• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

storyline of days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silfarion

ok, although i am one of the people that finished days (yes i did), i didn't understand a SINGLE BIT OF THE STORYLINE cuz i can't read japanese. so can anyone just tell me brief storyline from the first till the end?

krexia

Translator
Awards
Brief summary:

Roxas begins life in the Organisation simply carrying out missions, dutifully destroying Heartless with his Keyblade so that their freed hearts can gather to form Kingdom Hearts. Meanwhile he becomes close friends firstly with Axel, and shortly afterwards with Xion, who also wields a Keyblade. He spends time with his friends atop the Twilight Town clock tower, eating ice-creams and looking out over the setting sun, etc, etc.

As the game goes on Roxas' power begins to weaken, and Xion's strength surpasses his. It is revealed that Xion is not a real Nobody at all, but a Replica Doll created to reflect and mimic Roxas' power. The Organisation has created her as a failsafe, in case Roxas proves too difficult to control, and intends to keep only the stronger after pitting the two against each other in a battle to the death. However, since Roxas is still connected to Sora, Sora's memories leak out through Roxas and manifest in Xion as an embodiment of his strongest memory, Kairi.

When Xion finds all this out, she talks to Axel, who tells her that thanks to Sora's memories she's not just a doll and has to decide what to do on her own. Xion escapes the Organisation and encounters Riku, who explains that while she lives Sora's memories can never recover. But Riku doesn't force her to sacrifice herself, he just helps her to keep out of the Organisation's clutches. Eventually Axel is ordered to bring Xion back, and he does.

Xion realises that she and Roxas will never be able to exist simultaneously. Xion accepts her fate - to return to Sora - and after being defeated by Roxas in a final battle, is absorbed by him. All memories of Xion eventually fade from everyone who has ever known her.

Roxas, knowing that he and Xion had shared a connection to Sora and determined to elucidate its nature, confronts Axel. When Axel refuses to reveal the truth to him, Roxas abandons the Organisation, but soon afterwards is captured by Riku in order to hide Roxas from the Organisation and restore Sora's memories.

Silfarion

Brief summary:

Roxas begins life in the Organisation simply carrying out missions, dutifully destroying Heartless with his Keyblade so that their freed hearts can gather to form Kingdom Hearts. Meanwhile he becomes close friends firstly with Axel, and shortly afterwards with Xion, who also wields a Keyblade. He spends time with his friends atop the Twilight Town clock tower, eating ice-creams and looking out over the setting sun, etc, etc.

As the game goes on Roxas' power begins to weaken, and Xion's strength surpasses his. It is revealed that Xion is not a real Nobody at all, but a Replica Doll created to reflect and mimic Roxas' power. The Organisation has created her as a failsafe, in case Roxas proves too difficult to control, and intends to keep only the stronger after pitting the two against each other in a battle to the death. However, since Roxas is still connected to Sora, Sora's memories leak out through Roxas and manifest in Xion as an embodiment of his strongest memory, Kairi.

When Xion finds all this out, she talks to Axel, who tells her that thanks to Sora's memories she's not just a doll and has to decide what to do on her own. Xion escapes the Organisation and encounters Riku, who explains that while she lives Sora's memories can never recover. But Riku doesn't force her to sacrifice herself, he just helps her to keep out of the Organisation's clutches. Eventually Axel is ordered to bring Xion back, and he does.

Xion realises that she and Roxas will never be able to exist simultaneously. Xion accepts her fate - to return to Sora - and after being defeated by Roxas in a final battle, is absorbed by him. All memories of Xion eventually fade from everyone who has ever known her.

Roxas, knowing that he and Xion had shared a connection to Sora and determined to elucidate its nature, confronts Axel. When Axel refuses to reveal the truth to him, Roxas abandons the Organisation, but soon afterwards is captured by Riku in order to hide Roxas from the Organisation and restore Sora's memories.

thank you! i really wanted to know what was going on :36:

Athaydea

Bronze Member
Brief summary:

very very nice ..ive been looking to hear something just like this for a while ..thank you - much appreciated

Grey

Brief summary:

Thank you very much! It's nice to know what Days is about now. :)

However, I have a question about this bit:

However, since Roxas is still connected to Sora, Sora's memories leak out through Roxas and manifest in Xion as an embodiment of his strongest memory, Kairi.

So, is this saying that Roxas's memories leaked out, Xion gained them, and Xion became Kairi for a short time? I'm confused. o_O

Also, would this explain the very strange scene with Roxas/Riku/Sora/Xion experiencing Riku's encounter with Zexion in Castle Oblivion (Destiny Island floor)?

Athaydea

Bronze Member
So, is this saying that Roxas's memories leaked out, Xion gained them, and Xion became Kairi for a short time? I'm confused. o_O

no ..xion was simply a puppet ..when roxas's memoried leaked into her ..its what gave her an appearence simlar to kairi's ..because sora's strongest and most powerful memories were of kairi ..

also ..is this the reason why roxas had almost no memories? ..because they had leaked from him and went to xion?? ..

Also, would this explain the very strange scene with Roxas/Riku/Sora/Xion experiencing Riku's encounter with Zexion in Castle Oblivion (Destiny Island floor)?

lol what exactly does this mean? (i'm assuming this is probably a cutscene from the game?)

Beastly

Well Hello Beautiful
Thanks for the summary, i havent played days yet, but now i know its gonna be exciting when the U.S. version comes out.

Silfarion

maybe. but i don't think it can explain a lot of it, since it is not easy to find connections with old riku and xion.

krexia

Translator
Awards
Xion looks like Kairi, this is why. Towards the end, when she's absorbed massive amounts of Sora's memories, she actually takes Sora's physical form.

Yeah, there was some sort of weird memory-sharing side effect thing going on there.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
Xion looks like Kairi, this is why. Towards the end, when she's absorbed massive amounts of Sora's memories, she actually takes Sora's physical form.

how exactly does she get more and more of sora's memories and why does this effect her appearence like that? im trying to understand why roxas's gets weaker as she gets stronger too ..is this why? ..

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
how exactly does she get more and more of sora's memories and why does this effect her appearence like that? im trying to understand why roxas's gets weaker as she gets stronger too ..is this why? ..

Xion is basically composed of memories of Sora that were sampled when Xemnas passed through Sora himself in KH1: FM. An incomplete Sora clone/replica (meaning, I'm guessing, that the memories were in themselves incomplete when she first appeared). A blank doll without a gender that can take whichever form is befitting depending on the memory. Kairi, being the strongest memory of Sora, stood out among the rest, and had Xion take her appearance. And it was the default once Sora began his Castle Oblivion journey considering it still remained the strongest while the rest faded (always a SoKai insert, isn't there? =P). However, once Sora's memories were filling in and leaking to her more and more through Roxas while Sora went to the process of recovery, I believe, she wasn't "incomplete" anymore, and started to take the appearance that was meant for her in the first place: Sora.

That's what I got from it, I don't know. I'm not entirely sure on every aspect, yet, that's the gist of it.

As for why Roxas gets weaker and Xion gets stronger, krexia explained it. A doll to reflect and mimic Roxas' power. To the point where it became literal, and his power was being absorbed by her bit by bit.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
Xion is basically composed of memories of Sora that were sampled when Xemnas passed through Sora himself in KH1: FM. An incomplete Sora clone/replica (meaning, I'm guessing, that the memories were in themselves incomplete when she first appeared). A blank doll without a gender that can take whichever form is befitting depending on the memory. Kairi, being the strongest memory of Sora, stood out among the rest, and had Xion take her appearance. And it was the default once Sora began his Castle Oblivion journey considering it still remained the strongest while the rest faded (always a SoKai insert, isn't there? =P). However, once Sora's memories were filling in and leaking to her more and more through Roxas while Sora went to the process of recovery, I believe, she wasn't "incomplete" anymore, and started to take the appearance that was meant for her in the first place: Sora.

That's what I got from it, I don't know. I'm not entirely sure on every aspect, yet, that's the gist of it.

As for why Roxas gets weaker and Xion gets stronger, krexia explained it. A doll to reflect and mimic Roxas' power. To the point where it became literal, and his power was being absorbed by her bit by bit.

that helps ..thank you

Silfarion

by the way, is roxas using 2 keyblades has something to do with xion's death? because i thought that xion gave her keyblade to roxas.

xxjunkyxx

2 questions.

How was axel able to see xion's face the way roxas did, since you guys are saying Roxas was able to see Xion face because of sora's leaked memories?

And a toughy one that possibly nobody can't explain...

Xigbar(Braig) seeing xion take the form of Ven(BBS)...(Not really much of a question) It's weird though... Xigbar was pretty damn shocked to see Ven show up but doesn't feel the same way when he sees Roxas every single day :confused:.

Silfarion

2 questions.

How was axel able to see xion's face the way roxas did, since you guys are saying Roxas was able to see Xion face because of sora's leaked memories?

And a toughy one that possibly nobody can't explain...

Xigbar(Braig) seeing xion take the form of Ven(BBS)...(Not really much of a question) It's weird though... Xigbar was pretty damn shocked to see Ven show up but doesn't feel the same way when he sees Roxas every single day :confused:.

i guess the first answer was probably because axel is close to xion just like roxas (maybe it will only show to people who xion wants).

and the second question... i have no idea at all (except that of my theory that roxas=ven, and xion somehow got the part of ven through sora). i guess that might be answered at BBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back