• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix Released Brand New Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Renders and Screenshots

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
You know something I noticed? Gula's Keyblade is made of thunders, and thunders come from the sky (sora). He also seems to have a facial structure similar to Sora's
I don't really see the Sora facial similarity tbh The only thing Sora and Gula even have in common right now is that their renders share a pose and that's it.

palizinhas

Awards
Xehanort points some in the end of BBS, but he tends to do it pointing foward, not upward. Though he starts by poiting upward before putting his hand a bit down at Ven and saying "x-blade". And he does the both-hands-behind-back thing as well. He's actually doing it in that cutscene with both hands before starting to move one, at which point the other stays on his back. He points at Ven with his right hand though, it's a bit of a mirror to the MoM's pose.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
So do y'all think we will get the MoM real name. If they are keeping the seven deadly sins theme. Then his name would be related to pride, since that is the one that is left. Superbia probably.

A bit much for me. I'd rather it be Fastus.

Karrawong

I think the similarities of Gula's and Sora's KH3 poses is just coincidental, since Ava (spoiler warning for khux and khx) does have a similar pose when using her illusion abilities to pose as one of the other fortellers.

Also when comparing KH3 Sora to Gula, I noticed that Gula and Ava seem younger than Sora when he is 18 years old. So maybe Gula and Ava are in their early to mid teens.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I think the similarities of Gula's and Sora's KH3 poses is just coincidental, since Ava (spoiler warning for khux and khx) does have a similar pose when using her illusion abilities to pose as one of the other fortellers.

Also when comparing KH3 Sora to Gula, I noticed that Gula and Ava seem younger than Sora when he is 18 years old. So maybe Gula and Ava are in their early to mid teens.
i think it metion somewhere that ava and gular are the youngest foretller

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Certainly a possibility as this might be a classical case of overthinking things and/or grasping for straws to strongarm some connection between the Foretellers and already existing characters.

This is honestly something I do not understand in general. One one hand, people are complaining about "too many clones/offshoots/different variations" of already existing characters and demanding for unique new characters yet on the other when we do get introduced to a set of possible new characters there gets the utmost stuff done to frantically relate them somehow to already existing major characters.
It's paradoxial.

Since when is Sora 18 years old? He's at most 16 since Re: Coded and DDD take place not long after KH III.

i think it metion somewhere that ava and gular are the youngest foretller

There have not been any ages mentioned but due to their stature Ava and Gula get most often interpreted as the youngest of the Foretellers.

On a side note just out of curiosity: Why is it always so hard to actually decipher what your posts say? There are always letters missing in words or some extra where they don't belong.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
There have not been any ages mentioned but due to their stature Ava and Gula get most often interpreted as the youngest of the Foretellers.

On a side note just out of curiosity: Why is it always so hard to actually decipher what your posts say? There are always letters missing in words or some extra where they don't belong.
yeah i get what you saying but i really think they are the youngest forteller as for the other thing sometimes i type so fast that forget to check my spelling

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Certainly a possibility as this might be a classical case of overthinking things and/or grasping for straws to strongarm some connection between the Foretellers and already existing characters.

This is honestly something I do not understand in general. One one hand, people are complaining about "too many clones/offshoots/different variations" of already existing characters and demanding for unique new characters yet on the other when we do get introduced to a set of possible new characters there gets the utmost stuff done to frantically relate them somehow to already existing major characters.
It's paradoxial.

Since when is Sora 18 years old? He's at most 16 since Re: Coded and DDD take place not long after KH III.

He sounds like Roxas/Ven (connected to Sora) and then give him an almost identical pose to Sora's KH3 render. Do you blame us? Especially in a game that literally forces the idea of everything being connected. To be honest it's getting sort of repetitive so I really do hope they made the render like that to throw us off, and instead surprise us with something new.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
yeah i get what you saying but i really think they are the youngest forteller as for the other thing sometimes i type so fast that forget to check my spelling

Yea sure, like said, it is a valid interpretation, it just isn't confirmed anywhere.

Ah I see, well, maybe typing a little slower would be helpful then. ^__^

He sounds like Roxas/Ven (connected to Sora) and then give him an almost identical pose to Sora's KH3 render. Do you blame us? Especially in a game that literally forces the idea of everything being connected. To be honest it's getting sort of repetitive so I really do hope they made the render like that to throw us off, and instead surprise us with something new.

Last time I checked Gula isn't voiced by Jesse McCartney or Kōki Uchiyama, so that already falls flat and otherwise it is just a damn simple pose.
Does that mean that if a character dons the "Saturday Night Fever"-pose we can expect John Travolta to be in KH wielding the Discoblade or if there's someone sitting with his hands crossed before his mouth that Gendo Ikari will show up?
Riku and Vanitas also share the same battle stance and there's zero connection between them.

It is not about casting blame actually but more me wondering why there is so much overthinking in this regard.
A connection between characters can mean several different things, it doesn't have to be the literal offshoot/variation of the same character-stuff that has been done to death already in the KH series as a whole, so yes, it is getting repetitive.

If one wanted to put it most harshly, Ephemer, Skuld (and possibly Chirithy) might be the only characters coming from the X[chi]-era that have any actual worth when/if the Foretellers are really just another bunch of useless clones/offshoots that serve for yet another trip down the identity crisis- and "who am I"-angsting lane already present in KH 2 and Days (with both Roxas and Xion), CoM (with the Riku Replica), BBS (with Ventus), Re: Coded (with the data beings) and DDD (with Sora himself).

While a plotpoint/scenario can be used more than once with enough creativity, there comes a point somewhere where even the most goodwilled follower gets fed up with retreading the same stuff over and over.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Does that mean that if a character dons the "Saturday Night Fever"-pose we can expect John Travolta to be in KH wielding the Discoblade or if there's someone sitting with his hands crossed before his mouth that Gendo Ikari will show up?

I can't be the only one who stopped reading here for an epic slow clap.

Awards
People are so hopped up on trying to force connections between characters like some madcap Nort that they're forgetting the important questions, like why in the everloving blue hell do the Foretellers' keyblades have the eye of darkness on the keychains?

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
@sephiroth didn't say he is voiced by the same VA, just that he sounds similar. I'd like to believe that they'd do something different with the Foretellers, never said I didn't, was just saying that it's perfectly valid to also assume that there might be a connection. I think you didn't catch my drift :)

CrystalRaine

Oh come on, there's just no comparison.

Gula and Sora have the EXACT same pose; there's an infinite number of poses they could have used for the two characters. This is not a coincidence. I know sometimes Kingdom Hearts fans can come up with some far-fetched theories sometimes, but you can't look at something like this and think 'Oh, that's just reaching'.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards

Gula and Sora have the EXACT same pose; there's an infinite number of poses they could have used for the two characters. This is not a coincidence. I know sometimes Kingdom Hearts fans can come up with some far-fetched theories sometimes, but you can't look at something like this and think 'Oh, that's just reaching'.
Of course, there's still the possibility that it could just be a red herring, you never know. :wink:

Last time I checked Gula isn't voiced by Jesse McCartney or Kōki Uchiyama, so that already falls flat and otherwise it is just a damn simple pose.
Riku and Vanitas also share the same battle stance and there's zero connection between them.

It is not about casting blame actually but more me wondering why there is so much overthinking in this regard.
A connection between characters can mean several different things, it doesn't have to be the literal offshoot/variation of the same character-stuff that has been done to death already in the KH series as a whole, so yes, it is getting repetitive.

If one wanted to put it most harshly, Ephemer, Skuld (and possibly Chirithy) might be the only characters coming from the X[chi]-era that have any actual worth when/if the Foretellers are really just another bunch of useless clones/offshoots that serve for yet another trip down the identity crisis- and "who am I"-angsting lane already present in KH 2 and Days (with both Roxas and Xion), CoM (with the Riku Replica), BBS (with Ventus), Re: Coded (with the data beings) and DDD (with Sora himself).

While a plotpoint/scenario can be used more than once with enough creativity, there comes a point somewhere where even the most goodwilled follower gets fed up with retreading the same stuff over and over.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
People are so hopped up on trying to force connections between characters like some madcap Nort that they're forgetting the important questions, like why in the everloving blue hell do the Foretellers' keyblades have the eye of darkness on the keychains?

Pretty sure that the Eye of Darkness is the “All seeing eye” that the Master of Masters has. Maybe it’s a tracker to observe the Forteller’s whilst he “disappeared”… kind of like Xehanort and the "X" as a tracker on Sora, Ventus, Terra and Aqua's clothing.

I completely agree. There's a difference between pulling at straws and making a believable connection. This definitely falls in the latter regardless if you’re a believer of the “Reincarnation” theory or not.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
Omg this character has the same pose as that other one, they just have to have a connection!!!
No, doesn't sound fishy Red Herring-ish at all! Something so obvious must be the case, I'm sure!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
If poses say that much, does it mean that Aqua is Cloud and Sora is Aerith? ohmigawd mind blownnn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back