• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Super Smash Bros. Brawl ripped off music from Zazie!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

khobsessed01

Awards
Judge for yourself. Listen up to :57 of Zazie's Tout Le Monde (Amazing song BTW!)

Now, listen to the first part of the SSBB menu music:

Sounds very similar. Pay close attention to the trumpet sound in both songs. Maybe the composers didn't think anyone would notice?

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
aw shit in the course of history two songs in the world sound even the slightest bit similar better break out the copyright infringement laws.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Coincidence. I severely doubt any of the composer team - all of them being Japanese and based in that country - were aware Zazie existed, or what her works included. Besides, it's hardly much of a song to be intentionally copying off of. Inspiration is an unlikely possibility, but intentionally copying and hoping no one notices is unlikely enough to not be worth considering.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Or maybe you're reading too much into it. Seriously, with music having been around for as long as it has, there's bound to be a bunch of similarities between songs. It's not a rip-off at all, it's just you trying to make a connection that, quite frankly, does not exist.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
wow would I rather play brawl or a zazie song I think we all know what the answer is

Back