya Nomura. Also, fans will get a chance to win a copy of the game & the rare KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- trading pin that was only available at the North American launch event held September 8th in Anaheim, California!

More information will come soon on the giveaway by Square Enix.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That may or may not have been the most cheerful unboxing I've ever seen. Mat just draws you right in; his personality is so infectious.

If I didn't already buy the game... I'd probably buy the game after watching that.

Oh hey they're giving out the pins! Good luck to all entrants~

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
My real question is: when does Mat Kishimoto get his own subforum here? Because that man is gonna get a fandom.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
lol I can't even be upset like I was a few days ago. Mat is great and he really does care about the fans

i kind of cherish my LE now BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN I'M STILL NOT SOMEWHAT UPSET OVER FALSE ADVERTISEMENT ;c and i'm still upset it does not fit on my shelf...I'm getting a new bookshelf JUST because I have no room for this game (and books that have kind of been spilling out of my shelf for almost a year, but I plan to display my LEs on this shelf too so !!!!!!)

My real question is: when does Mat Kishimoto get his own subforum here? Because that man is gonna get a fandom.

Right now, Tinny. Right now.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Someone should start a fanclub then! We've had them in the past for SE staff; let's revive the trend!

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I agree, that was a fun watch. I like how it wasn't taken too seriously. I didn't really hear his blurb before he changed his shirt, but I love how the NA localization team has been playing with us about the argyle / checkered pattern design that is a staple in KH. xD

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It's a cool gesture in general, though. Like, objectively speaking when you think about it unboxing videos are a fetish that all gamers never knew they had until they became a thing. The fact that there's, like, an official boxing video when like five years ago Square wouldn't even post their trailers online for months at a time is funny to me.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Despite having already seen the artbook's contents, I like you how really didn't show all that much. A lot of people get upset when you go through every page of an artbook during an unboxing since they want to see it for themselves. It's cool that he only showed like three pages and even skipped over the Nomura message and new sketch which is the most speical part of the whole thing.

Oh my God guys! Today is the day! Finally gonna play some KH Final Mix after school! *girlish squeal*

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Countdown! 38mins till my GameStop opens~
I'M GONNA BE THEIR FIRST CUSTOMER. ©_© Watching the door...

GOT IT. The art book is wonderful for someone like me who doesn't have 1~
On the side; I WASN'T the first one in the door. Here I was, flying down country roads at 75mph (don't try this at home!), dodging wooly worms on the road blasting Hikari, Linkin Park, Pokemon, ect; and I get to GameStop at 9:50. I live in a small town, so usually I'm the only one there to pick up stuff at opentime, and we never have midnight releases here. So I'm chillin in my SUV, waiting for the place to open. Right when the guy starts to take down the metal bars, this guy zooms into the parking lot and slams on the breaks, shoves in the door past the GS guy, and technically ditches me. I was totally slackjawed by his extreme rudeness to the cashier (whose register hadn't even been OPENED yet cuz he hadn't even had time to light the "open" sign) and his demanding attitude. He was scrawny as a twig and had yucky hair, a crazy look in his eye...and a yellow shirt.
So I walk in, Paopu earrings (hand-crochetted) in my ears, KH shirt on. We watch the guy blast off in a rush and then burst out laughing. We got into a conversation, wished each other a better day, and I came home. I'm gonna just pretend that guy didn't exist :3

Last edited:

doortolight

Awards
I made sure to be 1st at both gamestops, they opened at 10 and 11, so after getting the 1st one I went to the second store and waited outside 45 min just to get my second copy

Skye91

I just came back from my business trip, KH 1.5 arrived with the art book, my brother told me it arrived two days ago!!! :D

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
That may or may not have been the most cheerful unboxing I've ever seen. Mat just draws you right in; his personality is so infectious.

This. I've never seen such a well edited unboxing either. They are usually done very plainly, even the other ones SE does where they just normally unbox a game, which is all we come for. However, in this video, we came for the unboxing, and after it was done, we stayed for Mat haha xD

I'm a guy and I might have a crush on him...nope, I definitely do <___< in a friend kind of way...maybe.

Someone should start a fanclub then! We've had them in the past for SE staff; let's revive the trend!

Where would it go? I'd be okay with one being made, but would it be for all the SE staff, just Mat, or "SE Staff + Mat" giving him special recognition haha

Is it true that there isn't a plastic game box inside? :frown:

It is true. If you get the artbook, the artbook itself is the game case so you don't get a normal plastic case inside if you got the artbook.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Where would it go? I'd be okay with one being made, but would it be for all the SE staff, just Mat, or "SE Staff + Mat" giving him special recognition haha

They all went into Forum Insanity, as fanclubs go. Of course, the only ones we had in the past were for Nomura, Kitase and Watanabe (though Kitase's was a hate club).

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
They all went into Forum Insanity, as fanclubs go. Of course, the only ones we had in the past were for Nomura, Kitase and Watanabe (though Kitase's was a hate club).

I just realized in my close to 4 years of being here...I've never ventured into that dark part of KHi...I'm scared, what could be in their? Is it like the forum...BUT INSANE?!?!??!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I just realized in my close to 4 years of being here...I've never ventured into that dark part of KHi...I'm scared, what could be in their? Is it like the forum...BUT INSANE?!?!??!

it's just the place for threads that can't otherwise be discussed in any other section

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I nominate--Matt, is it?--to do the unboxing for every Square-Enix game from now on. That is, without a doubt, the most entertaining unboxing video I've ever seen. Matt is very fun, and just plain engaging to watch. And major props to him for being so enthusiastic, and selling the product so well. It almost makes me want to buy another version of I.5. Almost:) And it turns out I've been saying "358/2 Days" right, I think. I'd always thought I was, but I had my moments of doubt...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I forgot to post about how endearing and charming he is! Perfect salesman.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I do want to say I was a tad disappointed the artbook and the game weren't separate entities. The unboxing seems kindof sneaky in that regard, and though products are always liable to change until their release, it's interesting to note the preorder flyer had the Halloween Town costumes and Simba summon art which are not present here.

I would have also preferred no rendered art, or art that is rendered to be specifically from KH1/CoM/Days or art specifically made for this ReMIX. (I'll look at the strategy guide or this forum for rendered art.) I want to say Peter Pan's render is from KH2 and Alice's is from Re:coded? I'd also prefer a proper place to stash my Getting Started and Product Registration cards without them falling out every time.

Truly nitpicking over here, but when all is said and done, I think the presentation is rather neat. Makes me wonder if FFX's artbook will be similar.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I was disappointed about the artbook being the case as well... which is why I stole an empty KH HD case from work so now I have both. 8D I'll move my game into the empty case and keep my artbook safe on my shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back