• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Stereotype

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schweppes

In that little space inside my head where anime ch
Why do people have to stereotype so much? Whatever someone tells you about a certain aspect in a person, you'll believe it and judge anyone else with that aspect the same way, usually about the way they look, or their sexuality.

The Merits of Stereotypes By: Dr. Sam Vaknin said:
"Social Identity Theory" tells us that stereotypical prejudice is a form of compensatory narcissism. The acts of berating, demeaning, denigrating, and debasing others serve to enhance the perpetrators' self-esteem and regulate their labile sense of self-worth. It is vicarious "pride by proxy" - belonging to an "elite" group bestows superiority on all its members. Not surprisingly, education has some positive influence on racist attitudes and political ideology.

So it's there so people can feel better about themselves while making the other feel like crap.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Oh please, don't act so self-righteous. Despite what people says everyone stereotypes. Whether you verbally express it or not is a different story. When one first meets a person, the first thoughts are usually about their skin color, clothes, looks.. it's all based upon physical appearance. You automatically have a a judgement on them without meeting them. No matter how much you deny it, you know it's true. Half the time it's exaggarations, anyways. "Everyone sucks" being a popular phrase, of course the speaker does not actually think that everyone in this entire world sucks.

I love how people try to act super politically correct, now-a-days.

Super Sonic

Bronze Member
If you don't want to confrom to stereotypes,become a vegan nudist. o_0

Schweppes

In that little space inside my head where anime ch
baka ushi said:
Oh please, don't act so self-righteous. Despite what people says everyone stereotypes. Whether you verbally express it or not is a different story. When one first meets a person, the first thoughts are usually about their skin color, clothes, looks.. it's all based upon physical appearance. You automatically have a a judgement on them without meeting them. No matter how much you deny it, you know it's true. Half the time it's exaggarations, anyways. "Everyone sucks" being a popular phrase, of course the speaker does not actually think that everyone in this entire world sucks.

I stereotype, it's just that stuff like emo's gettin really annoying. But people do it too much...... and other people take stuff too seriously.

I wanted to see what kinds of flames this would get. I'm so bored. >.< Whee!

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
baka ushi said:

That's because people are being taught today that Free Speech should only be if everyone agrees with it. This is what you get when you a have legal system full of people waiting to exploit it at every turn.

billabong

ain't yo granny's
Website
facebook.com
Bah. Stereotypes make life easier. It saves you the time that would be spent trying to figure out what someone would be like, because if you stereotype them, you've got a good idea anyways. And, of course it's just fun to generalize to piss people off.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Stereotypes make communication easier. Our communicative ability would take a serious hit should the ability to stereotype be removed. Stereotyping is vital to the human race.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
It also relates to how the brain works. It saves us time by lumping similar situations to make a stereotype so we don't have something to go by the next time we encounter it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back