• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

such a cute yandere

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

afrobutt

Silver Member
Talk about the series Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, it's okay sequel kai, and the ova rei

overused gif scene from the first season

the part of kai worth watching unless you care about the plot

ova with cute sea bears

Last edited:

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Re: such a cute sea bear

About time Rei came out. Fanservice much? I like the OVA anyway XD

Efflictim

cuck
Awards

Yeah this is pretty good but like what Dog said it's too confusing so I didn't finish it either.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

If you watch it to the end, your opinion of the series lessens considerably

I disagree. I think I liked the second season more than the first. My only problem I had with it was that the final was way too easy. I'd have liked it if there was more conflict.

Anyway, the first Rei OVA was hilarious. It may have just been fanservice, but I loved it. I'm really looking forward to the second one to get subbed; it looks pretty serious.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards

I disagree. I think I liked the second season more than the first. My only problem I had with it was that the final was way too easy. I'd have liked it if there was more conflict.
Me too. Though I like first season more than second. [It was Shion's arc that got me into the series more]
Anyway, the first Rei OVA was hilarious. It may have just been fanservice, but I loved it. I'm really looking forward to the second one to get subbed; it looks pretty serious.
It did say that there will be one serious OVA.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Me too. Though I like first season more than second. [It was Shion's arc that got me into the series more]

I really liked the first season, but the second gave more answers and plot. Besides that I love mature Rika.

Also, yeah, the Shion arc was pretty great.

It did say that there will be one serious OVA.

Well, from what I understand, the second OVA involves Rika being in a perfect world where no one gets killed. In exchange for that though, no one is friends, Satoko bullies Rika and Keichii isn't there, which end up driving Rika insane.

afrobutt

Silver Member

Which was a big enough problem for me to not really like it. It also gets sort of dull once you understand why everything is happening and a pattern begins to develop.

Though the arc where Rena and Keiichi face off on the school roof was excellent

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni(When Cicadas Cry)

(I know there was already a thread for this, but that was pretty much dead, and it needs a thread of its own. Higurashi >>> Elfen Lied. I don't care, shoot me)

Has anyone here watched it? It's one of my favorite animes, it's on my top 5. I think it's pretty awesome, what's your favorite season? I liked both, little more of the first, but second season wasn't all killings, and it had more plot IMO. First season was confusing for me at first, but I sort of liked being confused, because it builded up suspense. And I'm a person who's into gore, and the first season was filled with that.

And if you're thinking about seeing it...

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni takes place during June 1983, at a fictional rural village called Hinamizawa which has a population of approximately 2,000. The main character, Keiichi Maebara, moves to Hinamizawa and befriends his new classmates Rena Ryuugu, Mion Sonozaki, Rika Furude, and Satoko Hojo. Keiichi joins their after-school club activities, which consist mostly of card and board games (and punishment games for the loser, usually him.) Hinamizawa appears to be a normal, peaceful, rural village to Keiichi. However, the tranquility abruptly ends after the annual Watanagashi Festival, a celebration to commemorate and give thanks to the local god, Oyashiro. Keiichi learns that every year for the past four years, one person has been murdered and another has gone missing on the day of the Watanagashi Festival. Keiichi himself soon becomes drawn into the strange events surrounding the Watanagashi Festival and Oyashiro. In each story arc, he or one of his friends become paranoid, and a crime is committed. Usually, the crime involves the murder of one of their own friends. While it seems impossible to tell their delusions apart from the mystery of Hinamizawa, slowly the truth is revealed.
The first season is confusing because when everyone dies, they always come back to life somehow, but it's supposed to be like that. The second season will clear up the confusion.(Higurashi Kai)

(beware: very bloody)

Szayel Aporro

didn't i leave
Website
axecrazyyandere.tumblr.com
Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni(When Cicadas Cry)

I just finished the first season yesterday.
Seriously, it's one of my favorites now. I'd say in third place for my top favorite animes.
I don't know what it was about the gore and cuteness of the characters, but it was completely amazing.
I just started Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai.

I think I know why the events just have an endless circle of repeating itself though. I'm not sure, so I'll keep it in my brain until I finish the second season. 8D

Duo_forbidden

Dance with the Dark Side

about 3
the thread i made about the ova served the purpose of general higurashi discussion and you posted there (meaning you knew about it) so i have to wonder why you made this thread

It's kind of hard to find the thread when you name it "such a cute sea bear". Just saying.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

about 3

derp

the thread i made about the ova served the purpose of general higurashi discussion and you posted there (meaning you knew about it) so i have to wonder why you made this thread

Oh shut up niggacom. There were, like, five Higurashi threads before you made yours.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Yeah, sorry about that little incident, just that this thread has been dead and because of the thread title, people wouldn't know what your talking about. I forgot I posted here xD
I don't know what it was about the gore and cuteness of the characters, but it was completely amazing.
I love how it switches from cuteness from gore. It's epic xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back