• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Steve Burton Hints At Recording for KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It is unknown just how far into production Kingdom Hearts 3 is. Many can guess it is further than we think while others believe it still has a long way to go. One of the past indicators for judging when a game was nearing the end of it's development was when voice actor leaks would occur. Most of these leaks were straight from the mouth of the Roxas / Ventus voice actor Jesse McCartney, however lately it has been the Disney side of Kingdom Hearts that have hinted that recording for the game has been an ongoing process for quite a while now.

While Bill Farmer (Goofy) and Jim Cummings (Pete, Winnie the Pooh, and Tigger too) say they've previously done work for Kingdom Hearts 3, it seems Steve Burton, the voice of Final Fantasy VII's Cloud, asserts that he will be doing some work on Kingdom Hearts 3 in the coming weeks.

While it was likely to believe that Bill and Jim's work were for previous games, despite Jim specifically calling out Winnie the Pooh, it's interesting to note that Steve's response is directly to being asked about Kingdom Hearts 3 and saying that it is about to happen.

Of course there is the ever-more likely chance for Steve going in to record lines for Final Fantasy VII Remake instead, where it should have a trailer at E3 in June this year.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Another one? I'm starting to wonder if this is just a coincidence or not. Is this for real? Or are the voiceactors in on a conspiracy to lead the KH fandom on a wild goose chase?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I just...

I just want a word from Square.
I just want Square to tell us, 100%, for sure, no bullshit, what these guys are talking about.

'Cause there's no way KHIII is that close, but also these are people who would actually be working on the game.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It sure is nice to be increasingly swallowed by the pool of confusion and uncertainty all the Kingdom Hearts games seem to bring.

I'm leaning towards Steve going in for some Final Fantasy VII Remake (and expecting part one's release date to drop as well so work on that will continue for him) but he did respond to "Kingdom Hearts 3" specifically.

Nevertheless;
e64st.gif

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
This is unprecedented, but there's NO WAY KHIII is ready for localization. The only thing I can think of is 1: they're doing promo voicework, since we know that they've done that for KHIII anyway with the Xehanort and Eraqus dialogue.

or, perhaps, they've taken a different approach altogether with voice acting this time and they're doing to do it simultaneously as they go. The series is in desperate need of switching up the way they do the voice acting.

reimeille

Another one? I'm starting to wonder if this is just a coincidence or not. Is this for real? Or are the voiceactors in on a conspiracy to lead the KH fandom on a wild goose chase?

Now I'm picturing Steve Burton, Jim Cummings, and Bill Farmer all in a meeting giggling to each other while coming up with ways to confuse us, lol.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
To me it looks more like Burton is being cheeky, giving an answer without really giving a definite one and thus breaking any possible non-disclosure contracts.

He says he'll be doing "something" in a few weeks, that's neither a yes nor a no to the specific question if it is about KH III.

People really tend to read too much into it and get overhyped as from what we have seen so far of KH III and the statements in the latest Nomura interviews KH III is nowhere far enough to have already voice acting done.
To ascertain more, people should maybe look into what the japanese voice actors are doing since there's no way they would do only English audio.

I'm also a bit at a loss as to why fans keep asking such questions and by doing it possibly get the voice actors in trouble.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd take it with a grain of salt, but if its true, then I couldn't be happier.

Cloud's return would surely bring back the Cloud/ Sephiroth subplot

Muke

whatever
Awards
Yeah, no, I don't even know what to think anymore!

With 3 actors saying they have or will record for Kingdom Hearts 3, I think they are really farther in development than we think.
Who knows? Maybe Square and Nomura want to surprise us? I have no clue, really.

k99y77

Awards
Hopefully it was KH3... we have to fight Sephiroth one last time, it makes sense we fought him in the previous numbered games (just imagine fighting/dodging Sephiroth with flowmotion)

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Whenever I read news like this I'm like: well, duh!
Why is it such a surprise that Goofy and Cloud will be in KHIII? And why are people surprised about that?

Did anyone here actually play KH games?
We're surprised because voice acting is typically done at the end of development.
Which would mean that the game is almost done.

Especially for English VAs to say this.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
My first thought is "He's probably talking about FF7 Remake" but that game has been in development for an even shorter time, so it's actually more believable that he's talking about KH3. I doubt Cloud will have any presence in Chi Back Cover or 0.2 BBS, so it's either KH3 or FF7 Remake. And unless it's for another FF7 Remake trailer (very possible, since E3 is coming) I can believe it.

Hiro120_X

I'm hoping that they're literally just teasing us, so they can hit us with an actual, serious surprise either this month or at E3. I love the news, but I'm not hopping too much on it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm pretty certain it is either FF7 or World of Final Fantasy related 8D. (Or Dissidia. Man, we are supposed to get news on a PS4 version of the arcade game at the end of the year...)

(But I can dream for it to be KH3)

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
lol, do we even need Cloud in KH3? The guy is getting a whole game now, it's too much Cloud! Get him outta here! Throw him in the garbage! I'm glad his appearance in KH2 warranted him finally getting his own game on PS4, though.

Alpha Sonix

Yeah, don't know too much about the VO scene but I'm pretty sure some VAs aren't even told about what they'll be doing before they record the voices, they're just asked to come down to the studio to do it. I would say a trailer for FF7 Remake or World of Final Fantasy is on the money, but if it's a KH3 trailer, then even better.

Awards
lol, do we even need Cloud in KH3? The guy is getting a whole game now, it's too much Cloud! Get him outta here! Throw him in the garbage! I'm glad his appearance in KH2 warranted him finally getting his own game on PS4, though.
You can never have enough Cloud.

Rosebudx

Awards

No such thing as too much Steve Burton. I don't get to see him on General Hospital anymore, let me have him in my Kingdom Hearts!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No such thing as too much Steve Burton. I don't get to see him on General Hospital anymore, let me have him in my Kingdom Hearts!

This! He was my main reason for watching General Hospital so all I can get of Steve is the random Cloud performance here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back