• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Steins;Gate

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Esso

Fire Breaker
stiens-gate.jpg

The story of Steins;Gate takes place in Akihabara* and is about a group of friends who have managed to customize their microwave into a device that can send text messages to the past. As they perform different experiments, an organization named SERN who has been doing their own research on time travel tracks them down and now the characters have to find a way to avoid being captured by them.

Even though at first the plot might get a bit confusing for some and give you headaches with the whole time travel logic, you'll be able to grasp an understanding as you keep on watching. As soon as I did, I was so excited that I was just dying to see what'll happen next. Besides this, the characters (especially Faeris Nyan-nyan) have been pretty enjoyable to watch due to some of their unique, if not a bit awkward, personality traits. If you're looking for a sci fi show involving conspiracy, twists, time-travel, and a plot get you scratching your head trying put everything together, then I'd totally recommend this.

^This is the OP for the Visual Novel btw.(might have possible spoilers though)

*- That's where the events of Chaos;Head took place about a year ago. And just a heads up, you don't need to watch that first to have to understand Steins;Gate. The characters are completely different, unrelated to the cast of Chaos;Head, and the plot elements are too as far as I know.

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
This is probably my favorite anime this season. I was absolutely hooked from the first episode and only got excited more as the anime progressed. Definitely worth my watch and I'll keep following it x3.

It's quite interesting that you mentioned that this anime had a precedent, I will make sure to check it out if it's on the same level of quality as this one :3.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I've considered actually dropping this.

Got half way through the first episode and just became really bored, not sure if it was just my mood at the time but I haven't been able to watch it as easily as the rest of this season's stuff.

Might give it another try at some point.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I've been really liking it so far, probably because the whole time travel bit really interests me, and I have a bizarre tolerance for slow-paced shows. And Okarin's ranting is always entertaining.

Ace.

Banned
I love the atmosphere of this show. Okarin is kinda hilarious, too.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
a bizarre tolerance for slow-paced shows.

Well slow paced shows don't tend to annoy me, I mean I loved House of Five Leaves which was very slow.

But then again, that had a certain style and soundtrack that kept me watching. Nothing seemed that awesome about Stein's style.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Yeah, House of Five Leaves was slow, but it had everything else backing it up too.

That said, I still find the setting and the concept intriguing enough to continue watching it.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
The concept seemed really interesting to me at first, microwave time machine? awesome was my first reaction to the series when it was on the v1 spring chart.

I was probably not in the right mood to be watching probably, I had just finished watching a lot of comedy stuff and was in the mood for a quicker pace, think its still on my computer.

Esso

Fire Breaker
Just watched episode 4.

Well, a decent episode, but nothing plot-moving except Okarin got the IBN 5100 he wanted. Though what really made it so enjoyable for me was Okarin's usual ranting, and Faeris Nyan-nyan... especially. Besides that, Christina- I mean Matsuri's brief conversation with some unnamed, possible acquaintance caught my eye. I'm expecting some good stuff for next week's episode concerning SERN.

Last edited:

Lumine

Awards
Episode 5 is out!

And I luved it, simply wonderful :3. So SERN was actually conducting Time Travel experiments and they involved humans in their lab rats. When I heard Human was dead, mismatch, I thought they were talking about a single incident and what came to my mind was the perplexing murder of Christina x3 in episode 1, but several ones?! That was both shocking and immensely interesting :D!

I Can't wait for the next episode <3

Lumine

Awards
Double Post >.<

Just Finished watching episode 7 and OMG! That was gooood. This one contained loads of excitement to me 83, and the show is getting even more bizarre and mysterious as it progresses and I'm lovin' it XD.And I like Christina's new nickname =P, Celeb-7 kukuku x3

Esso

Fire Breaker
Haven't watched episode 7 yet but I thoroughly enjoyed 5 & 6. I admit even I was getting some goosebumps after finding out the results of SERN's human-tested space time experiments and the BGM did a great job at helping. That and Okabe's dream sequence was just fascinating. Did anyone else think Okabe looked pretty awesome by the end of ep 5?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Finally decided to not be lazy and watch episode seven.

Excellent episode. This is quickly turning into one of the best shows of the season. The atmosphere, the suspense, the characters, the plot, everything is in place and I can't wait to see what happens next.

EDIT: Watched episode 8.

Honestly, this series has the strongest atmosphere of the season. Everything done when time is affected caries such a strong sense of impact and importance. I love it.

Last edited:

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
New episode was great, resulting in the biggest change yet and really brought home the impact that all of this is having on the world (aided by the excellently timed ending theme).

That being said, I found one key problem with this episode: How can D-Mails still work from such a distance away? That would mean that every time they sent a D-Mail previously, all messages sent by anyone else at the time of the experiments would have had them go to the past. That seems like it would screw things up a lot more than what we've been seeing thus far. I'm hoping that I'm missing something that explains this, because it seems like a pretty big oversight.

Oh well, it's got its killer atmosphere.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Mind has been blown.

About your dmail question, this episode raised questions whether or not the microwave is even responsible for the dmails. Due to Okabe's "special power", Im gonna go ahead and bet that it's probably him, his presence, that's causing it. Not the microwave.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
And so it begins.

Seriously, if you haven't been watching this show, now is the time to get into it.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Now, this show hasn't proven this yet, but the way this episode introduced the 2nd act is making me think it's going to do something similar to what Shiki did. Slow build up, then woosh.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Now, this show hasn't proven this yet, but the way this episode introduced the 2nd act is making me think it's going to do something similar to what Shiki did. Slow build up, then woosh.

ohohohoho. Now watch them words careful boy. You gotta be careful when you compare any series to what Shiki became.

That series is a god damn master stroke.

But I did have my reservations about that back when it started, so I'll have to see :p

Back