• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
By the way, Garland's VA in this game is the same one he's had since Dissidia, right?
Yes, Chris Sabat is back as Garland. Phenomenal decision by SE. (the only good one tbh haha)

I honestly just wish the main characters looked better... I hate their designs.
The only one I like is Ash, the black man. I think they could render his hair better, though.

But yeah, these designs lack any character or uniqueness. It feels like somebody looking at westerners as a whole and coming up with this as the generic idea of what a westerner looks like.

Not-Promoto is just a prettier looking Ninja and Jack is the least inspired of them all. He’s just a white guy.

What kills me is this game is being sold as being bold and different, but all I see is a bunch of generic designs in a game with early PS4 graphics and a bland color scheme that reminds me of 90% of PS3 games.

Perhaps there IS more to this game. I think the marketing team failed to sell this, though. This was not the best look at the game.

The vibes I'm getting from most of Square these days (though FF14 seems immune right now) is they're overworking some... certainnn creative staff and the juices are running dry all around. They're making too many mistakes all at once and it's not a good look.
Agreed. They need to give Nomura a vacation. I love his work but SE is grinding him and others to nothing.

Awards
I saw the trailer for this game, and it's got me very intrigued! I love the dark tone and the way it seems to look like a faster paced Dark Souls-like game! And Christopher Sabat, who voiced Garland in Dissidia, is voicing him again for this game, which has me excited!

Noivern

Awards
I know the entire internet seems to have either disliked this or flat out hate it, but I absolutely loved the trailer lol It obviously still has a long way to go in the graphic department, but I absolutely love the totally-normal-people designs walking around Cornelia with armor plates on top of cameo shirts.

It totally doesn't have anything to do with how much I want to be crushed by the MC, though. Totally.

Also really like the Pink hair guy and the fact we apparently have a black man in our main party is super cool. That was one of the best parts of 13.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I know the entire internet seems to have either disliked this or flat out hate it, but I absolutely loved the trailer lol It obviously still has a long way to go in the graphic department, but I absolutely love the totally-normal-people designs walking around Cornelia with armor plates on top of cameo shirts.

It totally doesn't have anything to do with how much I want to be crushed by the MC, though. Totally.

Also really like the Pink hair guy and the fact we apparently have a black man in our main party is super cool. That was one of the best parts of 13.
yeah, cheesiness aside, I'm still going to play the game

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
That playing-as-Garland-prequel idea some people had sounded such an indefinately cooler concept than what they actually went with.
I feel like Square Enix commissioned Team Ninja to do this game with little to no supervision or direct help for them, unlike how Nintendo managed Hyrule Warriors and Age of Calamity. Those two feel like proper adaptions of the properties they're based on, but FF Origin feels like Team Ninja didn't know what direction they took, so they just improvised.

Or maybe the game has a bit of a clunky beginning, but it gets better as the game unfolds.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So... demo still not working?
Nope, and SE deleted the tweet starting they were looking into the error so 8D

Chaos!

Edit: looks like the tweet is still there? it wouldn't load earlier for me and said "Nothing to see here" or whatever.

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I think this decision is more in line with Sony than with SE.

I'm curious as to why Sony would encourage Square to make a PS5-exclusive demo for a game that won't be, during a console drought no less. Just seems particularly odd.

PikaPal

Awards
Hey look everybody, the word Chaos is the new Darkness now.:LOL:

Jokes aside, this looks so bizarre yet so fascinating that I might just end up getting it not matter how generic the character designs look (which is odd since this is Nomura we're talking about).

Also heard Alejandro Saab as the pink haired guy so I'm excited to hear him, cool having him be in a main role for a Final Fantasy game. The other two main VA's seem to be new so I'm interested to see how they'll fare.

Awards
Man, looking at all the designs...was Nomura having an off day?? These don't look like "Nomura" designs to me at all. Once again, Jack just looks like a random pissed off dude on the street but Spocknort put it best. He's just some white guy.

But allow me to expand. He's not just some white guy. He's a 7th Gen M-Rated Main Character White Guy.

Like, this is supposed to be an FF1 prequel right?

Last edited:

GreyouTT

Awards
It honestly looks like it's meant to be a block of cheese and campiness. Hopefully the demo is fixed so it can clear the air on stuff.

Back