• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Steam Deck, Valve's Switch (Dec. 2021, $400)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

-Same CPU as PS5/XBS
-$400 for 64GB model
-$520 for a 256GB model with faster storage (think PS5 load times)
-$650 for 512GB for fastest storage & Anti-glare screen

So KH is just a timed exclusive on Epic, right?

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Huh…that thing is pretty weird tbh

Last edited:

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Ergonomic problems aside, the idea of a handheld that just has your entire pre-existing pc library is interesting as hell. Every other handheld so far either has to cut off some backwards compatability at some point or plain isn't. The Steam Deck will inevitably be outdated of course, but all they'd need to do is release an updated model and you're good to go. Plus buying a game once and being to play it on a monitor/tv or by handheld brings back good memories of PS3/Vita crossbuy to me.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Ergonomic problems aside, the idea of a handheld that just has your entire pre-existing pc library is interesting as hell. Every other handheld so far either has to cut off some backwards compatability at some point or plain isn't. The Steam Deck will inevitably be outdated of course, but all they'd need to do is release an updated model and you're good to go. Plus buying a game once and being to play it on a monitor/tv or by handheld brings back good memories of PS3/Vita crossbuy to me.
Let's put it this way: Think of any dream third party game that you want on Switch. Or maybe just an IP you're surprised still isn't on the system in some way even now in its 5th year *coughMaddencough*. Chances are Steam Deck already plays it.

FF1-6 Pixel Remasters
Persona 4 Golden
CoD
GTA
Madden
Fire Pro Wrestling World (Let's just say this is a particular sore point for me)
Star Wars KOTOR
KOTOR 2 with restoration mods
A "proper" FF15
KH series after installing Windows (which Valve said is possible)

Plus halfway decent online, achievements, & emulators (this thing can likely do anything up to PS2/GCN/Wii levels).

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I already feel bad for all the grandmas/grandpas buying this thinking they’re buying a Switch for their grandson/granddaughter

Back