• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Everyone is Here! | December 7th 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which is your favorite Smash Bros?

Votes: 44 11.3%
  • Melee

Votes: 115 29.5%
  • Brawl

Votes: 231 59.2%

• Total voters

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Ya'll aren't prepared for the Mii Brawler Tifa costume with big boobies. It's gonna happen now.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
For now. Sora still has 3 or so chances left (maybe even more if there's ever a Vol. 3), as I see him as a character with the luck of being legally owned by Disney.
I don't think this second Fighters Pass will include another SE rep. Maybe if they make a third Fighters Pass, which I can see them doing, seeing as how they can keep milking Ultimate up until they release the Switch 2 and then release Smash 6.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I don't think this second Fighters Pass will include another SE rep. Maybe if they make a third Fighters Pass, which I can see them doing, seeing as how they can keep milking Ultimate up until they release the Switch 2 and then release Smash 6.
They already confirmed there won't be a third pass.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
Yeah FFVII is huge...
Yeah FFVII Remake came out this year...
Yeah Sephiroth is gigantic, and known even by many casual gamers...
So I am in no way saying he was a mistake, but...

...I really wish it was someone from another FF game, instead of a second FFVII fighter.
At least we finally get more FFVII songs - my hope is for J-E-N-O-V-A

On another note, with Sephiroth, do you think other FF's will be represented in Mii costumes? Will we just get Chocobo and Geno back from Samsh 4? Or will we not get any Square Enix properties for Miis?

Rainclouds

Awards
Had a random idea. What if Clive was in smash instead?

On a serious note, maybe it would have been nice to have Terra in. But, characters from past games don't really have any relevance to the series in the present.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Had a random idea. What if Clive was in smash instead?

On a serious note, maybe it would have been nice to have Terra in. But, characters from past games don't really have any relevance to the series in the present.
Tell that to 14, which has been doing direct references and homages to previous Final Fantasy games. The base game had an Alliance Raid involving the Cloud of Darkness, Stormblood had one that straight up canonized and involved the whole of Ivalice into the Eorzean lore (so Tactics and 12), there was a special raid boss fight against Kefka, and one of the bosses in Shadowbringers is a direct visual homage to the original main character in FF1. Not to mention Magitrek armor, references to a War of the Magi, and other smaller little things.

Square Enix hasn't forgotten other Final Fantasy games outside of 7. They think everyone outside of the hardcore fanbase (casuals) have.

Awards
I'm still reeling over the amazing reveal we got at the Game Awards! Sephiroth is such an iconic villain from Final Fantasy, so the fact that he got revealed for Smash made me immensely happy!

Never in my wildest dreams did I expect that he'd be in the game, I can't stop watching the trailer! It's so wonderfully well done and pays homage to the badassery this big bad delivers! He looks like he'll be insanely fun to use!

Makes me wonder who the last three DLC characters will be? I'm still hoping for Sora! :D

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
HMK did his video on the matter of Sora’s chances:
This is the better attitude: what kind of person do you have to be to not enjoy Sephiroth's including, also in general any Fighter, because Sora didn't make it? Jesus.

Wow, HMK's Mickey impersonation is disturbingly good...hahahah

Also, HMK calls Cloud and Sephiroth "Nomura characters". They weren't included because of that.

They already confirmed there won't be a third pass.
Thanks for clarifying. Looks like we might get Sora in Smash for Switch 2.

You think that if a highly requested char doesn't get in Sakurai should just come out and confirm it?
1. He doesn't owe anyone explanations;
2. The confirmation of a negative towards a particular character could open the door for fans to flood their social media with posts about if X, Y or Z will be included or not in Smash;
3. Expectation is part of the Marketing game for Smash.

This is usually the case for when said character is a Mii Costume.
If anything, Smash Ultimate can get Mii Costumes of Sora, Riku, black cloak; whatever comes after Ultimate, if anything, could have Sora.

Don't forget; One Winged Angel was also in Kingdom Hearts, so Sephy's inclusion might actually help Sora's chances a little.
Smash Ultimate is a celebration to gaming with the inclusion of more 3rd party characters. Sephiroth's inclusion is the celebration to one of gaming's most iconic villains and one of gaming's iconic rivalry/battle (Cloud v Sephiroth). So I don't think Seph's inclusion can be used as a bridge for Sora.

Makes me wonder who the last three DLC characters will be?
I'm guessing three 3rd party characters, or: 2:1, two 3rd party characters: one of Nintendo.

Megavoltage

Awards
Do you think they'll include Final Fantasy assist trophies this time? If so what would you like? I'd love to see Chocobo, Cactuar, and a Black Mage.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Do you think they'll include Final Fantasy assist trophies this time? If so what would you like? I'd love to see Chocobo, Cactuar, and a Black Mage.
It's a possibility. We might get another FF character as a Trophy, maybe Tifa. While another trophy or two could be popular monster characters like th one you mentioned.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Back