• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Strongest/Best Spirits?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocelot60

I'm looking to build a team of the two BEST spirits in the game, although I'm clueless thus far, I also want to make sure they're all star ranked of course, but until I create them I don't really know what they will be like, for example...

Lord Kyroo was fought in three different areas and had basically more overall health than some endgame bosses, but will his spirit really be any good at all?

Skelterwild, probably the hardest nightmare to fight -a true nightmare lolol- but, would this really be a good spirit too?

Honestly I'm too sceptical. Currently I have those unique Frootz Cat, Kab Kannon and R&R Sealthing and yeah, I beat the game with them, but I believe I could have better spirits, and finally it's time to move on and explore the new things that come with having clear data...

So overall in terms of links and stats, which would be best? A third spirit that has brilliant passive abilities but crap stats is very viable too.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
When the strategy guide comes out, I'm sure that would be the best possible reference to find the info you're looking for.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Yeah, it's impossible to judge which ones are the 'strongest' until you've seen them all. They all have different stats, abilities, commands and resistances so it all sorta balances out in the end too.

You can make any Dream Eater strong though by putting tons of extra materials in them when you first create them so it's all based on which Dream Eaters you're willing to use the most items on and spend the most time with.

Ocelot60

Well no one has some input towards whether or not some Spirits are good? I'm curious about Skelterwild and Sir Kyroo, being the two toughest (Kyroo is actually kinda weak attack but oh well) nightmares out there.

State

Awards
You might as well visit the GameSpot/GameFAQs boards, seeing as how these type of questions regarded to setups are asked there. :v Obviously, beware of spoilers.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I think strength is relative to how you personally approach the battling aspect of the game. I for one am probably not gonna focus on Dream Eaters that much because I typically fight without relying on allies, so I don't care which are the strongest, but specific ones may help others.

And since everyone plays differently, they'll have their own opinions on the strongest dream eaters

hoikess

The Rex dino dream eater is strong in my opinion and i use meowjesty as a support for healing and when meowjesty is higher it can hit pretty decent also:D still need to get that skeleton rex version but those items are so hard to find>.< that one is strong also the lion dream eaters and the dragon are also very strong.

it just depends a little on your taste of combat also becuase all dream eaters fight different.

Ocelot60

You might as well visit the GameSpot/GameFAQs boards, seeing as how these type of questions regarded to setups are asked there. :v Obviously, beware of spoilers.
Thank you, this seems promising, I'll check it out immediately, and no worries about spoilers, beaten the game and seen everything pretty much.

I think strength is relative to how you personally approach the battling aspect of the game. I for one am probably not gonna focus on Dream Eaters that much because I typically fight without relying on allies, so I don't care which are the strongest, but specific ones may help others.

And since everyone plays differently, they'll have their own opinions on the strongest dream eaters
Well my combat style usually consists of me using Graviza and Balloonga and killing everything instantly unless the enemies are those higher HP ones, I'm just looking for some heavy damage dealing spirits with the highest stat pools and the best ability links. A spirit that primarily focuses on healing and helping allies won't be too much of value to me due to the fact health isn't a problem for me.

The Rex dino dream eater is strong in my opinion and i use meowjesty as a support for healing and when meowjesty is higher it can hit pretty decent also:D still need to get that skeleton rex version but those items are so hard to find>.< that one is strong also the lion dream eaters and the dragon are also very strong.

it just depends a little on your taste of combat also becuase all dream eaters fight different.
Yeah I used a friendship portal and borrowed the Skelterwild and from what I've seen one already performs very adequately, making a large presence in the battlefield with large AoE attacks that deal decent damage, I've also seen that their stats are really high, having a higher strength and defence stat at level 45 compared to that of another level 60 end-game tiger spirit. Overall I'm thinking Ryu Dragon and Skelterwild would be a great combination, and my third spirit would have to provide some great passive abilities the others don't, however we'll have to find out when those times come, for now I really just need to find this materials. I'm assuming they're claimed through those portals which won't be too bothersome to beat, finding them all and completing them all is the hardest task to be fair, doing all 50 of them would give me a secret keyblade, but that's beyond the point, I just need Brilliant Fantasys and Wild Fantasys or something.

hoikess

same here:/ i want all dream eaters on proud before going to critical:) so it gonna take some hours for al those items btw also check creating spirits without recipe sometimes i got some rare dream eaters with it and there you also need less items for making them and you can see wich one it wil be so no worries:)
got meowjesty that way :D

Ocelot60

same here:/ i want all dream eaters on proud before going to critical:) so it gonna take some hours for al those items btw also check creating spirits without recipe sometimes i got some rare dream eaters with it and there you also need less items for making them and you can see wich one it wil be so no worries:)
got meowjesty that way :D
Yeah I've noticed this and although I've never actually created a spirit other than a single Kooma Panda sticking without the recipe seems to be more beneficial in terms of ranking even making it possible to create spirits with a star ranking, which is undoubtedly what I'm aiming for.

UltimaJackpot

I consider Ryu Dragon to be one of the most useful Dream Eaters overall. It has a lot of long range fire attacks that cover ground quickly, and are pretty effective against groups of Nightmares, and even stun humanoid bosses a bit, giving Sora/Riku a chance to close in for an attack without fear of whatever you do being countered. In addition to that, it has a pretty useful Link Attack which will almost always deal at least a full bar of HP. On top of that, it gives you some of the best commands and abilities in the game (Superglide, Megaflare, Firaga Burst & Meteor Crash, among others)

As it was said earlier, there really isn't a concrete way to determine the best dream eater at the moment, especially considering the fact that people are just getting accustomed to them, but I do think Ryu Dragon is definitely one of the more well rounded choices, because of what abilities & commands it grants, as well as it's own offensive capabilities.

Ocelot60

I consider Ryu Dragon to be one of the most useful Dream Eaters overall. It has a lot of long range fire attacks that cover ground quickly, and are pretty effective against groups of Nightmares, and even stun humanoid bosses a bit, giving Sora/Riku a chance to close in for an attack without fear of whatever you do being countered. In addition to that, it has a pretty useful Link Attack which will almost always deal at least a full bar of HP. On top of that, it gives you some of the best commands and abilities in the game (Superglide, Megaflare, Firaga Burst & Meteor Crash, among others)

As it was said earlier, there really isn't a concrete way to determine the best dream eater at the moment, especially considering the fact that people are just getting accustomed to them, but I do think Ryu Dragon is definitely one of the more well rounded choices, because of what abilities & commands it grants, as well as it's own offensive capabilities.
Yes, it definitely seems the most effective spirits are end-game ones, which of course make sense, the Ryu Dragon and Skelterwild are arguably the toughest nightmares you can encounter and the fact they also have hard recipes is another thing that shows that they are actually good and require effort to get rather than random enemy drop recipes.

SORA619

Awards

Believe you want to relay on them because they help you a lot sometimes. And you can boost your ATK/DEF/HP from their ability boards.

ShailsTDSPT

I guess a good team would be one that has 2 active dream eaters - one that can cause chaos in the battlefield (Ryu Dragon comes to mind) and one that can support you well (Heal and what not) while on the bench one that has high stat boosts. From there I guess each person can create their own team.

inverse K-blade7

I've found Sir Kyroo to be incredibly helpful, as he can heal and provide useful buffs while dealing fair damage, and has a strong link attack with Sora. for pure offense, Skelterwild, tyranto rex or ryu dragon is probly your best bet

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I don't think there are Spirits that are the best. They all have weaknesses and strengths and they all provide different abilities. It actually depends on what combination of Spirits fits best with your fighting style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back