• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix characters in Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Keyblade Knight 1st Class

Awards
I've always wondered about the possibility of Square Enix characters that weren't from Final Fantasy appearing in Kingdom Hearts but I figured it was unlikely to ever happen. But then TWEWY characters made an appearance in Dream Drop Distance. And Nomura revealed that Aerith's role was originally intended for Aya from Parasite Eve. So that got me wondering again. Will Aya finally make it into a future game? Can we expect more TWEWY characters? How about characters from other games/franchises such as Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest or Nier? At this point I think anything is possible. What do you guys think. Is this something you would want? And if so, what kind of characters would you like to see? Or would you prefer it if they just stuck with Final Fantasy?

Soldier

Awards
I'm going to level with you knight (can I call you knight?), I don't see any of that happening in the far off future. Nomura all but admitted that he's practically done with using final fantasy characters (save for moogles) in KH going forward. They were a stepping stone in the grand scheme of things, and now we have to deal with the cringy edgelord OC voiced by a washed up has-been instead of fighting foes like Ultros with Kairi and Aqua or Gilgamesh. It would be nice for them to acknowledge other characters from square franchises, (I wouldn't mind some representation from older titles at least),

Keyblade Knight 1st Class

Awards
I'm going to level with you knight (can I call you knight?), I don't see any of that happening in the far off future. Nomura all but admitted that he's practically done with using final fantasy characters (save for moogles) in KH going forward. They were a stepping stone in the grand scheme of things, and now we have to deal with the cringy edgelord OC voiced by a washed up has-been instead of fighting foes like Ultros with Kairi and Aqua or Gilgamesh. It would be nice for them to acknowledge other characters from square franchises, (I wouldn't mind some representation from older titles at least),

I agree that it's probably never gonna happen and sadly there is a good chance that Final Fantasy in KH is a thing of the past. Especially considering the amount of new properties that Disney owns like Star Wars and Marvel. Final Fantasy characters were always considered "guests" which is why we never got a FF world. On the other hand Disney is the whole point of the series and adding new characters from their constantly growing library is always going to be Nomura's priority.

P.S. Yes you can call me Knight :)

disney233

Awards
This could be said for the Disney characters, really. KH has gone down the path of...if you aren't an original oc, then...odds are you aren't going to have any relevancy. (Lol, even then half their ocs don't even get any proper treatment.). That being said, you don't understaaaaaaaaand how much I'd like to see spells and cameos from Dragon Quest, FF, or even Chrono Trigger, but in reality it just isn't going to happen.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think the Final Fantasy boat has sailed for KH. With that in mind, it means that no other franchise will show up. It's a shame that the only Final Fantasy characters that we can ever expect to see in the future are Leon, Yuffie, Aeirth, and Cid (maybe Cloud).

I just wish Nomura would think outside the box a little. Like if DISNEY is being restrictive about having their villains fight, then instead of giant heartless, inject a Final Fantasy character or a recognizable Square Enix character in there as the boss. If there's a DISNEY/PIXAR world that is lacking an actual "villain" to fight in it, use a Square Enix character. The way Auron was used in KH2 is how I hoped future games would handle Final Fantasy since I always thought the Radiant Garden characters had their story completed by the end of KH2.

Dark Rot

Awards
Ultimate KH-Square crossover game would feature the other games Shimomura did the music for: Live A Live, Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve and since this ain't happening anyway, Super Mario RPG.

I think it is reasonable to expect more TWEWY characters, and I wouldn't rule out cameos from other series in the future. KH can still be anything. Things change, attitudes change. FF will be back in a meaningful way someday, if not the next game even. Just because KH3 was that doesn't mean we can't have nice things again someday.

Barrett

Awards
I mean, we're getting pretty close to that reality if we consider the Einhander representation in KH3. Sure, the "characters" seen are just spaceships and Gummi versions of them to boot, but Schwarzgeist still managed to get its own new remix of its theme in the game. So it definitely wouldn't be much of a stretch if Nomura jumped even further and introduce actual characters from Square projects he wasn't involved in. It's just a matter of what direction he wants the story of KH to continue going forward and if it would allow such characters in KH.

Whether I think it'll happen or not, I'm not exactly sure. I still think it's too early in the 2nd Phase to tell if the series will disregard the majority of FF, TWEWY, or Square in general.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The only other Square Enix characters I could realistically see appearing in Kingdom Hearts is the cast from The Bouncer because they're characters designed by Tetsuya Nomura with 3D character model references already available.

Back