• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix General

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wasn't sure where to post this so I just figured I'd put it here.

Drakengard Creator Taro Yoko Is Working On A New Game, But Shh, Don’t Tell - Siliconera

I wonder if this has anything to do with the new RPG for consoles they are planning to reveal this month.

That is unlikely but I am excited for a new Yoko Taro game.

The unannounced new RPG SE plans to reveal in December is likely to be the new SaGa game they are going to announce for the 25th anniversary.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
My apologies if this post is on the wrong place, but since this about Square Enix(in general?), I´`ll try asking anyway. I have been listening to Parasite Eve`s( the first one) soundtrack for a few days now, and the game interest me. Has anyone of you tried it? It looks a lot like the older Resident Evil games, but I have heard that instead it is an RPG? Also I discovered that the OST has been made by none other that Yoko Shimomura, and Nomura was the character designer. I think it can be found on PSN?

Some guy

My apologies if this post is on the wrong place, but since this about Square Enix(in general?), I´`ll try asking anyway. I have been listening to Parasite Eve`s( the first one) soundtrack for a few days now, and the game interest me. Has anyone of you tried it? It looks a lot like the older Resident Evil games, but I have heard that instead it is an RPG? Also I discovered that the OST has been made by none other that Yoko Shimomura, and Nomura was the character designer. I think it can be found on PSN?
It's more RPG than anything else, for example your guns have a range and you have to press a button to highlight the enemies you can attack (à la Vagrant Story), then you confirm your attack etc.
The game is really good though, better than the second opus imo.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
It's more RPG than anything else, for example your guns have a range and you have to press a button to highlight the enemies you can attack (à la Vagrant Story), then you confirm your attack etc.
The game is really good though, better than the second opus imo.

Hmm. Sounds interesting. Are there any random encounters, or can you just run past enemies like in the RE games?
I think I will check this game out later, when I have cleared my backlog a bit more.

Some guy

Hmm. Sounds interesting. Are there any random encounters, or can you just run past enemies like in the RE games?
I think I will check this game out later, when I have cleared my backlog a bit more.
It's been a long time and I can't really remember, but I think it's possible to run past enemies ...

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I never understood as to why Square Enix have not created a HD Remaster compilation for Star Ocean? It would been a perfect means of warming Square Enix fans into Integrity and Faithfulness.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmm, wasn`t it that game that was said to take inspiration from Sqaure`s older games such as Chrono Trigger? The art style looked really pretty. Speaking about Chrono Trigger, I was able to find a DS copy of the game with a reasonable price(29 euros). I have been wanting to play that game for a while now and was overjoyed when I found it. I bought it and it will probably arrive either tomorrow or the day after that. So excited!
TDDance_Snoopy_YouTube.gif

Sdog

Awards
Guessing we'll see there stuff spread between the Xbox And Playstation conferences then? FFXV and KH3 are a good chance for Sony. Same with Tomb Raider since it still has to come out for PS4... Deus Ex at Xbox?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
[video=youtube;4txT2EicrHE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4txT2EicrHE[/video]

English Trailer for I Am Setsuna

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
[video=youtube;4txT2EicrHE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4txT2EicrHE[/video]

English Trailer for I Am Setsuna

Thanks for sharing. I loved that game when I watched a preview of it weeks ago. The gameplay is Chrono Trigger-ish, but the game itself is very different.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm considering getting it, but... I don't know. The story doesn't seem too original at this point (which the trailer seems proud of?) and story is the biggest thing for me, so I'm really on the fence.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm considering getting it, but... I don't know. The story doesn't seem too original at this point (which the trailer seems proud of?) and story is the biggest thing for me, so I'm really on the fence.

I don't know about the story. It seems to be like a sort of pilgrimage or something. But everything else looks interesting.

---

Edit:

Save 20% on I Am Setsuna for Steam

Last edited:

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, the story just sounds like FFX/Tales of Symphonia-esque. I'm still going to give it a go, it looks fun and I'm sure there's more to the story than that, but still.

Back