• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Stupid Girl and Kid Upstairs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demi_Shock

So im living on campus for the summer, and I just moved from a 4 bedroom to a 2 bedroom. This means im in a 2-story apt. building.

My friend lives upstairs, but when summer school started, a (not to be mean) HUGE girl moved in with her. So now everytime she moves, I hear a loud noise like someone is jumping around. :angry:

Worst of all, she has a little kid staying with her, which is just a noisy as she is. Her bedroom is right above mine.:cursing:

Ive talked to the Resident Assistants, Resident Director, and the Director of Residence Life at my University, and they all told me that there isnt anything I can do about it.

Ive tried hitting the broom on the roof. No good.

I tried yelling to see if they can hear me being annoying. no good. (my friend says they cant hear anything that goes on from my apt.)

So what should I do?

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
If the university itself is not helping, you could try approaching the 'stupid girl and kid' in person. You wouldn't necessarily have to mention her weight, but just the fact that her and the kid are disturbing you.

It's a reasonable request really, no one likes that level of noise. And she can't really refuse to see your problem.

I can't think of any other way it's going to stop, other than the girl directly being told what a nuisance she's becoming. Subtle hints probably won't work if they haven't thus far.

T

Tyler Durden

Agreed.

Now the real question is whether or not this is intentional. If it is, have her moved, or move yourself. If it's not, there isn't a whole hell of a lot that people can do about it.

Asking her to step lighter won't work; neither will telling her to have the kid shut up.

You're pretty much stuck buddy.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
:/ There's not much you can do about her weight, but have you tried actually talking to them? Maybe the lady doesn't realize her kid is bothering you; some people are really ignorant. Just talk to them, tell them calmly what's wrong, that you like having a little bit of sleep and quiet, just don't be rude or forceful. Then, I guess you have to remember you're sharing a building with other families, and you can't always make them like you. x-x

Duality

(1) Talk to the people above you, as everyone else has said.
(2) Check with Residence & Housing to see if they can move you to another unit?
(3) Unfortunately, cope with it? On the bright side, you'll have funny stories to tell at the dinner table! XD

I hope things work out.

swizzle

You are such a drag..
AHAHHA that is funny as hell:p but i feel bad for you, it must suck if they diong like knee ups or sumthing after having lots of chocolates and candy. go up the them and say "STOP WALKING, KID, IF YOU DONT SHUT UP, I AM GIONG TO TAPE UR MOUTH SHUT" and then do it if the kid kicks u in the shins. prolly not gonna help but...im just really bored

Demi_Shock

how good are you at carpentry? it might help to add 5 or so support beams to the floor she's on.

as for the kid, i would imagine that a scary story might help

OMG, thats the funniest thing I have ever heard in my life! You made my day, and it just started! lol.

X Twin_Phoenix X

If talking to the kid and lady doesnt work try glueing eggcartons to your ceiling(seriously it works) it should help keep the noise down.

Demi_Shock

that would make my ceiling look cool......but I would get charged major $$ if the RA's saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back