• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Stupid reproductive system!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
So many posts criticizing the situation. It's a bit late for that, and I'm sure the TC has had enough time already to mull it all over and consider the consequences. It's happened, it's happening, and there's a lot yet to happen. It's about the now, and preparing for the now to come.

Angelic Symphony, it's apparent from your post that you must have a decent level of maturity, and it's fantastic that you are getting support. Yes, you're young, and it was a mistake, but damn, I live in England, I'm surrounded by teenage pregnancies. It happens, and you can work through this. Yeshallbeasgods' advice is pretty much what I'd say, plus more; the other option would be adoption. I myself was adopted, and my family of course chose to adopt me. In that sense I was actually 'wanted'. On the other hand, I don't actually know my birth family, and I grew up as an only child almost feeling like an outsider in my own home. That was probably due to environmental circumstances however, but if you were to consider that option, that might be something to think about. You need to manage your own life, but most of all, think for the child especially.

I wish you the best. I cannot speak from experience, and I probably will never be in this situation myself (sexuality might be a contributing factor), but there are countless others out there who will be able to empathise with you. Good luck with the support and providing a stable environment for the child.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Oh quit it with the bashing. Yes, it may be stupid, but I think Angelic Symphony gets that now. The situation is not exactly easy to manage, so perhaps you could offer some advice for the future, rather than considering what could have been, and slating the person who requires assistance.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Well, first off, congratulations. I hope you have a healthy baby and remember to eat healthy and exercise (but not so much that it would hurt the baby). I never paid attention in health class, but try not to get angry often because if I'm not mistaken, it could hurt the baby like raised blood pressure or something affects your body it could bother the baby.
Congratulations? She had drunken unprotected sex at 15 and thinks her baby is a punishment.
(I'm not saying you should treat her like "OMG U GOT PREGGY DUMBARSE" even though everyone else is
But you have good tips without bashing her. You should go by what she said)
Because in the small town I live in, drinking/smoking (I don't smoke by the way) is what young teenagers do. We rebel.
This is a really, really bad environment to raise your baby in.
She'll be drinking and having sex at a young age like you, so try you best making your kid stay away from that stuff while you raise him/her.

And if that's really what you guys do, refrain drinking/smoking while you're pregnant. Drinking can cause the baby to have FAS, and even a little bit can affect the baby.

Smoking can do just as much harm.
EDIT:
Oh quit it with the bashing. Yes, it may be stupid, but I think Angelic Symphony gets that now. The situation is not exactly easy to manage, so perhaps you could offer some advice for the future, rather than considering what could have been, and slating the person who requires assistance.
The thing that pisses me off is that most teenagers actually get it when they're pregnant.
I'm the only person I know who pays attention in health class :C

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Sorry, most teenagers get what? I don't mean to be dense haha~

As for the punishment remark, I don't believe it was to be taken so literally, but if so, I think there are enough counter arguments here now to relinquish that.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Yes but there's no point dwelling on what could have been, it's happened and the girl has to live with it. There's no point trying to make it harder for her when she already has more than enough to deal with herself. That alone is harsh, no matter whose fault it was.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Hey, hey, don't make me try and do something I'm not gonna do. She got drunk, had sex, got pregnant. Loads of girls where I live have done the same. This is England. What do you think?

And she doesn't want sympathy.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
I'm not quite sure what you're saying there to be honest.. could you rephrase? As for the sympathy part, I understand that, sympathy is pretty useless unless it causes people to take genuine action. Empathy on the other hand can provide advice.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I'm not quite sure what you're saying there to be honest.. could you rephrase? As for the sympathy part, I understand that, sympathy is pretty useless unless it causes people to take genuine action. Empathy on the other hand can provide advice.

I mean that it happens all the time and considering that England has the highest teen pregnancy rate in Europe, you need to be harsh and tell people to cowboy the fuck up. Seriously, having a teen pregnancy rate that is 500% higher than Holland is pretty fucking bad.

Pregnancy at a young age = not a good start. She needs to look at herself and question whether having a baby is going to be a burden to her or not. It's great having morals about keeping something alive and being a mother and all that, but if it's going to really mess you up, having a baby is not the best idea.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Yea I understand, to be honest I was just working off the fact that she said she wasn't going to consider an abortion. I ruled that option out and put the idea of adoption up instead. Is she from England anyway? Or were you referring to me? It's certainly ridiculous over here, that's for sure.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Yea I understand, to be honest I was just working off the fact that she said she wasn't going to consider an abortion. I ruled that option out and put the idea of adoption up instead. Is she from England anyway? Or were you referring to me? It's certainly ridiculous over here, that's for sure.

I presumed she was from England since she said "mum" instead of "mom". I'm French but have lived in England for 16 out of the 17 years I have been alive, and I wasn't referring to you. I just hope she doesn't get herself caught in that have-baby-leave-school-go-on-the-dole trap. That would be awful.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
I presumed she was from England since she said "mum" instead of "mom". I'm French but have lived in England for 16 out of the 17 years I have been alive, and I wasn't referring to you. I just hope she doesn't get herself caught in that have-baby-leave-school-go-on-the-dole trap. That would be awful.

Its pretty much places outside of USA that say mum. Good detective skills though.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Hm we had a girl at school who got pregnant when she was 17 [?], so she and her partner immediately got married and will be sharing an apartment for university with the child later this year. They're so young; marriage is such a huge commitment, and I can't imagine ever deciding to perform such an act unless I had been in a serious relationship for several years and we were certain that it would be able to work out. Anything could happen in the future as well. Such 'accidents' really do change the way you have to live your life, and there will be so many difficult choices to make. As for being even younger.. marriage is of course out of the question, so instead there is an unstable environment and a father who has his own life to lead. Yet you're right, in England you see it everywhere. Damn.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Hm we had a girl at school who got pregnant when she was 17 [?], so she and her partner immediately got married and will be sharing an apartment for university with the child later this year. They're so young; marriage is such a huge commitment, and I can't imagine ever deciding to perform such an act unless I had been in a serious relationship for several years and we were certain that it would be able to work out. Anything could happen in the future as well. Such 'accidents' really do change the way you have to live your life, and there will be so many difficult choices to make. As for being even younger.. marriage is of course out of the question, so instead there is an unstable environment and a father who has his own life to lead. Yet you're right, in England you see it everywhere. Damn.

I hate kids and I hate babies, end of. Teen pregnancy is getting younger and younger these days. Now there's 13- and 14-year-olds getting pregnant. Which is, I'm sorry, fucking disgusting.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards

I hate kids and I hate babies, end of. Teen pregnancy is getting younger and younger these days. Now there's 13- and 14-year-olds getting pregnant. Which is, I'm sorry, fucking disgusting.
Yup, I'm enterting 9th grade in a couple weeks, 3 girls in my grade already got pregnant, one's 6 months into her pregnancy right now. I find it really sad, and I rather wait until I'm married.

I find parents giving the talk to their kids better than health class.
But most parents don't give the talk. My parents haven't given me the talk, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back