• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix announces brand new Kingdom Hearts mobile game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Huh. Considering a lot of people guessed the same thing, I assume they'll pick those who said it first.

I'll be really surprised if "Another X" isn't the title.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Huh. Considering a lot of people guessed the same thing, I assume they'll pick those who said it first.

I'll be really surprised if "Another X" isn't the title.

It kinda has already been debunked? Japanese title clue is 2 words, 3 characters each. Another X (アナザー キー) doesn't match.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It kinda has already been debunked? Japanese title clue is 2 words, 3 characters each. Another X (アナザー キー) doesn't match.
I haven't seen the Japanese clue nor heard about any debunking, but I meant the X being pronounced like "eks" not "key". Though I don't know how many characters that'd be.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I haven't seen the Japanese clue nor heard about any debunking, but I meant the X being pronounced like "eks" not "key". Though I don't know how many characters that'd be.

X pronounced like the English letter would be written as エクス.

Which doesn't make a difference as Another is still written with four characters, and that is one too many.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
X pronounced like the English letter would be written as エクス.

Which doesn't make a difference as Another is still written with four characters, and that is one too many.
Well poopy. And it felt so appropriate, too. :(

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So JP Twitter is going to unveil the title at 17:00 JST on the 31st. That's be 12:00am PT on the 31st, rather than the 30th like NA Twitter said.

So uh, maybe don't be surprised if the announcement doesn't come at midnight tonight? NA Twitter ain't great with time zone conversions.

Noivern

Awards
So JP Twitter is going to unveil the title at 17:00 JST on the 31st. That's be 12:00am PT on the 31st, rather than the 30th like NA Twitter said.

So uh, maybe don't be surprised if the announcement doesn't come at midnight tonight? NA Twitter ain't great with time zone conversions.
I'll be getting an important KH announcement on my birthday, woosh.

I'm kinda expecting them to drop a small teaser video or at least reveal the full Nomura art alongside the game's logo, too. Best birthday present ever, maybe?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

It'll probably happen when I'm asleep, anyway. :LOL:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Why are some disappointed that this is a mobile title? Mobile games can have good storytelling.

Oh, nobody's denying the storytelling. The X sub-series has a fantastic story, It's just that Square Enix's monetisation methods on mobile games are really scummy and Unchained/Union Cross has demonstrated that multiple times.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Oh, nobody's denying the storytelling. The X sub-series has a fantastic story, It's just that Square Enix's monetisation methods on mobile games are really scummy and Unchained/Union Cross has demonstrated that multiple times.
Well it's also the gameplay imo, if Project Xehanort has the same mechanics that'll be disappointing.

And while I do enjoy Ux's story I find the slow pace of it rather infuriating. The game's been around for years and it still feels like barely learned anything. The story development started last year is only now really being resolved.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Well it's also the gameplay imo, if Project Xehanort has the same mechanics that'll be disappointing.
It's too early to tell, but I have no reason to doubt that Project Xehanort's gameplay will be the same as KHUx's. Like I mentioned before, maybe they'll rename Pins to Pieces and ranks will change from number of stars to Peon, Knight, Rook, Tower, King, Queen, etc.

GreyouTT

Awards
It's too early to tell, but I have no reason to doubt that Project Xehanort's gameplay will be the same as KHUx's. Like I mentioned before, maybe they'll rename Pins to Pieces and ranks will change from number of stars to Peon, Knight, Rook, Tower, King, Queen, etc.

I'd enjoy that rarity shake up. But I'm not sure it'll have the same gameplay, otherwise why make a different game?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wonder if it'll operate on a simultaneous worldwide schedule.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'd hope so, having multiple months delay between the versions really isn't ideal. It really doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to plan updates far enough in advance to compensate for time needed to translate.

Noivern

Awards
At this point it would be so incredibly lazy for them to not do it, most recent Gacha games do it and Union X doesn't take half the resources that some of them need to operate, since it doesn't include voice acting.
If fans can provide a story translation of their own free will a few days after the updates with quality so high that Squenix themselves use as reference for their own translations, there's really NO excuse. They have the money and the resources for this.

Granblue Fantasy, Shadowverse, Dragalia Lost, Fire Emblem Heroes are all high-profile gacha games with voice acting that have simultaneous worldwide schedules, and that's to cite just a few popular ones.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
They have no real excuse not to.

tenor.gif

Back