• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Everyone is Here! | December 7th 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which is your favorite Smash Bros?

Votes: 44 11.3%
  • Melee

Votes: 115 29.5%
  • Brawl

Votes: 231 59.2%

• Total voters

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
- Scorpion &/or Sub Zero (Being that smash bros is considers a fighting game these days its almost blasphemous that MK has no representation in the game. I am not sure who owns the rights the the IP these days but I feel like its WB, and like with Kingdom Hearts it will be unlikely that they will want to allow Nintendo to use it without their branding all over the place.)
The other less obvious issue with MK ninjas is the palette swaps. You change Scorpion's color, he becomes a whole separate character with a different type of power:

Yellow-Scorpion (Fire)
Blue-Sub Zero (Ice)
Red-Ermac (soul energy)
Green-Reptile (Venom/acid)
Purple-Rain (water)
Black-Noob Saibot (Shadow/darkness)
Grey-Smoke (smoke)
Brown-Tremor (Earth)

They could go the Koopalings route of each ninja taking a palette but then they'd all have to share the same moveset which doesn't work for them.

Also Knuckles is an Assist Trophy & mii costume, he ain't happening.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
As someone who had Shantae as the only character I would truly want in Smash, I was actually quite happy when she was revealed to be a spirit back in the day. It proved that, the Smash team was aware of the series, and that alone was hype enough for me.
Now they go and add her as a Mii fighter? With a music track? Pogchamp!
(Now I'm just waiting for the surprise reveal of my "no-way-on-earth-will-that-ever-happen" pick: Commander Keen)

Awards
Yeah, and then last year Disney made a couple games with their characters fighting
Which makes me hope that Sora still has a chance for Smash!

The way it was worded was weird though. It sounded just as much like Square ASSUMING Disney would say no & didn't even bother pitching it.

Plus the Sorcerer's Arena mobile game totally allows for Disney on Disney combat & players could attack each other in Disney Infinity as whoever they were playing.
Indeed! Now that we're one more fighter away from rounding off the last Fighter's Pass, I really hope Sora still has a chance!

Awards
I'm sure Spocknort said that Nomura refused Sora in Smash and gave Nintendo Cloud instead...don't remember what thread though...

If that's true, and if Disney apparently changed their tune to refusing Sora's inclusion back in 2019, then I feel bad for everyone who still thinks Sora can get in.

If he actually could've gotten in, he would've been in already.

That, and if not even Dante could get in as a fighter despite being the 3D action game pioneer, Sora's chances aren't looking good. More than they already are.

Perkilator

Awards
I'm sure Spocknort said that Nomura refused Sora in Smash and gave Nintendo Cloud instead...don't remember what thread though...

If that's true, and if Disney apparently changed their tune to refusing Sora's inclusion back in 2019, then I feel bad for everyone who still thinks Sora can get in.

If he actually could've gotten in, he would've been in already.

That, and if not even Dante could get in as a fighter despite being the 3D action game pioneer, Sora's chances aren't looking good. More than they already are.
Nomura never said anything about refusing Sora in favor of Cloud; he and Sakurai chose him because of his iconic status.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I never said he does. However, he does have the final say on whether or not he can make a fighter work.

BTW, HMK just released his latest video on the subject of Sora in Smash:
I'm tired of Grammarly ads lmao

Good to know Sakurai confirmed this is going to be the last Fighter, seeing as how some fans were suggesting there was going to be one last bonus character. If anything, Nintendo could release a version of Ultimate with every DLC packed in

Saw the video. It didn't add anything new to what has already been discussed. There are some fans suggesting that the last Fighter should be Master Hand, as a sendoff

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm tired of Grammarly ads lmao

Good to know Sakurai confirmed this is going to be the last Fighter, seeing as how some fans were suggesting there was going to be one last bonus character. If anything, Nintendo could release a version of Ultimate with every DLC packed in

Saw the video. It didn't add anything new to what has already been discussed. There are some fans suggesting that the last Fighter should be Master Hand, as a sendoff
Nah, Sandbag would make the better final fighter. Let him get revenge on everyone else!

Awards
I guess I'm just tired of "Sora4Smash" because it's just that one movement that just keeps popping up despite the fact that it's never going to happen.

Perkilator

Awards
Jesus Christ…look, it’s perfectly fine you guys don’t think Sora is happening; after all, no character is ever guaranteed to be a fighter. But all this doom and gloom over Sora in Smash from a KH forum kinda feels like a kick in the nuts to me as a diehard KH fan.

Awards
I still don’t get why anyone would ever think Sora would be in Smash. The character is co-owned by Disney. I highly doubt Disney would allow it knowing how strict they are. Just my opinion.

I would like to see Vivi make in though or Paper Mario (I think he could have a very unique skill set.)

Perkilator

Awards
In other news:
Yoko Shimomura brings us another fantastic remix in Smash.

If Sora ever did get in, just imagine her Smash remix of Dearly Beloved!

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I don't think Sora's getting in simply because I don't think one third party company is getting two characters in the same pass.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
LNBQ39b.png

Back