• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix Characters in KH4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm amazed that Lightning was not used in a KH game. She was so popular and I'm sure it would have made fans go crazy to see Aqua and Lightning together.

My personal picks would be: Fran and Balthier (package deal), Rydia, or Tellah.

I always envisioned a Donald/Tellah scene - they both have short tempers and use magic. It would be funny to see them try to one up each other's magic.

I just want a scene with Namine/Rydia. I don't know why.

Fran and Balthier can work in a Treasure Planet world or in the Coliseum. I really wanted them to be a secret boss fight in The Caribbean. They could have crashed on an island and you come across them for a fight. Then you collect items to help them fix their ship to leave.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Honestly with how popular FFXIV has become in the last few years I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull characters from there (and there are quite a lot of great ones).

The developers of XIV have mentioned that doing a kh crossover event in XIV would be difficult because of Disney, but it clearly indicates that they have considered it, or at least are aware that it was wanted by the community. So, if Disney is a problem putting KH into XIV, they might just go the other direction and put XIV in KH.

There are a great number of wonderful, beloved characters that would fit in super well with the KH aesthetic. Hildebrand in particular would be absolutely lovely if they wanted to go for something a bit more lighthearted and goofy as a silly cameo.

For more serious characters there is always Emet-Selch since I could see there being a 'plausible' explanation for him to be present that wouldn't clash too heavily with lore (or any of the Ascians, really). There could be a very silly mix-up between his Ascian coat and the Org 13 one until they clear things up.

I think it would be a bit harder to be lore consistent with XIV for any of the Scions showing up, though, unless they wanted to go the route of "Y'shtola figured out how to traverse to other worlds like she promised she would."But I suppose that would make more sense than the XV and XIV crossover which was just noctis showing up and being like "yeah uh I fell through a portal idk"

I'd love for any "deceased" FF to appear since it would make a lot of sense for them to be there. (possible spoilers warning for FF games??) Definitely want Zack. Vivi is also a possibility, since he was also conspicuously absent in KH3 and we know what happens to him in ff9. Tellah also would be a fun character to see around. Shadow is sort of technically both alive and dead depending on player choice but we could still see him to indicate it is from the timeline where he is not saved. Ultimecia might be cool too??

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Square Enix wasted such a good opportunity in KH3 by not adding Lightning to Olympus. At this point, just give me Noctis. Seems fitting given the circumstances

Henryp

Awards
Funny, I've never seen that. Most of the complaints I've seen are over the Radiant Garden crew (of which Cloud and Sephiroth are a part) being wiped.

I was referring to KH4 in this case. Their name have come up I'm this thread several times, there is a thread about them and not any other FF character and reddit and youtube comments are about them.

I wouldn't mind they coming back, but knowing that at best we will back to how KH/KHII handled cameos, I prefer they prioritize other SE IPs and new FF characters, or actually give us everything. Personal opinion of course, and I wouldn’t be mad if Cloud/Sephirot are what we get, I just think those two are everywhere since, well, I guess since FFVII was released.

I say yes to the Type-0 cast. If the game ends up involving memory loss, they are a natural fit to the series. And not many people talk about DQ, but even a cameo if the slime would be good!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
At this point I wouldn't even bet on moogles. Chirithies are totally being positioned to be the moogles of KH now.

Henryp

Awards
At this point I wouldn't even bet on moogles. Chirithies are totally being positioned to be the moogles of KH now.
Was just thinking about this.

Prob we will see moogles in the animated Disney worlds. But I wouldn't rule out ultra realistic Moogle going to Quadratum with the heartless.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I can see a lot of the ones suggested already. Lightning and Zack in particular. Also Lann and Reynn and the TWEWY cast.

I’d also be down to see Vincent Valentine, Caius Ballad. and Jecht as well. Maybe Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge.

Awards

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Tifa-Cloud-Sephiroth is something I’d like to see, mostly because we got left with a cliffhanger on their confrontation at the second numbered title (no, the manga interpretation doesn’t count).

I’d agree with Spock about Lightning because of her circumstances in her trilogy’s ending…if only she wasn’t so flat.😐God, that whole trilogy was such a slog to get through, mostly because Lightning felt so boring as a character. No amount of jiggle physics is going to make up for a snooze fest of character stagnation, Toriyama.

The XV set would be just…weird. Not only because of that really bad history and complicated feelings Nomura has about it, but also because Yozora is basically the expy.

Maybe someone from Ivalice, or Shantotto?

The WoL/Setro, because who better than the original to serve as some sort of polarising figure in the game all about the darkness and the light?

2 quid is good

Awards
No fear.

One fear.

This is super niche but Ellone would be a great mentor for Namine, as they both share similar skill sets and both have gone through similar situations. Also she WAS referenced in Re:Mind, which was a huge surprise to me, and I'm getting a lot of mileage out of it too haha. I think Terra from FF6 would also be a decent pick for this role, and she's more well known too.

I just want Leon to have his fam again T.T Let's have Laguna, Ellone AND Rinoa.

blank points

Awards
No fear.

One fear.

This is super niche but Ellone would be a great mentor for Namine, as they both share similar skill sets and both have gone through similar situations. Also she WAS referenced in Re:Mind, which was a huge surprise to me, and I'm getting a lot of mileage out of it too haha. I think Terra from FF6 would also be a decent pick for this role, and she's more well known too.

I just want Leon to have his fam again T.T Let's have Laguna, Ellone AND Rinoa.
I have to ask, when was Ellone referenced in Re:Mind? I completely missed it.

2 quid is good

Awards
I have to ask, when was Ellone referenced in Re:Mind? I completely missed it.
It was an optional dialogue with Leon that you could get after the cutscenes finished, basically him alluding to FF8's plot beats (the whole dreams aspect - which was Ellone's power)

it's in the first few seconds here

blank points

Awards
It was an optional dialogue with Leon that you could get after the cutscenes finished, basically him alluding to FF8's plot beats (the whole dreams aspect - which was Ellone's power)

Thanks. Wow, I totally missed this one. Have to pay more attention on my playthroughs lol.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think we'd be lucky to even get the RG characters back, but hypothetically, the characters I'd most want to see in KH are:

Quistis ~ I always thought she'd be a perfect addition to the FF crew in RG, if they ever showed the castle side of things, since she's a computer person.
Vaan, Balthier, & Fran ~ A pirate crew that competes with you over Treasure Planet.
Kuja, Ultimecia, Ardyn, Kefka ~ Any of them would work well as one-off secret bosses.
Zidane & Garnet ~ I'd say they'd be perfect in Robin Hood if that wasn't an animal world. All the FFIX characters would fit well in The Black Cauldron, of course, but TBC has little chance of ever appearing (especially in KH the way it is now).
Quina ~ I always imagined her in Morva, but TP&TF has a much higher likelihood of appearing than TBC. She could play the role of the froghunters.

I'd love Lulu, but I have a hard time imagining where she could be incorporated. There are some others I could picture easily (Red XIII in Pride Lands, Zell in Radiant Garden, Vincent in Halloween Town, etc.)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Squall: *sweating, remembering the time his sister forced him to dream about his father’s past meeting his MIA girlfriend’s mother and fighting an evil sorceress* we’ll go looking for clues in other places…

SweetYetSalty

Awards

I totally missed this! They just love teasing all these FF8 hints. It's been decades and still no Rinoa! While I don't think it's going to lead to Ellone appearing, it's a cool nod to her.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Square Enix wasted such a good opportunity in KH3 by not adding Lightning to Olympus.
I will never understand this. The only way I'll forgive Square Enix for this is if Lightning is part of a new Final Fantasy trio or quad.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm amazed that Lightning was not used in a KH game. She was so popular and I'm sure it would have made fans go crazy to see Aqua and Lightning together.
She would've been the natural pick for Olympus in 3 (after Auron in 2 and Cloud in 1), but alas...

I was going to respond to your post with "That's because they only ever incorporated new FF characters in a new main title and the only one that came out since 2 was 3, which was by the time Nomura was bitter about FF," but I realized that's not true. Zack was in BbS, after all. Which made me think about what FF character could've been utilized in 3D, for example. I thought it would be interesting if Auron had reappeared in that game in the sleeping realm because, having "faded away" at the end of 2, he had either returned to or become a part of the dream world (sort of relating to Zanarkand being the dream of the fayth in FFX). Come to think of it, they could've also included Jecht as a secret boss in the 3D considering he was from the Zanarkand dream in FFX, too.

Back