• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Suikoden V anounced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Mage

Bearer of the True Rune.
Konami has just announced Suikoden V!

With Suikoden III and IV already available for the PS2 and Suikoden Tactics on the way, many were convinced that Konami was finished with the series for this generation. It turns out that there's more in store for Suikoden fans, as Konami has just announced the fifth entry in the series, and it's for the PS2.

Officially titled Genso Suikoden V in Japan (the Genso will probably be removed from the US version), Suikoden V takes place in the Fallena Kingdom... or perhaps we should say Queendom. The ladies have power in Fallena, and unsurprisingly, you play as a rather feminine-looking prince. Suikoden V begins when something happens to the main character -- it's a little vague, but that's all Konami's saying right now.

Outside of the nameless main character, we know of just a couple of other characters. Playing a big role in the game is Rionne, your assistant. She happens to be pretty good with a sword, which we're sure will come in handy in battle. Your mom, the Queen of Fallena, also plays a role in the story.

Konami will exhibit Suikoden V at the Tokyo Game Show, which kicks off on 9/16. IGN will be back then with hopefully more details on the game. Suikoden V is currently without a release date.
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/647/647552p1.html

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Yes!!!!!!!!!!Suikoden rocks and this one should be really good. Another RPG...excellent. Oh I'm happy now.

Crest

No! Don't sneeze!
Let's see uh... ACHOO! Huh? Where am I now?
Yes... I'm not as excited as I heard of it already. And by the way...

Won't it be cool if the Hero's assistant be able to use the Falcon Rune?

And doesn't the Queen of Falena look almost like Jeane somehow?

I also hope that the following characters will appear...

Jeane
Viki (Although I KNOW that Jeane and Viki will appear, as they did in the other Suikodens)
Ted (Oh please!!! This is only possible if this takes place before Suikoden 1)
Georg Prime
Killey
Lorelai (Only possible if this takes place before/between Suikoden 1 and 2. But then Ted won't appear)
Hero IV (Or Suikoden 4's hero, it's possible since the closets nation near Falena is The Island Nations! Which was Suikoden 4's setting.)

Well that's all I can post now...

eternal darkness

I call this desperation. By seeing Konami how well successful SQUARE-ENIX has been with Radiata Stories, they need to come with a come back. LOL poor them, let's see if they could recover of the badly game that was Suikoden IV.

BUAHAHAHAHHAAHHA, bow to the almighty SQUARE!!!! You could feel the earth tremble!!!!

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
Yuck- another game? The last one that they made was horrible. The entire ship thing was lame. I for one, will not be buying this game. The last game, made the previous ones look 100 times better. It seems that the series is getting worse instead of better.

Crest

No! Don't sneeze!
Let's see uh... ACHOO! Huh? Where am I now?
sealightbreeze said:
Yuck- another game? The last one that they made was horrible. The entire ship thing was lame. I for one, will not be buying this game. The last game, made the previous ones look 100 times better. It seems that the series is getting worse instead of better.

By the way... the previous games ARE 100 times better. And I'd buy it anyway. The first two are the absolute best though. The graphics are dull but it's hooking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back