• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Steven Universe

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
That episode was amazing! I've been following since it first aired and I never thought it'd get this far. I hate how they passively ignored PD=RQ theories in such a dismissive way that it changed peoples minds about it because I'm sure those people were pissed that it ended up being right. I'm excited to see what Steven's way of thinking will do to YD and BD since he's at least gotten them to realize that the whole rebellion was a lie. I'm about 99% sure this is going to lead to White Diamond and Steven joining in another song that uncorrupts the gems and maybe even Jasper getting a real redemption.

Also, I laughed so hard at Greg breaking the 4th wall. We know he's aware of the power of his murdercock and he was ready two destroy two more Diamonds with it.

Pokie

I stopped watching this ages ago because the fandom was frustrating to deal with, but the new episode was a-maze-ing.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I stopped watching this ages ago because the fandom was frustrating to deal with, but the new episode was a-maze-ing.

I guess i should have seen it coming though, violence is never the real answer

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
what evebody though on the white diamond reveal?

She's got a lot of potential. She may be using a lot of power in the moment but you could definitely tell that she's owning her position between her several million years of life compared to PD's 6000 years. I can't wait to see more of what she's got in store.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
My biggest issue with the show is that in their several thouaands of years, the gems have done the most growing and self actualizing in the last two years. That is a point of the show that is very hard to believe.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
My biggest issue with the show is that in their several thouaands of years, the gems have done the most growing and self actualizing in the last two years. That is a point of the show that is very hard to believe.

Disagree. The gems aren't human. They're thousands of years old, and don't have the perspective that humans do of change, growth, and finite lifetimes. Not until Steven.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Disagree. The gems aren't human. They're thousands of years old, and don't have the perspective that humans do of change, growth, and finite lifetimes. Not until Steven.

Sorry for the late reply, I'm just trying to emulate the show's schedule with my posts.

What mostly bothers me is the gem's behavior in relation to time. Having them exist for thousands of years has always seemed a bit extreme when there are large blank periods where wars weren't happening and homeworld wasn't aware of the CGs. Before Steven was even a thought, Rose, Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst did in fact change fundamental things about themselves, but in other areas it seems like they've chosen to remain ignorant or unwise.

I know it's a kids show, but I think the weirdness with time would be alleviated to a decent degree if they knocked a few thousand years off of the gems' ages.

SoulXaldin

Awards
Oh wow. So uh did Steven Universe just end? Cause tonight's special felt like the series finale

Nah. There’s still a movie coming out in the fall. I doubt the creators would want to end the series on such a rushed and somewhat incomplete note.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
This crap was nuts, season 5 in general was nuts. I didn't realize just how many crazy reveals were in this one season till my friend only was able to watch till season 4 on Hulu and she told me where that left off. Like right when Steven and Lars leave with Topaz.

So in a way, this did wrap up a lot of stuff just introduced this season. Its just this season took like over a year to air lol. Or it feels like it at least.

Oh wow. So uh did Steven Universe just end? Cause tonight's special felt like the series finale

It definitely felt like it in a way but I can think of some things we still don't know about, and also ways they could continue. I guess we definitely know there is a TV movie coming and there is some red-heart gem as the implied villain. I think there are pictures of voice actors recording for season 6 at least too, from what I understand?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I loved it. It’s just a shame the show has so little time, they had to move so fast. I would’ve liked more time with White Diamond. The ‘movie’ was great all-around though.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I did like the black five gem fusion we got. Though Sunstone and Rainbow Quartz 2.0 felt kind of rushed and unecessary.

This crap was nuts, season 5 in general was nuts. I didn't realize just how many crazy reveals were in this one season till my friend only was able to watch till season 4 on Hulu and she told me where that left off. Like right when Steven and Lars leave with Topaz.

So in a way, this did wrap up a lot of stuff just introduced this season. Its just this season took like over a year to air lol. Or it feels like it at least.

It definitely felt like it in a way but I can think of some things we still don't know about, and also ways they could continue. I guess we definitely know there is a TV movie coming and there is some red-heart gem as the implied villain. I think there are pictures of voice actors recording for season 6 at least too, from what I understand?

Oh right I forgot about the upcoming film. Hopefully that introduces new storylines and plots for season 6.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I did like the black five gem fusion we got. Though Sunstone and Rainbow Quartz 2.0 felt kind of rushed and unecessary.

Oh right I forgot about the upcoming film. Hopefully that introduces new storylines and plots for season 6.

I'm hoping both get more screen time in some future episode. Though, while I loved her, Sunstone seems a little like a joke character lol. So I dunno if they will give her a full episode.

I had fun with both, I think they both had really good designs and fun personality and voices for what little we say. Obviously Obsidian was just...amazing. We had been waiting for that for a long time and it didn't really disappoint. Just as everyone else has said, it had to go fast. So that's a little unfortunate.

PrincessV

Aaaaand it's over. The main plot is finally over, despite the claims the show would be continued for three more seasons. But I guess they will just show us the life of Beach City citizens.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I've been keeping up with it. Is this "the end" or just the end of this current season of Future?

Back