• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square's downfall?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud302

In my room playing PS2 (hopefully soon to be PS3)
Has anyone else heard that some of the major people that worked in Square moved to another company? At first, I didn't believe it...but it would explain the random crazyness/suckyness lately...like X-2, Dirge of Cerberus, KH2, and the randomly changed for no reason battle system of XII. Also maybe why XI was online. Anyway, let me know if you've heard about this or know anything about it. Thanks.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Has anyone else heard that some of the major people that worked in Square moved to another company? At first, I didn't believe it...but it would explain the random crazyness/suckyness lately...like X-2, Dirge of Cerberus, KH2, and the randomly changed for no reason battle system of XII. Also maybe why XI was online. Anyway, let me know if you've heard about this or know anything about it. Thanks.
Get your facts right

FFX-2 was planed before they merged with Enix. KH was a Square game.. KH2 was being planed already, Kh2 sucked because that unskilled hack working on it.. DoC guess who wanted to do that?

This FFVII crap you pretty much blame on Tetsuya Nomura. As for why KH sucks its its his fault as well not Enix's..

Now FFXII sucks? I hope ur not saying that.. The Japanese verson was supra as for the English one. The battle system is one the best.. If Enix hade anything to with that yay for them. FFXII is being call the best FF. So I fail to see whats so bad about it. One the best since FFT/FFIV/FFIX..

FFXI is a great MMO its doing really good, and guess what? They talked about making a FFXI a MMO when FFX was out.(before Enix and them merged) It prolly would've sucked if wasn't for Enix. It was there idea to make the lvl cap 75 and not 65. As for other stuff in the game..

~~~
If Square does die.. I would hade to Enix die with them.. After all Enix saved Square, Enix is a great. I hate when ppl blame Enix for all the sucky crap Square-Enix puts out.. But if they do something great its yay for Square. When something bad comes out blame Enix..

Vox

Omnipresent Power
Awards
Yea dude dont hate on none of those games if anything at all there downfall was the FF series as of late im sick of seeing final fantasy games seriosuly they need to let it die it can be to much of a good thing

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Well I enjoyed KH2, and I know Im gonna enjoy FF12. Hell, its gonna be the best game yet!!

Square-Enix wont disappear just yet. Lol...

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Sorry I enjoyed KH2 and FFXII( even though KH2 had a FF7 problem). I think the main problem is neither KH or FFXII. Clearly the thing that is going to bring Square down is none other than FF7. FF7 poisoned the magic of KH and is the reason why KH2 couldn't excell to it's full potential. CoM and KH1 were successful because they did not allow the poison of FF7 to plague it. The poison can even be seen on Sora and the Org.

So know it well everyone. If Square's end comes, it will be because of FF7, which has a knack of ruining things.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator

FFX-2 was decent.

Dirge of Cerberus was fun but the core fun was the online (which we lost) so it didn't go to well.

KH2 was pretty good, not amazing, but still good.

I don't see how 12's battle is a "random unneeded change" when every FF trys to tweak the combat. FF12's combat is one of the BEST any of the FF's have had. If every FF uses this combat I will be happy.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Square's downfall=Final Fantasy VII

The Gaming Industry's scourge=Final Fantasy VII

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well:

1) FFX-2 wasnt a bad game at all, just didnt live up to series expectations.

2) KH2 has sold amazingly well, and most people actually like it.

3) As for the FF series, I thought it was getting worse and worse too, untill FF12 came out that is. o.o FF12 is great! Best game of the year!

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Let me guess: Your source is one of those people who thinks they're cool because they constantly say one (or more) of these three things over and over?:
1) Square liek suxxorsone
2) Cloud liek suxxors1!
3) Sony liek suxxors!
4) (Any combination of the above)

I actually liked X-2, a lot. I actually liked KH2, a lot. DoC seems very fun and is on the higher part of my list of games to by, and I'm very excited for XII, so it's at the top of my list for games to buy.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Square-Enix isn't about to go away anytime soon, even if they are experiencing a bit of a loss at the moment.

They'll just dip into their stockpile of money they keep in the Scrooge McDuck-esque vault of their's...

Anyway. I think what you're talking about is the 'recent' formation of Mystwalker. It was created by the same guy that made Final Fantasy (was just discussing this with a friend, and now I can't remember his name....gah!)

The games that Mystwalker are currently working on are looking, IMO, much better than anything SE has pumped out, or is currently working on (bar FFXII, loving it at the moment). Blue Dragon and Lost Oddessy (spelled that wrong).

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Anyway. I think what you're talking about is the 'recent' formation of Mystwalker. It was created by the same guy that made Final Fantasy

Did you know he was also the idiot who made the Final Fantasy Movie. Not only did he start the Final Fantasy Franchise, he almost ended it along with the company itself!

Blue Dragon is generating so much hype in Japan, not because of him, but because of the Dragon Quest Designer and the old school gameplay. It is very old school if you've seen the gameplay. <_< Although I only like it because of the visuals. Lost Oddyssey seems okay. It seems all flash and no substance. The battles look like FFX with better graphics.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Did you know he was also the idiot who made the Final Fantasy Movie. Not only did he start the Final Fantasy Franchise, he almost ended it along with the company itself!
FFTSW was a great movie.. People fail to see that because wasnt made off a game, It was FF no matter what ppl say.. I mean Look at FFVII AC, that movie sucked. But guess why it sold? ''OMFG it has Cloud vs Sehpy in it.. AC fails as movie, STW plot > AC..

He is far form a idiot. One of the idiots is still at Square-Enix, the one who won't let FFVII die.. Keeps making spin offs.. The one where all of art is the same and dull..

1.Hironobu Sakaguchi 2. Kensuke Tanaka 3. Nobuo Uematsu etc.. This company can beat Square and it will.. Its won't be that hard if Square keeps up this BS..

Blue Dragon is generating so much hype in Japan, not because of him, but because of the Dragon Quest Designer and the old school gameplay. It is very old school if you've seen the gameplay. <_< Although I only like it because of the visuals. .
Its because of both of them.. Sakaguchi is master mind..

Lost Oddyssey seems okay. It seems all flash and no substance. The battles look like FFX with better graphics
I can say the same thing about FFXIII..

Lost Oddyssey is going to make them as well as Blue Dragon. Then Cry On.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
If Square's end comes, it will be because of FF7, which has a knack of ruining things.

Do tell, what did it ruin?

I don't think Square will die anytime soon. The fans love FF games. I've played pretty much every main FF game (With the exception of FFXII, which I'm dying to play), and I've liked them all. I don't think it'll die anytime soon. Square can't die as long as they keep making FF games, because there will always be a fanbase for FF.

Plus, Square has made many other games, like the KH series. Regardless of what problems KH2 had, I still enjoyed it, and fans are dying for Final Mix+.

Also, with the other games Square will make in the future, there's no way they'll die. Regardless of how good or bad the game is, there will always be a Square fan.

AngelofAdvent

Start the Machine
I think Square-Enix's real down fall will be milking the hell out of FFVII. Did we really need a Vincent spin-off? or the new PsP, Zach spin-off? I never really got the hype. I thought the movie was cool, but I don't get why the call it the "greatest FF". It had a typical, conplex, FF story with graphics that made my eyes bleed. Yes, my name is from FF: AC but but now, FFVII is just stupid the way S-E is treating it.

Super Eclipse: I didn't FF:AC sucked. It was good, but not great.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
but I don't get why the call it the "greatest FF". It had a typical, conplex, FF story with graphics that made my eyes bleed

It's because it has a place in many people's hearts as "the first RPG they've ever played." The story, I thought, was alright, even though it was fairly generic, but the game was nice and simple, which is what I like about it. And who cares about graphics anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back