• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

State of the Union Address

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Anyone watch it?

Personally, I found it pretty lackluster. The announcers I was listening to were praising Obama for straying from the conventional "laundry lists" and having a broader speech, but I wanted a laundry list. I wanted to know the statistics of past policies, as well as those for the future. Instead we got general platitudes.

It sounded more like his campaign speech than a State of the Union.
I didn't want vague promises, I wanted specific goals. But whatever.

Still, it was interesting to see the Democrats and Republicans intermingling for once, as opposed to sitting along party lines. On one hand, it made it somewhat less enjoyable to watch (I love when one side of the room stands up and cheers while the other sits and does nothing). But on the other, it definitely gave a friendlier atmosphere.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
I think the purpose of the address this year wasn't the uninspired lists of things they're doing. Everyone is pretty familiar with what is going on at Capitol Hill, I think we needed a little reassurance that they have confidence in what they're doing.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
That video is known for presenting inaccurate information and a misrepresentation of the value of money, not to mention the floundering debt we are in.

Awards
Not to mention that money is technically a form of public property and destroying it is illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back