• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Star Wars: The Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite Star Wars Film

• The Phantom Menace

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Attack of the Clones

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • A New Hope

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 46 39.7%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 19 16.4%

• Total voters

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

I'm just gonna leave this here. No other video has really summed up my thoughts on TLJ as well as this one.

[video=youtube;oSU1STltwS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSU1STltwS0[/video]

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Szts88zY4o[/video]

“Don’t get cocky.”

Sdog

Awards

And the full thing... Well, full teaser thing...

[video=youtube;dNW0B0HsvVs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs[/video]

Don't know how I feel about this honestly. It's way too soon after TLJ and I'm still not sure how i feel about that one entirely. This trailer didn't get my hyped aside from seeing Chewie and Lando. I remember i wasn't too hyped for Rogue One either so I'm hoping this can surprise me too. But now seeing that I said that we'll have to see.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

I love how you see the gap of the falcon filled. It’s a cargo ship so it makes sense that at that point Han hadn’t modified it. Glover looks stunning.

Sdog

Awards

[video=youtube;ZQT-3JODB8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQT-3JODB8k[/video]

Holy mother of dragons...

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

Upon hearing the news...

SnarlingScrawnyDesertpupfish-size_restricted.gif

After meditating on it.

giphy.gif

sdjAJrO.gif

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

A new Star Wars saga, disconnected from the Skywalkers and with potential for complex characters?

Guys.

This could be the Old Republic's time to shine.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

A new Star Wars saga, disconnected from the Skywalkers and with potential for complex characters?

Guys.

This could be the Old Republic's time to shine.
dont star wars fans say this

every

single

time?

Hakan Xatos

Awards

dont star wars fans say this

every

single

time?

Considering it's the first time that it's a saga not involving Skywalkers?

I'd suppose this is the first time Star Wars fans say this.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk

I'm with Chuman on this. It was the same when Rian Johnson's trilogy was announced a few months back.

Even though it was explicitly stated that this would be a new area of the Star Wars franchise never touched before*, fans screamed "Old Republic!" until Rian had to go out and say that fans of the franchise as a whole would know what to expect of an Old Republic themed trilogy, and that wouldn't be exciting for him to create.

*The wording was pretty vague, on wheteher it was the a new area of the Star Wars movies only, or the whole Multimedia busisness.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

That new episode of Rebels destroyed me. No doubt that tablet is with the hand gestures is connected to Mortis.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

And so ends another chapter of Star Wars history. Despite despite rocky beginnings, Rebels has made its mark within its franchise. The finale wasn't a grand battle but it was an important one with key characters.

I truly appreciate the love and care Filoni and crew placed into this series and how well it ties together with the prequel, original and sequel trilogy. The careful planning of how they handled Kanan and Ezra within the continuity, and truth of Ahsoka's fate. The finale has not only ended loose threads but opened so many roads, be it through shows, books, comics or movies.

"The apprentice lives..."

Spoiler Spoiler Show

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk

I was over-all pleased with the final 2 (or 3) episodes. They brought together most of the characters the Ghost crew have interacted with throughout the series for a final showdown to free Lothal. I am curious, however, how long before Rogue 1 the finale takes place. The Battle of Scariff is the Rebellion's first major victory, but you could argue that driving the Empire off Lothal, and them never returning is a major victory. This of course depends on your definitions; "From a certain point of view" as an old hermit once said.

The finale tied up loose ends, and even brought in a concept most people hated and claimed as stupid, non-Star Wars, filler. Honestly I always liked the Purgill episode in season two, and have never understood the complaints. The episode adds (at least) two things; 1) there were hints previously about Ezra's Force-connection with animals, but this episode took it to new levels. 2) It added to the mythos, legends about the Purgills claim that they were what inspired people many, many millenia ago to invent Hyperspace travel, that is, predating anything we have ever known about the Star Wars Galaxy's history (maybe not the Dawn of the Jedi series, as I never had the chance to read that).

I am not sure I like how Thrawn namedropped captain Pellaeon, only for him to die within five seconds. It's nice to see some of the old Legends characters return or mentioned as a little wink to the fans of Legends, but when it is just a mention, with no build up throughout the series at all, just to kill the person of screen in seconds... I feel that could have been done in a more respectable manner. Then again I always prefered Pellaeon over Thrawn in Legends, so maybe I'm a little biased over that.

And even after four years of Rebels to build her character (well one year, really, I guess), I still don't care for Ahsoka. Whatever plans Filoni has for her, they had better be amazing if I am ever going to like her. I thought Twilight of the Apprentice was the perfect send-off for her; but I shall have an open mind. Though I would like to see Vader's reaction when she just suddenly disaeppears as he is about to strike her down, cause Ezra pulled her into the World between worlds. Wonder what was going through his mind.

Edit; 9 March:
Jon Favreau announced as executive producer and writer for SW live action series on Disney's upcoming streaming service.
Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series | StarWars.com

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

I watched the last jedi like three times this week and i gotta say i loved it. i liked pretty much everything it did with the story and the characters. loved the way it was shot and the visuals. easily my favourite film in the series. coulda been gayer tho

i'm pretty curious what ep 9 is going to be like. j.j. like, never writes endings so it will be curious to see where it goes. i'm so glad it's not the Jurassic world dude anymore lol.

after tlj i'm also really looking forward to rian's trilogy.

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Oh wow I didn't think it was coming out that soon. For some reason I thought it would be a winter flick.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

I'm actually intrigued to know more about a young lando calrissian. The lack of light sabers did not make this feel like Star Wars however.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Logo for the new series.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

"STAR WARS RESISTANCE, ANIME-INSPIRED SERIES, SET FOR FALL DEBUT
ALL-NEW ANIMATED SERIES WILL FOCUS ON THE ERA BEFORE STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS."

"an exciting new animated adventure series about Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order."

"will feature the beloved droid BB-8 alongside ace pilots, colorful new characters and appearances by fan favorites including Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, voiced by actors Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie, respectively."

giphy.gif

Back