• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Star Wars: The Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite Star Wars Film

• The Phantom Menace

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Attack of the Clones

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • A New Hope

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 46 39.7%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 19 16.4%

• Total voters

MangaCrazy101

The Blonde
Awards
Website
mangacrazy101.blogspot.com
Re: Star Wars: Episode 7

I've only seen Star Wars III and like two others that I don't remember.
Boring, in my opinion. Even if Disney make these movies, I will most certainly NOT be watching.

(P.S. I fell asleep during the first 20 minutes of the Avengers).

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk

There's around a point in the official timeline, 50ish ABY I think, where nothing is told untill the comic series that took place around 147 ABY.

If they make this/these movies take place here inbetween, say 112 ABY?, then maybe they could get interesting?
I'd like to think so at least.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

Boring, in my opinion. Even if Disney make these movies, I will most certainly NOT be watching.

Yeah, most normal people determine a series's worth based on its weakest link. Entirely fair.

Ezekiel

I'm pretty excited for this. I grew up watching the 6 movies.
Hopefully they don't screw this up haha

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I have mixed feelings about that, but they haven’t done badly by Marvel and the Muppets and Pixar. It’s one of those big decisions that at first seems unusual but then the more you look at it, the more it makes sense.

Mark really describes it perfectly. The more time I give it, the more I realize this is probably a really good idea and could turn out fantastically.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

20121031_2936.jpg

Just thought I'd throw this in here.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

I don't expect them to follow any of the novels, and instead just go a good few hundred years or so after Return of the Jedi because it would provide them with ample freedoms and creativity.

In that they'd be allowed to create their own plot, characters, etc, all within the Star Wars Universe as it is; or they could just return to old material and make it better. If you hadn't noticed, I'm more so for the former option, as that keeps them from getting near the prequel movies. :l

Chill

Silver Member
Awards

I don't care about anything negative towards this, I'm still excited as crap for something that isn't coming out in a few years.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards

> Comes into Star Wars thread.

>Calls it boring and shows no interest in it.

>Somehow a completely logical move to them.

Right.

ANYWAY, Prequels weren't that bad, throwing that out there. George Lucas isn't a demon either, people need to stop with the death threats every time he makes a decision for what he created. This being said, I'm too nostalgic to believe Disney can top the actors of the original trilogy. Star Wars was, as Lucas had put it, was always the story of Darth Vader. I know there's more potential and an entirely expanded universe even without him but I'm hoping he'll still have a little input on what they go with plot wise.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

As a Star Wars fan, overall I am more excited about a new Star Wars movie than worried they are going to ruin it for me. Actually I do not think a new Stars Wars movie could ruin how much I loved the past movies at all. Plus I am curious to see what direction they take this.

Ezekiel

As a Star Wars fan, overall I am more excited about a new Star Wars movie than worried they are going to ruin it for me. Actually I do not think a new Stars Wars movie could ruin how much I loved the past movies at all. Plus I am curious to see what direction they take this.

You are a beautiful human being. Just saying.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

Star Wars EPISODE VII?! :D Disney, thank you! With Marvel, Pixar, Lucasarts, and their own animation studio, they are diddlying unstoppable! I am curious as to what direction it'll go. I vote for centuries after RotJ, so they can make it fresh. Though it will be weird, not having anything to do with Darth Vader. :p

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

Seriously, whoever is running the show over at Disney is going to be the wealthiest human being on earth within the next decade.

That's what I'm saying. In between toys and other merchandise from these cavalcade of films they'll be throwing at us soon Disney is going to be pretty fucking loaded.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Luke Skywalker to be Primary Focus of New STAR WARS Trilogy and a Ton More Awesome Info! - News - GeekTyrant

Dunno how true this is, but I think that if it is true, the writer probably got confused a bit with his details.

I'm guessing if this holds any truth, it'll be a blend of the ideas for the 7-9 trilogy and the 10-12 trilogy; remnants of the Empire remaining, with a teenage girl Skywalker as the main protagonist and the original heroes as older side-characters/mentors. I'm guessing Luke will play an Obi-Wan role for his potential daughter/niece.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

Seriously, whoever is running the show over at Disney is going to be the wealthiest human being on earth within the next decade.

They already are. Disney owns SO many things you wouldn't even associate with them, it's crazy. Biggest of the six media conglomerates that control everything.

Back