• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
fZ84Fks.png
SQUARE ENIX today announced STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN, revealed as part of the SQUARE ENIX PRESENTS livestream at E3. The new action RPG has been made in collaboration with Team NINJA from KOEI TECMO GAMES, creators of the NINJA GAIDEN and Nioh series, and brings a new vision to the FINAL FANTASY series. Players will be able to purchase STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC in 2022.

Comments from Tetsuya Nomura and Fumihiko Yasuda
“While it is FINAL FANTASY, it feels different—but there's no doubt that the blood of FINAL FANTASY runs through its veins,” said Tetsuya Nomura, Creative Producer for STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN. “We've undertaken the challenge of finding this difficult middle ground for this mature and stylish title. We need a little time until we're able to complete it, and while the battle system is a bloody one, it does link to the story, so I hope you'll use this opportunity to give it a try.”

“I'm truly happy to be involved with a new FINAL FANTASY, and a title connected to its origin at that,” said Fumihiko Yasuda, Head of Team NINJA at KOEI TECMO GAMES. “Using the feedback that the players provide after playing the trial version, all of us at Team NINJA will work to make this a title that meets the expectations of not only action game fans, but also FINAL FANTASY series fans around the world!”
Story

You take the role of Jack who, along with allies Ash and Jed, sets off on a quest to defeat Chaos. Burning with resolve, and with memories of their struggle deep in their hearts, are they the foretold Warriors of Light?

Your journey will take you into a dark and challenging fantasy world, filled with iconic monsters from the FINAL FANTASY series. Fortunately, Jack isn’t exactly defenseless - he can use powerful spells and abilities from a range of jobs, including warrior, dragoon and black mage.

Trial available on PS5 from June 13th to June 24th 2021

The STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN TRIAL VERSION was also announced during the showcase, which gives players the opportunity to experience a taste of the full game centering on Jack and his allies—Ash and Jed—as they throw open the gates to the Chaos Shrine. Burning with the resolve to defeat Chaos, and with the memories of their struggle buried deep in their hearts, are they the foretold Warriors of Light?

Players of the STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN TRIAL VERSION can explore this dark fantasy world as they battle an array of iconic monsters from the FINAL FANTASY series, using powerful spells and abilities from a sample of jobs including warrior, dragoon and black mage.

The STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN TRIAL VERSION will be available for free on PS5 beginning today, June 13th, 2021 and through June 24th, 2021 7:59 p.m. (PDT) / 3:59 p.m. (BST). You can download the STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN TRIAL VERSION for PS5 from the PlayStation®Store.

In addition, players who download and play STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN TRIAL VERSION are invited to participate in a survey to provide feedback to the development team on their play experience, helping to shape the outcome of the game. The survey will be open from June 13th, 2021 through June 30th, 2021 7:59 a.m. (PDT) / 3:59 p.m. (BST) and will be accessible from the menu screen of the trial version.
Key Art

NT3nFnS.png

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Downloaded the demo and it’s saying the data is corrupted… 🙄

EDIT: Not just me apparently. Lmao. 🤡

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think it looks interesting. Even if the dialogue is a bit clunky and the name choices are.....unique?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think it looks interesting. Even if the dialogue is a bit clunky and the name choices are.....unique?
Yeah, the dialogue is cheesy, but it's Team Ninja, lol. No wonder Nintendo gets veery involved when they work alongside them (Hyrule Warriors, Age of Calamity). Anyways, I'm pumped for the game. Can't wait to see how they deal with the rest of the world from FFI

the red monster

Awards
Even if the game doesn't look good visually, i hope the gameplay is enough to save it.
will try the demo when it gets fixed

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This thing desperately needed more time in the oven before they revealed it to the world, but I'm not sure it would have done them all that much good.

The names are terrible choices but at least it's not as bad as Clive 8D

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Christ, that dialogue was pure cheese.

And a limited trial for PS5 users. Feeling ever more alienated by SE.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
The vibes I'm getting from most of Square these days (though FF14 seems immune right now) is they're overworking some... certainnn creative staff and the juices are running dry all around. They're making too many mistakes all at once and it's not a good look.

GreyouTT

Awards
It feels like those parodies of things you see characters in a story watch on TV.

AegisXIII

Awards
By the way, did you hear the news? Apparently the protagonist wants to kill Chaos.

Back