• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Steve Burton Hints At Recording for KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Maybe he is like xehanort and needed a new body to house his heart?

lol nah. likely sephiroth just murdered him for fun, to get cloud's attention. zack could easily be hades' pawn in III, or maybe he can be saved from the underworld in a sideplot. who knows.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just want Zack alive and like...not dead. Can I get that, guys? Can I get Aerith and Zack meeting for the first time in Radiant Garden because she was in the newly renovated chapel tending to some flowers and he falls through the stained glass and they are in love and whatever and THEN have Sephiroth diddly everything up. Please?

;~;

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Square, is it so much to ask for an update? I know you like to play jokes on us like you did FF7, but come on. If you put these guys up to this just to screw us, it's not very nice. Please, please, please, just give us an update, or ask the voice actors to rebuke what they have said. I would LOVE a percentage, but we all know you won't.

I could see it now. Square announces a new Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer, turns out its a trailer ahowcasing all three collections bundled in one.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I just want Zack alive and like...not dead. Can I get that, guys? Can I get Aerith and Zack meeting for the first time in Radiant Garden because she was in the newly renovated chapel tending to some flowers and he falls through the stained glass and they are in love and whatever and THEN have Sephiroth diddly everything up. Please?

;~;

well think of it like this; there is a sidequestline to save zack from the underworld. if you complete it, phil remarks that he's a "first class hero", and a scene like you described is added to the credits.

zack goes to hollow bastion, turned into a garden/chapel to train with cloud on the roof. he falls through and lands on the flowerbed for them to meet. cloud smiles, a white feather appears and cloud is gone in the next frame.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Hmm... I don't want to buy into any of this, because I know I'm just going to be disappointed in the end, but...

I almost want to believe it all now. Especially with three voice actors having spoken similarly.

Maybe they are doing cutscenes and voice acting now.

I know that's usually not the way it's done at all. I mean, without a finalized script, they might end up having the VAs record things that end up being cut in the end, and waste money and resources that way.

But this is KHIII: the biggest game the series has done to date. Perhaps they are trying to get the scenes/voice acting worked on early, so that it can be the best it can be (I mean, most people are invested in this in finally getting a satisfying end to the Xehanort Saga, I assume).

People DID point out that it looks like the E3 trailer used different lip-sync for the Japanese and English versions, so maybe they're making two versions of all the scenes, and SE Japan could be giving them to SENA to work on? It makes even more sense, if they're perhaps going for a worldwide release date.

And with so many of our VAs sadly dying recently, maybe they really are trying to get on things.

I also remember a LONG time ago, before KHIII was even officially announced, Nomura said he knew basically everything he wanted to happen in the game story-wise, so maybe the story staging is more complete than we think.

But on the flipside of that, they were only finalizing worlds recently, and Nomura was still trying to decide on the secret ending, and ending in general.

This is all so confusing!0_o

Maybe they have some cutscenes completely finalized (for both languages), and not others, and are just having people voice those as they go along?

(And though I could possibly believe that Jim Cummings has completely done all of his work now--at least for Winnie the Pooh--and that Steve Burton could be doing all of his work for Cloud when he eventually goes in, I completely doubt that Bill Farmer's done with all his work for Goofy yet. If anything, maybe he's done voicing some of the English trailers.)

Edit: Yes, Master Spocknort. We so need some sort of Zerith scene in KHIII:) -still emotionally distraught that Zack was so close to Midgar and the church when he died, but alas-

Last edited:

redcrown

Awards
Every time I hear VA news I get more worried. If its real then I hope this is for promo work cause KH3 doesn't look ready.

This. I'm actually hoping KH3 is another 2 years off at least, just for the sake of it not being a rushed game. I would think at this point they would still be developing the story or script and world building. Its seems way to soon to start having VA's working on lines.
Though anyone feel free to correct me if I'm completely wrong.

DoctahFaz

Awards
I'm inclined to believe that if all these actors have been correct, then maybe an English trailer can be expected at E3. As far as all voice acting being done, I'd most likely believe Jim Cummings as I imagine, in theory, they could have gone ahead and recorded all the 100 Acre Wood dialogue now if they wanted to since that world is kind of a side quest and not as relevant to the main plot/affected by future main plot changes, but even if true, the sequence of all this is definitely strange.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
This. I'm actually hoping KH3 is another 2 years off at least, just for the sake of it not being a rushed game. I would think at this point they would still be developing the story or script and world building. Its seems way to soon to start having VA's working on lines.
Though anyone feel free to correct me if I'm completely wrong.
I think KH3's been in development for longer than II and DDD so far, so I think we're okay at the moment.

Awards
giphy.gif

Keep the :) rollin'

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I think KH3's been in development for longer than II and DDD so far, so I think we're okay at the moment.

If you look past all the flashy stuff they showed you can see that the game is not ready. Look at the latest trailer, pay attention to Goofy's walk cycle and you'll see that he's hovering.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
If you look past all the flashy stuff they showed you can see that the game is not ready. Look at the latest trailer, pay attention to Goofy's walk cycle and you'll see that he's hovering.
I didn't say "ready." I just don't think the game's in danger of being rushed.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I agree. The game does need some more time, that is clear, but I don't think a release next year would mean it's being rushed. Maybe there is this worry that KH3 will not meet personal expectations and the only thing someone could believe to be the solution to this is to keep it in development?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I'm only worrying because of what I've seen. If they show more grounded and organized gameplay then I won't worry about the game releasing anytime soon.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Please keep in mind that what they show is often from builds earlier in the year months before events happen so what we see as incomplete in one build may be completed in another. We have yet to see the game as it is in its most current form.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I am still of the believe everything shown at D23/Jump Festa was cut from E3, but with some updated HUD elements, so I'm excited for anything shown at E3.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
These recent VA news could just be recording for specific cutscenes to be aired on a e3 trailer.

...or the game really is in an advanced stage of development and the early builds we've seen have been purposedly presented that way to make us think the game isn't anywhere near finished. I mean, the recent "trolling" Square Enix did was hype the release of a HD version of PSX FF7. Months later, we get THE remake of FF7. Maybe SE feels ready to go guns blazing with KH3?

Iunno what to think. xD I'll be conservative here and just let e3 surprise me.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Well, who knows. Maybe we'll get a story trailer at E3.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
And now Steve (though it does look like he's playing it safe by saying "something".)

I am a firm believer that KHIII has been in development longer than Square Enix leads us to believe, however as voice work is often the last thing done I have a hard time believing the game is that far in development.
Unless this time around they're doing voice work right along. While we don't know how involved Disney is this time around, Disney does know KHIII is a big deal and may have decided "hey let's do the voice work our way this time" which I feel should happen anyway. Matching animation to voice would make the scenes feel more natural than matching voice to animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back