• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Subtitles or No Subtitles?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Wallflower3582

I'm playing through KH3 again for my third go. On all of my past playthroughs, I left the subtitles on, since they seem so quintessentially Kingdom Hearts that it felt wrong to turn them off. But this time, for the first time, I chose to turn off subtitles. I honestly feel like it's a oddly different experience. Anime has trained me to read then look, and subconsciously I was still doing that despite understanding the audio and was missing out on stuff. I'm noticing more subtleties in the characters facial expressions and voice inflections, and a lot of the interactions feel more natural.

The only trade-off is that I never know what Donald is saying lol

So out of curiosity, do you prefer to play with the subtitles on or off? Did it make a difference for you?

okhi12

Awards
I always play with subtitles because english isn't my native languaje, although I have no problem understanding english dialogue in games. I keep the subtittles because it's funny how the spanish subtitles sometimes don't match the meaning of the english dialogue. It's like a story being told by two different people at the same time.

ngc50

Awards
I honestly play every game, kh or not, with subtitles. KH being one of my first series growing up may have influenced that. I agree that it feels bizarre to not have subtitles with them

Back