• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Stardew Valley (For you Harvest Moon fans out there!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antar

Awards
[video=youtube;ot7uXNQskhs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot7uXNQskhs[/video]

So a long while back, I was floating around in the Steam Greenlight section and I discovered a neat game called Secrets of Grindea. And during that time I came upon a game called Stardew Valley. For some reason I completely forgot about it, so now I was surprised to see it pop up on the Steam Front Page. It's practically Harvest Moon but a lot more, and looks very well done. I haven't bought it myself but I am hoping to, and I am pretty sure there are some Harvest Moon fans out here ^.^

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Also for those of you who care, you can be gay in it. Which was always one of my biggest criticisms of Harvest Moon (and Rune Factory).

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I decided to buy it on a whim. Haven't had a chance to play it just yet but I'm really excited to. I've heard almost nothing but good things over the past few days. Just need to be careful not to get totally sucked in since I hear it is quite easy for the game to just eat away the hours lol.

D

Deleted member 36435

i'm sure they will support this game and finish it just like they did with starbound

o
o wait

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I don't know the history of starbound or anything (was it an early access game?), but this game, while published by the same people who published starbound, is made by an entirely different developer and it looks like it is already finished, but that the developer wants to keep adding more to it as well.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I'm 30 hours in and love every minute of it. I only played the original Harvest Moon for the SNES but was bored pretty quick, this game is so much better.

zachen

Awards
Want to pic it up, but they haven't released a Mac variation yet :/

Antar

Awards
Yeah, the game does look better than Harvest Moon itself, actually. I really want to get it but I have such a large backlog to take care of. I guess I'll buy it when I'll be ready to play it, or when there will be a good sale on Steam that I can't pass up on. ;)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I have been playing this pretty much nonstop for the past few days. Very addicting. I just got married.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
So, this game has been a runaway success, selling over a million copies. The whole thing was developed by one guy and he is essentially a multi-millionaire now.

The game has had a few content updates since release, but the developer has outlined the big things he's working on.

Post-Launch Progress Update: Version 1.1 and more! | Stardew Valley

Essentially, a big 1.1 content patch that adds a bunch of new stuff, localizations for different languages, multiplayer co-op, and console ports are all in the works. I'm excited. I've really been enjoying this game.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
[video=youtube;xf9e3c-nMRA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf9e3c-nMRA[/video]

The free content update 1.1 has been released. I got back into the game with this and have already logged and additional 40 some hours into the game D:

Want to pic it up, but they haven't released a Mac variation yet :/
They've added Mac support now :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back