• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Steve Burton Hints At Recording for KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

notnow123487

Awards
I am still of the believe everything shown at D23/Jump Festa was cut from E3, but with some updated HUD elements, so I'm excited for anything shown at E3.

And if it was cut from the stuff that was shown at e3, it means they cut it a few months before e3 so whatever we get at e3 this year will have at least 12 more months of development since what we last saw.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I agree. The game does need some more time, that is clear, but I don't think a release next year would mean it's being rushed. Maybe there is this worry that KH3 will not meet personal expectations and the only thing someone could believe to be the solution to this is to keep it in development?

^This so much.

I feel like everyone's acting like they're releasing the game in a couple of months with how much all ya'll are going "they're rushing it, the game is gonna suck, aaaaarg!"

I really wouldn't worry about it at all. Yes, it looks unfinished, but to be honest, I'm surprised you guys expected a trailer this early on to look like the finished product of the game. If you look at any of the earlier trailers for KH1, KH2, and BBS, the footage you see from the early trailers down to the finished game has been very different.

While I wouldn't encourage overhyping the game and making expectations that would just be flat-out impossible to reach (which, let's be honest, that already happened before KH3 was even announced back at E3 2013), I don't think lowering expectations as far as to say that it's gonna be a terrible game is exactly a good way to look at it.

The way that I see it, KH3 will more than likely be a good game. Will it be the best? I dunno. It might be or it might not be. Am I gonna hate it if it isn't the best? No.

I dunno, I just think it's really too early to start judging the game as it is. I almost find judging games based on the alpha stage to be completely pointless because more than likely, the developers have already been working on those issues before the trailer was even released.

kingofthekey

Awards
:confused: waitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaiting.....
Here I am almost quite well about 10 years STILL waiting on this game...
alas....that's just how dedication is I suppose.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
glare.gif

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Don't worry, we will spend the same amount of time as Aqua did in the Realm of Darkness.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

lmao why you anticipating a game 7 years before it's announcement.

Nicki6082

It is strange how all these voice actors are hinting at that they have or will be doing work for KH III. I agree with what some others have already said, I think they are more than likely taking a different approach to when the voice acting is taking place in the development of the game. Due to Disney's greater involvement in this game and also the VAs who have already died it would make sense that they are doing the voice acting earlier than normal. I do think however that Steve is probably doing FF work and not KH but maybe I'm wrong...right now I'm just hopeful for anything :smile:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
lmao why you anticipating a game 7 years before it's announcement.

That's literally one of the things I will never get, especially when it was officially stated that there won't be a "KH III" for quite a while more than once.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
It is strange how all these voice actors are hinting at that they have or will be doing work for KH III. I agree with what some others have already said, I think they are more than likely taking a different approach to when the voice acting is taking place in the development of the game. Due to Disney's greater involvement in this game and also the VAs who have already died it would make sense that they are doing the voice acting earlier than normal. I do think however that Steve is probably doing FF work and not KH but maybe I'm wrong...right now I'm just hopeful for anything :smile:

Maybe they are doing the Voice Acting work earlier because they are trying to lipsync the scenes with what they are saying? After all, there won't be any more fish face in this game, and these games are known to have quite a lot of cutscenes. This one might even have more than the ones before simply because of all the loose ends to tie up.

Heck, they might not even have as many Text Bubble scenes in KH3 either, meaning even more necessary voice work.

Not going to get my hopes up, but also not completely disregarding the possibility either.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe they are doing the Voice Acting work earlier because they are trying to lipsync the scenes with what they are saying? After all, there won't be any more fish face in this game, and these games are known to have quite a lot of cutscenes. This one might even have more than the ones before simply because of all the loose ends to tie up.

Heck, they might not even have as many Text Bubble scenes in KH3 either, meaning even more necessary voice work.

Not going to get my hopes up, but also not completely disregarding the possibility either.

Please let this be so. I want everything voiced fully and lipsynced.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
With KH3, the chances are more likely it /wont/ be fully voiced because of how big it is, how resource heavy it is to animate everything, etc. This is why most AAA games have very short storylines

The reason they do voice recording last is because it is incredibly expensive, and incredibly difficult to manage based on people's schedules and union regulations and the like. So they leave it last when they have a near definite script finished so they dont have to rerecord anything. The only reason they recorded the Xehraqus conversation was because they planned on using it extensively in the marketing of KH3 (it's also why it's the only voiced cutscene shown so far for KH3).

Doing it early wouldn't really be beneficial if things need to be rewritten or changed around. And it also wouldn't even be that helpful for animation reasons because they have the animators animate the cutscenes prior to recording with either a computer voice or staff members doing the audio so they can get the animation near perfect ahead of recording and then it just requires tweaking once the recordings are in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back