• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Square was on some strong stuff when they came up with this game.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Anyone try out the new demo yet? I didn’t get to finish the first one, but will probably check it out myself tonight.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I was more impressed with this trailer than with the first one. I think the game looks fun. Something about both trailers did rub me the wrong way, and this time I think I finally pinpointed it. It's Jack, it's his voice, his delivery, man, just seems stiff and unnatural to me. Maybe I'm alone on that, and it may not be the fault of the actor but rather the writing/matching the characters mouth movements/whatever, but man.

Regardless, I hope the game is good. The gameplay doesn't look disappointing, just curious how the story adaptation/reimagining is going to turn out haha. Time will tell.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
No way they did this!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I want to play it too.

• Haha
Reactions: Max

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Huh, I’m actually interested in this game now. Seeing a greater diversity of environments really helps, I’d thought the whole vibe would be drab and gray

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Oh yeah, this is a lot better than the first teaser. The world looks a lot more interesting then what we first saw at E3

Wonder if that Pirate guy with the eyepatch is our Cid for the game? He kind of gives of that vibe, lol

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Oh yeah, this is a lot better than the first teaser. The world looks a lot more interesting then what we first saw at E3

Wonder if that Pirate guy with the eyepatch is our Cid for the game? He kind of gives of that vibe, lol
He's Bikke, a boss from final fantasy I

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah I did enjoy trial 2 a lot more than trial 1. I played on Story + casual because I'm a filthy gamer who doesn't appreciate good game design (and also because I do not have enough time to spend my gaming time re-trying to same fights over and over and over again).

The removal of the green filter in the Chaos Shrine and putting in sunlight was much appreciated. I liked being able to see the environment and enemies. The second area had massive bloom issues on my TV that even tinkering with the settings didn't fix. Also had a bunch of frame rate issues in performance mode but it's a trial so I'm confident they'll iron that out for launch.

I liked revisiting the world of Final Fantasy XIII again. The second area uses music from that game, the climate control orb mechanic from the game, the crystals from the forest, and all round it was reminiscent of the Sunleth Waterscape. I'm going to enjoy Final Fantasy Origins being a greatest hits to all of the games.

They added a bunch of new classes to try out in the game. I didn't try out much but it's nice to see a variety of gameplay options. I felt like the tutorials were clearer and there were a lot more of them. Neon is a great party member, and I liked being able to customise them and issues commands.

It's a big step up from trial 1, which was to be expected for a game in development, but it went further than I was expecting. It has a whole bunch of issues with it but I'm feeling confident that what I'm going to be booting up next March is going to provide me with a lot of laughs and a lot of fun.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I will be here to kill Chaos in March. This game looks dope. Seems like we'll be getting 3 great games from Square next year which might motivate me enough to finally buy a PS5. Jack is awesome

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’m so so terrible at this game. I kept dying early on in the hallway with all the Bomb enemies even on the Story mode. Same place I got stuck on the original demo.

It has a similar battle system to Kena Bridge of Spirits and I have the same issue with that game. Something about attacking with the triggers and blocking with O just doesn’t feel intuitive to me. If I get the full game, I’ll probably need to do some button remapping or something.

Or it may be a game I end up just watching the cutscenes for unless I can get good.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The bomb area is a lot more manageable when you’re throwing fire back at them to make them self destruct. I only learnt that during the second demo.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I honestly hate the character models and designs of the supporting cast sooo much hahaha I feel like it was on purpose

minus Queen Jayne…she’s a hottie

Back