• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Summons more important this time round?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaiash

Website
www.geocities.com
If this has been noted before then feel free to lock it.

Before Stitch was comfermed as a summon he was seen fireing lasors at Heartless as well as that we saw Yuna and Rikku attack a larger heartless.

Then we get it comfermed Stitchs role in KH2 is a summon. After that it seems Yuna, Rikku and Pain are all a summon to (3 heads in one headshot, that'll be interesting).

But what of their big battle? This was cutscene graphics rather than in battle scenes. This leads me to the conclusion the Summons will get more screentime than when you summon them. If this is the case I'd love to see what kind of things Stitch will get up to.

dejah

:|
i hardly used the summons in KH. maybe my mood will change.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
The only summoned I used was Tinkerbell. The rest were, well, useless. Except Bambi at certain points.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
My point was I've never been interested in summonings, I prefer using my keyblade to hit everything that moves. But I don't think they'll have to do with the main story, then again, KH2 differs a lot from KH, so it's a possibility.

dejah

i'm gonna stick with my hit and pummel tactic. heeeeee.
but really we wont know till we play ne?

Gaiash

Website
www.geocities.com
People! This topic is about the summons when they are not being summoned in battle NOT what summons you use or battle tactics. Am I the only one who understands what I'm saying?

dejah

apparrently.

you asked if summonsare important i gave my two cents.
unless you're talking about plots or story lines that the summons may play a part in.

SoraJhannoa

i think they might be.

it might be more relevant to how they plan out the story and how that works out. if that makes sense....

i d like to see a yuna riku paine summon ^^ that d be awesome. but i dunno if it d be weird having them as a summon and not party characters. o_O

i d like summons to have a bigger role in kh2 but i dunno if they re going to be any good or not. so far they havent really got a mention from the developers amoung all the other stuff they ve released. so maybe it s something they re keeping secret until the games out or the summons just arent important in regards to story.

and bear in mind they do have a completely re hashed games engine so the physics and game play is completely different. which could hint that summons have been improved too. maybe they re on the same level as the combo attacks that you get - e.g. auron and sora using bushido attack s etc... so yeah

i dunno really. i cant imagine them not improving the system of summoning but we ll have to wait and see i guess ^^

LoyalSubject

subject to the king
i think if any of the summons r ganna have a role other than bein a summon it would be yuna rikku and paine

btw: welcome to the forums :) ^

hooded_twilight0

well, in the trailer Stitch, Yuna, Rikku, and Paine looked like they were in a cutscene of some sort, but now that I know that they're summons it might just be the actual graphics; if so then that's awesome! still I might do like I did in KH and only use the summons to see what they do and to mess around in a level I've completed.

Gaiash

Website
www.geocities.com
LoyalSubject said:
i think if any of the summons r ganna have a role other than bein a summon it would be yuna rikku and paine

btw: welcome to the forums :) ^
Stitch appears to have one to, the scene of him with the lazors looks to be different to the battle system plus theres no health bar.

Oh and I've been a member here a while, I just hadn't posted in AGES

heartzkreuz

Website
www.freeloadmp3.com
hmm... i'm probably wrong (again...) but do you think it could just be one of those summon opening scenes? well, then again we do see Stitch actually firing at targets, maybe it could be a "freeze" wherein you can use him for an amount of time and it's a close-up shot because stitch is vertically challenged... but my best guess would be that it's part of the story... but that's also questionable since there are no black horizontal focus spaces above or below the screen... thanks for posting this thread, now i'm confused.

Gaiash

Website
www.geocities.com
heartzkreuz said:
hmm... i'm probably wrong (again...) but do you think it could just be one of those summon opening scenes? well, then again we do see Stitch actually firing at targets, maybe it could be a "freeze" wherein you can use him for an amount of time and it's a close-up shot because stitch is vertically challenged... but my best guess would be that it's part of the story... but that's also questionable since there are no black horizontal focus spaces above or below the screen... thanks for posting this thread, now i'm confused.
nah it can't be in battle scenes because theres no health bar, we can tell when its in battle by the health bar with Sora and the Summon in.

But maybe they only appear out of battle for that one part of the story in which Sora summons all his summons to help keep the Heartless back

heartzkreuz

Website
www.freeloadmp3.com
I just watched the trailer again and it seems that these "preview" summons are all in one place without the health gauges and status indicators, maybe there IS a part in the story where all the summons are being portrayed as acting individually alongside the story with sora. they are all in the scene where sora, donald and goofy are up against an army of enemies. this is probably a story scene. near the ending theorectically...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back