• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix Presents Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- at Gamescom!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- was available for fans to play at this years Gamescom event in Cologne Germany. While the demo was the same as the one that was playable at both Jump Festa 2014 and E3 2014, Square Enix Presents has upload a new video highlighting fans reactions to the game and showcasing them having fun while playing, as well as talking to Co-director Tai Yasue and various fans around the event.

"I like it very much! Kingdom Hearts - in HD - as a remix. I'll buy it", one excited fan said while cosplaying as Sora.

Another fan had nothing but praise for the remix; "The art design looks better, the gameplay has improved - and also the camera work. What I've seen so far - it's a really good game." 

We get a lot of passion for Kingdom Hearts and I think that’s really one of the drivers for the Kingdom Hearts development team. I think that’s the reason why we do this. A lot of our game shows, we have user feedback and we see a lot of movies where the players are really excited and I think we sort of watch that in the development team and I think really that drives us to make our games quickly *laughs*. We get a lot of passion from that.

The things you can do on the next generation consoles is going out of the stratosphere, it’s very exciting. A lot of restrictions we had before are gone so that’s a new thing. Not just the technology but the creative aspects as well. There are things we can do in Kingdom Hearts that you can’t do in  any other game. There’s a lot of fantasy involved, for example, in Kingdom Hearts so one of our events we had, for example, a jet coaster coming— a magical jet coaster coming out of thin air. That’s very Disney theme park like. I guess that is something that is very original to Kingdom Hearts so we’re very excited.

The reason we do this is because of our fans. They’re very passionate. Coming here to the Gamescom today, I realised that again and I realised it’s not just a Japanese thing, it’s not just a North American thing, it’s a world-wide thing and I’m very excited watching our players play the video game made me realise how happy I am actually being able to take part in the development of Kingdom Hearts.

- Tai Yasue, Co-Director of Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- releases in Japan on October 2nd, with North America recieving it December 2nd and Europe on December 5th.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3!

Sdog

Awards
Awesome to see fans worldwide gettin to enjoy it! Looks like they were runnin the demo builds off of PCs since they were using 360 controllers it seems =p

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
We get a lot of passion for Kingdom Hearts and I think that’s really one of the drivers for the Kingdom Heartsdevelopment team. I think that’s the reason why we do this. A lot of our game shows, we have user feedback and we see a lot of movies where the players are really excited and I think we sort of watch that in the development team and I think really that drives us to make our games quickly *laughs*. We get a lot of passion from that.

The things you can do on the next generation consoles is going out of the stratosphere, it’s very exciting. A lot of restrictions we had before are gone so that’s a new thing. Not just the technology but the creative aspects as well. There are things we can do in Kingdom Hearts that you can’t do in any other game. There’s a lot of fantasy involved, for example, in Kingdom Hearts so one of our events we had, for example, a jet coaster coming— a magical jet coaster coming out of thin air. That’s very Disney theme park like. I guess that is something that is very original to Kingdom Hearts so we’re very excited.

The reason we do this is because of our fans. They’re very passionate. Coming here to the Gamescom today, I realised that again and I realised it’s not just a Japanese thing, it’s not just a North American thing, it’s a world-wide thing and I’m very excited watching our players play the video game made me realise how happy I am actually being able to take part in the development of Kingdom Hearts.

- Tai Yasue, Co-Director of Kingdom Hearts

Awesome to see fans worldwide gettin to enjoy it! Looks like they were runnin the demo builds off of PCs since they were using 360 controllers it seems =p
360 controllers? They aren't the traditional Sony controllers, but rather custom controllers. You can see the triangle, square etc. buttons on them especially at 0:40-0:43.

BvIupWuCUAQK7_G.png:large

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I'm excited to finally play bbs the way it was meant to be played. In HD on a TV.

Antar

Awards
We get a lot of passion for Kingdom Hearts and I think that’s really one of the drivers for the Kingdom Hearts development team. I think that's the reason why we do this. A lot of our game shows, we have user feedback and we see a lot of movies where the players are really excited and I think we sort of watch that in the development team and I think really that drives us to make our games quickly *laughs*. We get a lot of passion from that.

I can imagine the development team sitting around together and watching Youtube videos related to Kingdom hearts. :p

Last edited:

Venitas

Yasue seems like such a nice guy! I've never seen a video interview of him. I'm glad that Square has people like him who seem really passionate about their games.

Halcyon

Yasue seems like such a nice guy! I've never seen a video interview of him. I'm glad that Square has people like him who seem really passionate about their games.

You should watch his interviews for the pre-release of KH3D, you can feel that he's a fan of the company's products. He's always enthusiastic.

Sdog

Awards
360 controllers? They aren't the traditional Sony controllers, but rather custom controllers. You can see the triangle, square etc. buttons on them especially at 0:40-0:43.

BvIupWuCUAQK7_G.png:large

Whoops my bad =P. just caught a glance of what I thought was the guide button with the start n select on the sides n went from there.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Whoops my bad =P. just caught a glance of what I thought was the guide button with the start n select on the sides n went from there.
Don't worry, you're not the only one. Some people elsewhere have jumped onto a "THIS MEANS IT'S FOR 360 AND PC" bandwagon :x

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm not 100% certain, but I think it's Gilgamesh from Final Fantasy XIV.

Sdog

Awards
Don't worry, you're not the only one. Some people elsewhere have jumped onto a "THIS MEANS IT'S FOR 360 AND PC" bandwagon :x

I wouldn't have been so foolish, as if it were to get announced for 360 (which it won't) I would've found out here if anything haha

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Love this interview. His passion fueled by the fans feeds my enthusiasm for the series. It's cyclical.

But dammit, they couldn't have plopped him in front of a worse backdrop. I was getting Xemnas stinkeye the whole time.

limit

A... magical jet coaster flying out of nowhere?? That sounds almost as amazing as Sora's hype train!! I truly hope many fantasy things like that are included.

It's also always nice to see Yasue so passionate about the series we so love.

vincentr0th

Awards
I was there,actually.And,damn was playing bbs fun:p

but, i died cuz my pal distracted me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back