• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square-Enix still working on new MMORPG.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuraudo

Website
www.dissidia.com.br
"Square Enix have a big MMO. It's called Final Fantasy XI. But FFXI is getting a little long in the tooth, so it's no surprise to hear Square Enix are still working on a successor.

Talk of the company's post-FFXI MMO has been around for years now, but during an address to investors last month, Square Enix boss Yoichi Wada re-affirmed that while Final Fantasy XI was still quite profitable for the company, it couldn't last forever.

Speaking of this "transition", Wada says that, as FFXI winds down, "the question is where do we go from here, and we are currently developing a post-FFXI flagship title". Interesting that he calls it a "flagship" title, suggesting that instead of just switching to a more casual-friendly MMO like the company's existing Nicotto Town, it'll be something more substantial.

Final Fantasy XIV, perhaps? It's not like that'd be without precedent..."

Text from: Kotaku

Personally I'm really looking foward. Final Fantasy XI is awsome, incredible storyline, system and sound... and the next Tanaka's (FF XI producer) game should be great as well.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I'm already furious at the fact that a mmorpg received a roman numeral. I'd hate for it to happen again. For the most part, I don't care about what they wanna do, but I really hope it doesn't end up being called FFXIV.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I'm glad that they know that MMORPGs don't last forever.

I'm looking at you, Blizzard.

It would suck, because I have a nice FFXI Collection disc that's been waiting until I can cough up $12.95 a month to play. :/

Firo

Oh Crap
Why are they even talking about this? FF13 isn't even finished yet. SE is getting in over there head.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
SE is a huge company working in a time when there are more children going through college and doing something involving technology and/or gaming that they can just hire more people if they need to. As for budget, they could just release some other FFVII-related piece that cost thirty cents to develop and have their next three games covered.

Angel

Why are they even talking about this? FF13 isn't even finished yet. SE is getting in over there head.

um, this is already happening with DQ too, doncha know.

oh, and IX, X, and XI were announced simultaneously. (FF)

Firo

Oh Crap
I know. I just wanna see more progress on 13 before another ff game comes out. That's just my opinion though regardless of fact.

Angel

I know. I just wanna see more progress on 13 before another ff game comes out. That's just my opinion though regardless of fact.

well, that's up to S-E.

If they wanna make the next 20 FF titles at the same time, power to them.

I'm not complaining.

Kuraudo

Website
www.dissidia.com.br
Kotaku said that... Not SQEX.. not me.... please pay attention to the text..
No one confirmed it....
In my oppinion, I would be happy to see SQEX continuing the history of Vana'diel wich is awsome, and yes, FF XI deserves being part of the main series.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
...and yes, FF XI deserves being part of the main series.

I disagree. FF follows a certain formula and XI completely breaks away from it.. They experimented with Tactics, hence why it's called "Final Fantasy Tactics." The same thing goes with Crystal Chronicles, and whatever else. The true FFXI should have been what eventually became XII. Like I said before, I'm all for experimentation, but there was no need to break the cycle of the main series. It could have had a completely different title and people still would have gone nuts over it, so there was no need to break the cycle of the main series.

Kuraudo

Website
www.dissidia.com.br
Final Fantasy evolved... FF XI have everything that a FF should have on the scenario. The gameplay also feels like an authentic Final Fantasy (you really feel like playing one)... but it evolved.... FF isn't Dragon Quest which remains almost the same.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Kotaku said that... Not SQEX.. not me.... please pay attention to the text..
No one confirmed it....
In my oppinion, I would be happy to see SQEX continuing the history of Vana'diel wich is awsome, and yes, FF XI deserves being part of the main series.

What part of what I said inferred that I didn't pay attention? I'm just asking, "who thinks that it will actually be called that?"

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

Because the FF13 team and the MMO team is different. Square is a big company they can work on more then 2-3 titles are once.

Lets hope they don't fuck this MMO and make a good one this time.

Kuraudo said:
FF XI have everything that a FF should have on the scenario.
LOL, that is good one..

.....Wait you aren't joking.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Yes I've played for years. I own 3-4 copies of FFXI(one because of that shit that pull gone for 3month delete).

Its decent but its not the best and its far form it. I'm sorry but its not the best story FF.

Kuraudo

Website
www.dissidia.com.br
Yes I've played for years. I own 3-4 copies of FFXI(one because of that shit that pull gone for 3month delete).

Its decent but its not the best and its far form it. I'm sorry but its not the best story FF.

Your oppinion... I've ended FF XI (the 3 nations), Rise of Zilart, Chains of Promathia (with apocalypse nigh), Treasures of Aht Urhgan and I'm at the last mission so far from Wings of the Goddess, and consider it along FF VII the best storyline on the series. Btw... it's my oppinion...
And why you got 3 copies of FF XI? I bought mine, the expansions, and i don't have to buy any other discs... just use the virtual discs I made (I play on the PC).

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
You have to rebuy if you character was deleted. and I tried to come back just couldn't.

Play FFT, FFVI or FFIX if you want the best story in a FF.

Kuraudo

Website
www.dissidia.com.br
You have to rebuy if you character was deleted. and I tried to come back just couldn't.

Play FFT, FFVI or FFIX if you want the best story in a FF.

I've played (till the end) every single Final Fantasy, except from Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis (wich I've read all the script), Final Fantasy IV The After: Tsuki no Kikan (same as Before Crisis) and Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII - Lost Episode.

No if your character got deleted you have two options. Ask a GM to bring it back or start a new one.... if you're in a lucky day, the GM will bring it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back