• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Super Meat Boy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masamune

Big Boss
Old School games return. Apparently Super Meat Boy is somewhat like a Super mario bro plat-former that is supposedly extremely difficult. (Note how both share SMB as abbreviations)

Discuss.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I heard the wii version will be shrunk down because of the size limit on WW games :/
I hope it isn't too disappointing on wii.

Kotaku
Addressing the "internets," Team Meat says that a November release on WiiWare is "impossible," saying it has not yet compressed the full game below the 50 MB mark. The developer is aiming for something even leaner, 39 MB, according to the game's official Twitter account.
Super Meat Boy features more than 300 levels, multiple playable characters and numerous art styles, resulting in a game the developer's weigh in at a hefty 750 MB.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
hahahahaha did i hear dr. fetus as the bad guy????

lol yep, and bandage girl

869884-bandaidgirl_large.jpg

:x I can't wait to play this game.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
PSN please.

But I love how games like these, retro, simple,and challenging with a creative twist are becoming a trend.

Yeah, I'd get it.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
PSN please.

But I love how games like these, retro, simple,and challenging with a creative twist are becoming a trend.

Yeah, I'd get it.

KOTAKU:On a more positive note, Team Meat says the PC version released through Steam will be available the last week of November. The Mac version will be released "later" and the PlayStation 3 version "never."
OK, so that last bit wasn't so positive.

sorry, lol if you want to read more about why it isn't coming to ps3, just go to Kotaku.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Ok, so I got this game the other day, and I must say, I'm going nuts over here. This is some of the best platforming of the year (second only to possibly DKCR). Anyone who loves addicting gameplay must pick this game up right now.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Got the poo outta this. I've been pumped for it for a super long time, but I just finally got it. Super fun, but it's so hard it's ridiculous.

So far I only have Meat Boy, Commander Video, and the Headcrab unlocked. ):

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Apparently they're going to make Super Meat Boy a retail Wii game instead of trying to shrink it to WiiWare. That's what I hear anyway....

I got it yesterday and it's fun.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Got the poo outta this. I've been pumped for it for a super long time, but I just finally got it. Super fun, but it's so hard it's ridiculous.

So far I only have Meat Boy, Commander Video, and the Headcrab unlocked. ):

I don't even know what I've unlocked. Too busy trying to constantly get to the next level.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Apparently they're going to make Super Meat Boy a retail Wii game instead of trying to shrink it to WiiWare. That's what I hear anyway....

I got it yesterday and it's fun.

Depending on the characters in it, I may or may not buy it.

I don't even know what I've unlocked. Too busy trying to constantly get to the next level.

You can get Commander Video pretty early on in one of World 1's warp zones. He makes World 2 so much easier.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
★;5335917 said:
Apparently Sony wasn't interested, at least that's what I read.

The hell Sony

Try imagining what the pitch was.

"Ok so a wad of meat is trying to save his bandage girlfriend from a vampire fetus..."

"Nintendo is down the block."

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Has anyone bothered counting how many times that guy said 'meat' or any variation of the word? I'd really like to know.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
The only thing I don't get is why the game has that A+ speed run grade. Often times, rushing through as fast as you can, like in a lot of platformers, seems to be easiest/safest way to do it.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Can someone give me a hint on World 3 Level 20? I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the key inside the keyed off area. Unless there's another key that I'm missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back