• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHUX ► Strelitzia, Your Best Friend

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I was having a chat with my pal (more like joking on Nomura and teams sometimes strange writing choices) and suddenly a thought that never occured to me popped up.

It would've been nice if Strelitzia was in the story wayyyyyy earlier. We used to go through such long droughts of nothing happening.

It had me thinking what if we met Strelitzia soon after we met Ephemera? While Ephemera was often out doing his own thing, Strelitzia would more often than not tag along with you to complete missions and travel the realms. Like a canonical party member.

She'd mention her "older brother" from time to time dropping hints about his identity, but not too obviously.

Then one day after a mission and you part ways, she gets the call to be a union leader and isn't allowed to tell you about it. But like Skuld and others, tries to convince you to join.

I suppose her death would end up the same. Though its a real shame that there's so many "kind girl dies/disappears/is incapacitated" characters.... but whatever.

It's better than what happened. Introduced literally to just die for the Laurium sibling stuff (which don't get me wrong, I LOVE sibling stuff).

They could drive home so much angst with the main character either not remembering her or looking for her like Laurium was.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, I think her being Player's best friend rather somebody who wanted to make friends with Player but was too shy then dies before she has her chance to speak to Player would have been waaaaay better hahaha

To this day it astounds me she lived and died in like what? Two updates?

In the end KHUX was a bunch of missed opportunities. Ephemer and Skuld were wasted in the early days of the game, so I guess I'm not surprised a character like Strelitzia was also wasted lol

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
If I could change anything about Strelitzia, I would introduce her earlier in the story. That's it.

I think her being a lonely admirer of Player, and ultimately dying without even getting the chance to meet you, is great. The problem is that it's a tragedy that doesn't hit right when the entire storyline drops in a handful of scenes.
If we could get scenes telling Strelitzia's story in tandem with the original events of χ[chi], rather than Strelitzia briefly explaining what happened, then the shock and emotional payoff of her untimely death would come across much, much better.
As it is (or was), she's an earlygame plot twist for UX. Everyone was dying to meet the final Union Leader only for her to get iced two weeks later. But now we all know, so re-experiencing it is... lacking in narrative strength.

The concept is solid, and dare I say I love it. Just needs better execution. Worked great in the moment, doesn't stand the test of time.

Back