• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix Has Released Patch 1.05 for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix made an unexpected move today by releasing a new patch for 2017's Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue on PlayStation 4. The update, which is only 128.2 MB in size, only states that "various issues have been fixed."

Earlier this year, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue released on Xbox and featured a more stable frame rate than it's PS4 counterpart so hopefully today's patch brought the PS4 version of the game up to parity with Xbox.

Credit: breaktheice16

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Last edited by a moderator:

Katsagu

Awards
Well that's random. And still no VII Remake patch.

bcsimaoo

Awards
Probably adjusting things for it to run in the ps5, other games must be on their way...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
A lot of games have been getting patched recently. Every time I turn on my PS4 every day, I have like 4-5 games updating. I hope this was a PS5 optimization patch...or maybe what Chaser said in the OP. OR even better, some debuggers were bored and decided to revisit 2.8 lol

AegisXIII

Awards
A lot of games have been getting patched recently. Every time I turn on my PS4 every day, I have like 4-5 games updating. I hope this was a PS5 optimization patch...or maybe what Chaser said in the OP. OR even better, some debuggers were bored and decided to revisit 2.8 lol
Could it be that they are testing the games on ps5 for backward compatibility and fix issues they find?

AegisXIII

Awards
It's funny because I am a developper and when we screw up and find bugs we are ashamed of, we usually write:
* various issues have been fixed

What have they found ? 😂

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
FWIW the new PlayStation store confirms that all KH games are playable on the PS5. If anyone was worried, don’t be. They’ll all be there for you if you jump consoles.

AegisXIII

Awards
FWIW the new PlayStation store confirms that all KH games are playable on the PS5. If anyone was worried, don’t be. They’ll all be there for you if you jump consoles.
There is a new psstore? 🧐

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Oh, okay. Well basically BC titles on the store have a message, like this one on KH2.8's page

2srVkcW.png

Whereas games that don't work as BC titles, like Joe's Diner, have this message

aqZU07x.png

These messages are also now displayed on the PlayStation store on PS4 consoles. KH MoM has it on its pre-order page too.

AegisXIII

Awards
Oh, okay. Well basically BC titles on the store have a message, like this one on KH2.8's page

2srVkcW.png

Whereas games that don't work as BC titles, like Joe's Diner, have this message

aqZU07x.png

These messages are also now displayed on the PlayStation store on PS4 consoles. KH MoM has it on its pre-order page too.
Nice thanks for the screenshots.

Back