• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Suggestions for the Forum

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No requests can be completed at this time.

This forum software was born from darkness and will return to the darkness whence it came.

Such is the fate of all things.

C;

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Don't know if this is a perk more experienced members get, but what about removing the 25 character limit from visitor messages and PM's?
I’m sorry to say but this request can not be looked into any time soon.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
So, uh, is that a no on the custom profiles? Is this a staff not having access to the admin panel thing?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
*SWEATS NERVOUSLY*

Y’all sounding ominous af. Who hurt you. Was it Xehanort? Cuz I’m pretty sure most of us are him.

Pain is merely an illusion of the mind.

So, uh, is that a no on the custom profiles? Is this a staff not having access to the admin panel thing?

It’s a no on any and all requests now and for the future if it involves this software.

C;

Neo_

Awards
Are there notifications here? How do you guys keep up with stuff? Do you just go to your profile and look at your recent posts?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Are there notifications here? How do you guys keep up with stuff? Do you just go to your profile and look at your recent posts?
I click on settings up the top and it shows me the threads I’ve posted in which have recent posts.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I got an email just now about you posting here. I have it set so any thread I care or cared about emails me if it gets posted in. Otherwise your settings page has all your subscriptions.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Can we get all of the text options back in one bar again? I don't like having to press the three dots just to open even more options.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
verification for new sign ups. Other xenforo forums have a custom question and an answer box to weed out bots and spammers. The newest 10 threads here are all spam bots.

LoneFox

Awards
verification for new sign ups. Other xenforo forums have a custom question and an answer box to weed out bots and spammers. The newest 10 threads here are all spam bots.
This would work maybe a few days, then they find a way around it.

The right way to do it is to not care about account creation, but instead block the spam itself when they try to post it. This is much harder to circumvent, because the filter has more information to work on.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

We do have custom fields. Honestly, I’ll keep looking but for now this is the best you are going to get without me banning Russia and pretty much all of Asia.

As we do have an active Russian user and active users who post from all across Asia, it’s not a sacrifice I want to make atm.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Or implement captcha? But for real, I’m on it hahaha f*ck you spam, NOT ON MY WATCH #whateverittakes

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Or implement captcha? But for real, I’m on it hahaha f*ck you spam, NOT ON MY WATCH #whateverittakes

We have had both. Captchas were worse so I turned it off and we’ve had significantly less bots coming through thanks to the custom fields.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think part of the issue is that they're not just bots but sometimes actual people creating these threads. Some are actual KH related posts with a link weaseled in.
Would it be possible to limit thread creation to users that have posted at least 10 posts or something?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think part of the issue is that they're not just bots but sometimes actual people creating these threads. Some are actual KH related posts with a link weaseled in.
Would it be possible to limit thread creation to users that have posted at least 10 posts or something?

That is smart. Let me see what I can do.

I don't think it'll stop the spammers too much because they will just spam in existing threads (which is easier to delete tbh but still)

And yes you are right about that. These spam companies hire real people to create accounts to bypass captchas then they turn on the spam software.

AegisXIII

Awards
There is also the rule you are not allowed to create a topic unless you have earned some reputation.
Ex: 10-15 messages on other topics.

I think stackoverflow is using this.

LoneFox

Awards
In the dark theme, links in posts are rendered with exactly same color and style as regular text, which makes them very hard to notice. Could this be fixed?

Back