• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix Characters in KH4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

2 quid is good

Awards
Obligatory:
1649693586870.jpeg

A new saga, a new focus, a new hope beginning!

To that end, how many of you think the chances of any SE character making it into KH4 are? I know there's plenty of scope for Quadratum being an afterlife type thing to bring in deceased characters (Sora meeting Neku again would be hype!), but seeing as we know precious little about how KH4 will pan out and how much plot it will cover with regards to the MoM and the Foretellers, will this game be another MIA moment for them or will it be a grand return type beat?

And wouldn't it be fantastic if Donald and Goofy were trying to find Auron instead of Hades? Once again, the possibilities are many and creative, maybe Quadratum could even be host to the many dead FF villains too.

Personally I think the "We had too many characters so there wasn't any space for them" excuse will once again reign supreme, but then again, I really hope the HBRC coming back in Re:mind wasn't just a "throw the dog a bone" thing and a step forward to full appearances again.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I think Cloud & Sephiroth will appear, Nomura hears the fans - they have to appear.

Since this is some sort of afterworld/afterlife - I think Zack could appear.

I want to see Barrett & Red XIII as the other two FF7 characters.

Nomura could add other FF characters if he wants to, maybe Seifer & Co. ended up in Quadratum in their warrior's journey.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think Cloud & Sephiroth will appear, Nomura hears the fans - they have to appear.
I don't know if I believe Nomura cares what the fans want, tbh... I mean, there have been complaints about their absence since BbS, and the most we have is a cameo in KH3 DLC.
And wouldn't it be fantastic if Donald and Goofy were trying to find Auron instead of Hades? Once again, the possibilities are many and creative, maybe Quadratum could even be host to the many dead FF villains too.
I don't know why they'd be looking for Auron though, although I'd love him to return. Auron faded away at the end of 2. I suppose that means he just went back to being among the dead in the Underworld? Maybe they go find him because they think maybe he might've come from Quadratum? (That would make sense, it would be sort of similar to how Auron was in both Dream!Zanarkand and Spira.) Or perhaps they think Sora needs a guardian now? I suppose they could want to ask him if he's seen Sora while he's been in the Underworld to find out if Sora is there or not?

Last edited:

AR829038

Awards
I'd like to believe that the secret reason Nomura chose not to put any FF characters in KH3 is because he knew that we were gonna get a smorgasbord of them in KH4, and I highly believe that now.
I think that Quadratum is just one city in an entire world populated by Square Enix properties, probably all connected by land and sea as opposed to different little worlds. I expect Quadratum is this game's take on FFVXIII plus TWEWY, and it might even feature a couple other SE characters (would Dragon Quest be too strange an expectation?). And further outside the city, I imagine we would be able to travel to other FF locations, like Midgar, or Balamb Garden, or maybe even stuff from the pre-Nomura FF era like Cornelia. These are extremely high hopes and I will try not to be overly optimistic, but I do think the door is open for that to be the case across this new arc if not in this game specifically.
Furthermore, I think Star Wars and Marvel are indeed going to enter the franchise, but each as their own separate realities, which I think is actually the most genius way to go about integrating them into the KH-verse. I've been ambivalent for years now about whether I wanted SW/Marvel in KH, and I've decided that I do. My biggest concern was that they would try to squeeze all the lore and story of SW/Marvel into their own isolated worlds in the main KH universe, and that they wouldn't be able to do either of those properties justice in that way. But having each of those IP's be their own universe as expansive as the Realm of Light is the best possible way I can conceive of them pulling it off. I might even be willing to envision a Fox universe in there too, depending on which movies/shows they use, of course.
A lot of people say they don't want KH cluttered like this, but I've come to realize that this kind of outlandish craziness is exactly what drew me to KH in the first place, and I imagine most of us. I'm not worried anymore about the KH universe getting "too big," because I'm starting to believe that it can't get too big. The larger it gets, just means more there is to enjoy and explore. And that's been the main theme of the story ever since KH1—getting out into the larger world, exploring, broadening your horizons. It just fits so perfectly that I can no longer deny my inner child's desire to see all these properties get meshed together with my golden boy as the one to bring them together. I think it's fantastic. I've never been more excited for a KH game, not even for 3!!
We just have to slog through a few more mobile games before we can get there, though. But thinking about how grand and epic an adventure this is going to be makes it all seem much more worth it now.

Chie

Awards
Aya Brea was supposed to appear in KH1, but was ultimately not included, and now we're going to a modern realistic city. This is the perfect time for Aya to finally appear.

I'd appreciate anything-goes appearances like that much more than "leon, yuffie, etc. appear in one cutscene". Would love to see Neku and Joshua again some time too.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't know if I believe Nomura cares what the fans want, tbh... I mean, there have been complaints about their absence since BbS, and the most we have is a cameo in KH3 DLC.
He literally brought back Xion and Roxas because the fans wanted them back.

Henryp

Awards
I'm all in for FF cameos that push the plot forward. I do think the Restoration Comitee should have been in the main KH3 plot, even if just to say goodbye to them because they truly mattered in the Dark Seeker storyline.

However, 90 % percent of what I hear is Cloud and Sephirot, if not another FFVII character. I know they are popular, but they never actually mattered in the KH universe besides Cloud's KH1 appareance and the aforementioned RC. FFVII remake is already a thing, they are in smash... Give me Dark Vader as the optional superboss, give a cameo to Lighting, Terra or Celes, Zidane or the WoFF main characters. Bring TWEWY back in some form as Sora has been in "Shibuya" for 7 days, or take the opportunity to bring other SE IPs to the mix like KH3 did with the gummi ship.

Not having them was never a deal-breaker for me, but they are nice cameos that fans love, so I hope they take the opportunity to truly experiment with the formula.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Cloud & Sephiroth: I can easily imagine they fight each other so hard that they killed each other and have ended up in Quadratum.

Zack: We know Zack is probably dead 😭 so maybe he’s started a life in Quadratum. A delivery service/Jack-of-all-trades business. Cloud happens to find him here and becomes his business partner. They don’t agree with what needs to be done about Sephiroth.

Lightning: She’s similar to Sora in that in LRFF, she leaves the “old world” behind and ends up in the real world. So I feel like they could make her game canon her background here. She remembers her past and can still kick ass with a gun blade. She could appear in any world.

Aya Brea: She was gonna be in KH1. Bring her back now. If they have Sora go to New York, make her a detective there or something. Or I guess she can be a detective in Quadratum, too.

TWEWY characters: Just…do it. NEO TWEWY didn’t sell the way SE wanted to (which was their own fault to begin with) so drum up some interest in these characters by having them appear. Doesn’t have to be Neku and his friends. It can be Rindo and his friends. Imagine a FanGO minigame where we can have Sora go monster hunt around Quadratum.

Jack Garland: JUST DO IT, please. He’s genuinely one of my favorite FF protagonists.

Lann and Reynn: another “just do it” set of characters. WOFF had that whole Chaos Gate plot and the Exnine Knights which totally make me think of the Darkness here in KH but with less intentional convolution lol make it so Quadratum or whatever world they appear in was one of the ones they ended up in whatever WOFF plans they had.

I don’t expect any of these characters to appear but I would certainly be happy if they did

Last edited:

Katsagu

Awards
One thing I noticed from the Q&A is that Nomura seems to be a worried with fan pleasing developer. The pushback against zero SE property representation in KH3 was very vocal, so I'm hoping it changes and they go back into finding ways to implement them smartly, hell, I'll even go further and say we can already see them acting on it for Re:Mind, I'm sure the radiant garden gang was placed there exclusively because of the pushback.

For me, I'd love to see some of the FF XIII gang and also Alphinaud and Allisaie from FF XIV. Apart from that I'd like to see Squall and the rest do something plot relevant again.

I also want Yozora to just end up being Noctis.

AR829038

Awards
Actually FF summons as bosses would be cool. If Bahumet does exist in unreality going by Rex's comments we could get others like Ifrit, Shiva, and Leviathan
This comment makes me realize the possibility of each reality having its own summons for Sora to use.
I could totally see them finally using FF summons in Quadratum, but oh my god, could you imagine Sora using Yoda or Ahsoka as a summon in the Star Wars universe, or the Marvel heroes as summons in their universe?
The possibilities of this new saga continue to make me drool.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
However, 90 % percent of what I hear is Cloud and Sephirot, if not another FFVII character.
Funny, I've never seen that. Most of the complaints I've seen are over the Radiant Garden crew (of which Cloud and Sephiroth are a part) being wiped.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
All of my picks are going to be from Final Fantasy...the only other Square game I've played.

Alba from Final Fantasy Dimensions: She's full of herself and I would love to see her dynamic with Sora given how silly she can be.

Refia from Final Fantasy 3: Best girl period!

Gilgamesh from Final Fantasy 5: Give me a Keyblade seeking Gilgamesh already!

Reynn and Lann: Come on, they even look like Kingdom Hearts characters!

Balthier from Final Fantasy 12: He's the leading man after all. I would love to see him in KH so badly.

Rinoa from Final Fantasy 8: I feel like I've been waiting forever for her since KH2's ending.

Zidane and Garnet from Final Fantasy 9: Could you imagine Zidane hitting on all the KH girls?

Terra Brandford from Final Fantasy 6: The other best girl!

2 quid is good

Awards
I'd like to believe that the secret reason Nomura chose not to put any FF characters in KH3 is because he knew that we were gonna get a smorgasbord of them in KH4, and I highly believe that now.
I think that Quadratum is just one city in an entire world populated by Square Enix properties, probably all connected by land and sea as opposed to different little worlds. I expect Quadratum is this game's take on FFVXIII plus TWEWY, and it might even feature a couple other SE characters (would Dragon Quest be too strange an expectation?). And further outside the city, I imagine we would be able to travel to other FF locations, like Midgar, or Balamb Garden, or maybe even stuff from the pre-Nomura FF era like Cornelia. These are extremely high hopes and I will try not to be overly optimistic, but I do think the door is open for that to be the case across this new arc if not in this game specifically.
Furthermore, I think Star Wars and Marvel are indeed going to enter the franchise, but each as their own separate realities, which I think is actually the most genius way to go about integrating them into the KH-verse. I've been ambivalent for years now about whether I wanted SW/Marvel in KH, and I've decided that I do. My biggest concern was that they would try to squeeze all the lore and story of SW/Marvel into their own isolated worlds in the main KH universe, and that they wouldn't be able to do either of those properties justice in that way. But having each of those IP's be their own universe as expansive as the Realm of Light is the best possible way I can conceive of them pulling it off. I might even be willing to envision a Fox universe in there too, depending on which movies/shows they use, of course.
A lot of people say they don't want KH cluttered like this, but I've come to realize that this kind of outlandish craziness is exactly what drew me to KH in the first place, and I imagine most of us. I'm not worried anymore about the KH universe getting "too big," because I'm starting to believe that it can't get too big. The larger it gets, just means more there is to enjoy and explore. And that's been the main theme of the story ever since KH1—getting out into the larger world, exploring, broadening your horizons. It just fits so perfectly that I can no longer deny my inner child's desire to see all these properties get meshed together with my golden boy as the one to bring them together. I think it's fantastic. I've never been more excited for a KH game, not even for 3!!
We just have to slog through a few more mobile games before we can get there, though. But thinking about how grand and epic an adventure this is going to be makes it all seem much more worth it now.
😔 I wish I had the same level of optimism as you, also, I would LOVE to see Balthier, and Vaan too, I've been wanting it since FOREVER.

Reynn and Lann would be so good too urgh, WoFF was fantastic and really helped fill the KH sized hole in my heart, Lann interacting with Sora would be hilarious too, and them reacting to Jiant versions of all the FF heroes they saw would make for some funny interactions.

WoFF 2 my beloved when will arrive

Back