• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Everyone is Here! | December 7th 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which is your favorite Smash Bros?

Votes: 44 11.3%
  • Melee

Votes: 115 29.5%
  • Brawl

Votes: 231 59.2%

• Total voters

Perkilator

Awards
I figured this would be an interesting topic. As for my ideas:

Routes
• Daisy: In Search of a Super Star (fights every Mario character, ending with Bowser/Giga Bowser)
• Falco: Personally, I prefer the air! (fights characters who have more than two jumps, ending with Rathalos)
• Mr. Game & Watch: A Long Legacy (fights characters in reverse chronological order from the Switch era to the NES era, ending with Dracula)
• Pokémon Trainer: When Eyes Meet (fights characters who join the player after starting as an enemy)
• Sonic: Just a Bit Too Slow (fights characters who played a role in the Subspace Emissary, with a fight against Galleom midway)
• Olimar: Size Matters (fights big characters, ending with Bowser/Giga Bowser)
• Robin: Master of My Element (fights characters associated with Robin's tomes)
• Cloud: In It for the Money (fights characters who were DLC in Smash 4, fighting Master Hand and Crazy Hand midway through)
• Hero: A History of Heroism (fights characters from JRPG's in general)
• Banjo-Kazooie: Class of '64 (fights characters from N64 games, ending with Ganon)
• Byleth: Let the Lesson Begin! (fights characters mirroring FE gameplay mechanics)
• Min Min: At ARMS' Length (fights characters with slowly increasing range, ending with Master Hand)
• Steve: An Unlikely Icon (fights characters from Nintendo and other 3rd party companies)
• Sephiroth: Fatal Fantasy (fights characters referencing the first 7 Final Fantasy games, fighting Marx in Round 6)

Bosses
• Samus: Fights Rathalos in the Final Round
• Fox: Fights Marx in the Final Round
• Jigglypuff: Fights Master Hand after sorting out Giant Donkey Kong in the Final Round
• Peach: Fights Giga Bowser in the Final Round
• Sheik: Fights Galleom in the Final Round
• Dr. Mario: Fights Marx in the Final Round
• Roy: Fights Ganon in the Final Round
• Meta Knight: Fights Marx in the Final Round
• Pit: Fights Dracula in the Final Round
• Wario: Fights Dracula in the Final Round
• Ike: Fights Dracula in the Final Round
• Lucas: Fights Dracula in the Final Round
• King Dedede: Fights Ganon in the Final Round
• Wii Fit Trainer: Fights Bowser/Giga Bowser in the Final Round
• Little Mac: Fights Bowser/Giga Bowser in the Final Round
• Palutena: Fights Ganon in the Final Round
• Shulk: Fights Galleom in Round 6, moving Mega Man to the Final Round
• Bayonetta: Fights Rathalos in Round 6, moving the Pits to Round 1
• Ridley: Fights Marx in the Final Round
• Simon: Fights Dracula in a Team Battle with Richter in the Final Round
• Richter: Fights Crazy Hand in the Final Round
• Incineroar: Fights Giga Bowser in the Final Round with the help of Greninja

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Pyra/Mythra's route seemed to imply a split personality theme at first with the 1st match being Zelda/Sheik, but then it devolves into the more clichéd heroes & evil doubles with Link/the Dark Link alt & the like. I felt there should've been rounds with Mario/Dr. Mario, Young Link/Toon Link, maybe even Pikachu/Pichu to fuel the fan theorists saying Brawl's Pikachu was Melee's Pichu.

Given that Roy's theme was swordfighters, I hated that his boss was the hands & not Ganon (an actual sword wielding boss). Like maybe if Master Hand still did the shape shifting thing from SSB4 & turned into swords that would make some sense, but he didn't so....

Mario's Route should've been based on his many rivalries (be it in-universe or fandom related): Vs. Wario, Vs. Luigi, Vs. Bowser, vs. Donkey Kong, Vs. Link, Vs. Sonic. Giga Bowser as final boss naturally.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
A Tekken character is just about the most anti-climatic choice for a Bandai Namco rep they could've gone with. How is it the company that owns Digimon keeps making all these games with Pokemon in them & there's still no crossover!

Perkilator

Awards
I'm kinda sad because this was the E3 where Sora or Crash would be perfect...but I'm not gonna hold it against Kazuya he'd probably kill me anyways.. I'm not giving up hope til the end; we only have one slot left.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
I haven't played Tekken in years, but I grew up with the series.
As I watched the trailer, my thoughts went something like this:

"Ganondorf's unconcsious... wait he's being carried... in a rocky landscape. Is this Tekken? Is someone going to toss him off a cliff like they do in Tekken? Who is it? Is it Heihachi? But he was a Mii costume, are they really upgrading one of those - not that that's impossible of course... Could be Kazuya, he did toss Heihachi off a cliff in the first game. OMG! It's actually Kazuya! Ooooh, and they're playing his theme music, I haven't heard that in years!"

For the rest of the trailer I had a massive grin on my face. I was not expecting Tekken, but I am very happy, and it also means Namco Bandai got it's second fighter, which is only fair, as they are working on the game.

This might be the most hyped I've been for a character reveal since Joker, whether he will overtake Hero as my favourite DLC-fighter, only time will tell.
Man, I am so full of ecstacy and hype right now :D, I love that they even added a full on 10 hit combo, it had me ROFLing.
But now I'm just rambling... ahhh I can't stop.

I am hype. The end.

Awards
Even though I've never played Tekken, seeing Kazuya be revealed as the next DLC fighter for Smash was something that piqued my interest! He seems like he'll have a killer moveset, so I'm excited to use him!

You know what this means, folks! Only one coveted spot remains on the roster! :eek:

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
While I know not a lot of people are hyped about Kazuya, I'm pretty excited. He was always my main back when I played Tekken on PS1 (and then a little bit when I jumped into 7, but then I played a lot as Noctis haha). But yeah, I get why some people aren't excited and even I would have had a ton of choices I would have picked before him, but at the end of the day I think he'll be fun and he's another good representative of his genre for Smash.

Perkilator

Awards
Decided to make a Spirit for a hypothetical Metroid Dread Spirit Event.
E.M.M.I..pngE.M.M.I. (Metroid Dread)
Class: ★★★
Type: Support (Attack)
Cost: ⬡
Effect: Death's Scythe Equipped
  • Puppet Fighter: Ridley (Color 8)
  • Stage: :frigate:
  • Music Track: Sector 1
  • Match: Stamina (200HP)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy has super armor and is hard to launch or make flinch
    • The enemy favors down specials
    • The enemy's grabs and throws have increased power

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
The way I think about it is, there still needs to be something new the next time there's a Smash game. Ultimate can't have literally every video game character playable. XD

I also am not really mad at the amount of "anime swordfighter" characters. To be perfectly honest, that is the way it is simply because that is the most prolific type of character in the video game industry. The more characters added to Smash, the more swords there would naturally be. Lol.

In fact, Kazuya was probably a choice specifically because of the complaining about swords.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I wonder who Nintendo's last pick is. It's gotta be something spectacular, seeing as how it's the last Fighter
Maybe Crash Bandicoot, though they missed an opportunity to time releasing them around when Crash 4 came out...

Sora/Roxas would be cool, but I doubt we'll get another Square rep. Same with Crono (Chrono Trigger on SNES Online when??)

What if we get E.M.M.I. from Metroid Dread? As a Nintendo series it has a noticeable lack of characters compared to Zelda, Mario etc. Though that's partly because of the lack of human sized characters to use lol.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What if we get E.M.M.I. from Metroid Dread? As a Nintendo series it has a noticeable lack of characters compared to Zelda, Mario etc. Though that's partly because of the lack of human sized characters to use lol.
There's the hunters from........Hunters. Sylux in particular is recurring & expectant to be in Prime 4.

Other Nintendo 1st parties that could be added:

-Sami from Advance Wars (see left)

-Dixie Kong (would've preferred her over K. Rool TBH)

-Issac, Golden Sun

-Jody Summers or other F-Zero character

-Any Zelda character that isn't a Link/Zelda/Ganondorf who fights like Captain Falcon (the Zelda presentation is weird when you get down to it)

-Mach Rider

-Captain N/Nester (Nintendo supposedly owns them)

-A human from Pokemon doing their own fighting (money's on Bea)

-Captain Toad/Toadette

Last edited:

Willow A113

Awards
There's the hunters from........Hunters. Sylux in particular is recurring & expectant to be in Prime 4.

Other Nintendo 1st parties that could be added:

-Sami from Advance Wars (see left)

-Dixie Kong (would've preferred her over K. Rool TBH)

-Issac, Golden Sun

-Jody Summers or other F-Zero character

-Any Zelda character that isn't a Link/Zelda/Ganondorf who fights like Captain Falcon (the Zelda presentation is weird when you get down to it)

-Mach Rider

-Captain N/Nester (Nintendo supposedly owns them)

-A human from Pokemon doing their own fighting (money's on Bea)

-Captain Toad/Toadette
For a human Pokémon character, maybe team rocket? I don’t know if they were even in the games of not, but if they were they would be a good choice.
Captain Toad is the only character you listed that I’d actually like to see. Don’t care much for the others.

Back