• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix Reveals KHPC As KINGDOM HEARTS ?[chi]!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It pops out at ya right. Its attention grabbing to anyones whos played bbs.
That's... not what I was talking about. It has nothing to do with Birth by Sleep.
When I say "too much on the X", I'm talking about the whole X inside an X, and the larger green X having the flowing points at the end of it, not to mention the third X stuffed in there. It just feels like there is too much there.

Last edited:

Virion Crescent

The question is, will we dub this title "x" or "chi" (like Birth by sleep is bbs or chain of memories is com)?
I'm not sure what you are saying, X is not an "ancient letter", it's still used today. The [chi] is there for people who don't know how to pronounce it.
Actually, I think he's referring to the fact that the "X" in "X-Blade" is not actually a "X". It's an ancient letter that looks like in X, and is pronounced either "Keyblade", with ephisais on the "key", or "Kai-blade", without any ephisais. At least, that's what I got playing BBS.

I just worked on my KH timeline for an hour or two, and on an iPad, so this might be weirdly phrased.

Also, wait, I think I might be able to find the "X"...

χ<<<

χ vs. X vs. x

Last edited:

Turn

(&#65417;&#9685;&#12526;&#9685;)&#65417;&#65374;&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Actually, I think he's referring to the fact that the "X" in "X-Blade" is not actually a "X". It's an ancient letter that looks like in X, and is pronounced either "Keyblade", with ephisais on the "key", or "Kai-blade", without any ephisais. At least, that's what I got playing BBS.

Lnds500 is right. χ is a modern Greek letter; not ancient.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's portrayed as an "ancient" letter in-universe by Master Xehanort in the context of the KH mythology, but in real life Chi is just a normal letter of the greek alphabet. ;)

InfernusIgnitus

Also found out that KH PC, or KH x [chi], is gonna be a social/facebook game with gameplay similar to chain of memories. I have to wonder why square enix would make such a key part of the storyline a damn facebook game?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Also found out that KH PC, or KH x [chi], is gonna be a social/facebook game with gameplay similar to chain of memories. I have to wonder why square enix would make such a key part of the storyline a damn facebook game?

Key part of the storyline? Sorry, lol, but you apparently don't know what you're talking about.

KH PC is the first true Spin-off title of the series and has close to no impact on the actual main story.

^this is what I meant by ancient^

Wait, it's going to be a Facebook game? Damn it!

Ok, probably should have detailed that. ;)

Nope, Browser game, I didn't see anything yet that it's only accessible over Facebook. On the other hand though I didn't follow the news for it too closely. <__<

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
No, it's not for Facebook, but FB is generally mentioned in explanations since everyone and their mother thinks this is a legit canon PC game. When you think of browser social games, you think of FB, though Japan has plenty that aren't tied to it (Bravely Default Praying Brage for example).

I'd highly suggest reading this if you want to catch up on KHX.

Last edited:

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
No, it's not for Facebook, but FB is generally mentioned in explanations since everyone and their mother thinks this is a legit canon PC game. When you think of browser social games, you think of FB, though Japan has plenty that aren't tied to it (Bravely Default Praying Brage for example).

I'd highly suggest reading this if you want to catch up on KHX.

Thanks for the info Sign~ Fantastic Avvy by the way :D

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Well, this is a nice surprise! I was wondering when we we'd get more info about this game (seeing as how 1.5 HD Remix is coming out soon-ish, and I knew Japan was getting preorder bonuses about the browser game).

And I have to say: I'm really digging the green color scheme here. I think a lot of people originally thought that was going to be DDD's color scheme, but instead they went with magenta to make it look 3D-esque. Overall, I'm happy that this color is being used now. And what a nice shade of green, too! Just makes me wonder what color KHIII will be, though...

Also, this might be the first normal, non-head-scratching-title that KH has gotten in a long while. I definitely approve. Although, with the title... do you think it'd be a stretch to say they might drop a few hints about Kingdom Key's origins in the game?

And with all of the Xs, I wonder if we might get more info about the Seven and Thirteen/X-Blade in this title. It is about the Keyblade War, after all. (Even though it isn't canon at all, and if I'm being realistic we probably won't get any new insight into the series with it.)

By the way, I know as I'm typing this it isn't going to happen, but I want a Kairi card. Seriously. She did a little fighting in KHII, so it would be appropriate to have one available somewhere. And who knows? Maybe it would hint at how she'll fight in KHIII. Really, I know there's no chance they'd do that, but I want her represented in some way. I tell ya, every time new Sora and Riku things are released, where Kairi isn't included at all, I die inside a little more.

But that's neither here nor there, so I'm going to get off that topic before I get too depressed about Kairi's treatment in the series. This is generally a happy topic, after all. And I'm happy about all of this:) Yeah...

SoraroS

Awards
this will obviously be non-canon, but will it have a storyline for us to play through?? do you know if it will be click based or will you actually control the character? thanks :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
this will obviously be non-canon, but will it have a storyline for us to play through?? do you know if it will be click based or will you actually control the character? thanks :p

The game is being marketed as a strategy card game, so it seems like it might not be a "click-to-win" kind of deal. We will have to see.

Also we don't know much about the story beyond this and what was said in this latest Message from the Kingdom.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm not sure what you are saying, X is not an "ancient letter", it's still used today. The [chi] is there for people who don't know how to pronounce it.

The letter X that we commonly use today is not the same X that is in X-Blade. Have a wikipedia article: Chi (letter) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's also briefly explained by Master Xehanort in Birth By Sleep.

Lnds500 is right. χ is a modern Greek letter; not ancient.

It's called ancient in the KH universe and this KH so ye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back