• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

swap magic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

keyblade39

heye guys, im thinking about getting swap magic 2 play kh2: fm+ so is there a forum that tell me the price and where 2 get it?

all comments r respected
and is there any1 who can tell me all that in a reply

sora_nobody

i went and asked about it to an expert and he told me it would burn the ps2 ina year or more

sora_nobody

what do you mean use it carefully tell me how b/c i was going to buy a swap magic but i didn't

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!
i mean that u have to be careful not to touch the sensitive parts of your discs
because if u do, they will get dirty and scratched
furthermore, destroying the lens of your ps2
and while having the swap magic, the effect will be stronger

Z3120

swap magic will burn your ps2 in a year

Using bad media quality like Memorex and Fujifilm can easily kill an already near-dead fat PS2 within a mere year especially when you've already used your PS2 for quite some time occasionally for the past few years. Your laser uses more of its potency/power actually reading backed-up versions of your games than a pressed disc like a store-bought copy or import. There are some exceptions where Memorex and Fujifilm aren't too bad, but you would need to learn the use of media IDs and such on how to figure out the difference between the good, the bad, the authentic and fake DVD brands like using this site below for a reference of media IDs for their respective brands.

The only recommendable ones I'd ever suggest would be Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim. Sony only if you have no other alternative and perhaps Ritek or Maxell if you're fine with them. But really, test what you think will work better on your PS2. Some people simply have a better time using Sony than Verbatim, vice versa or whatever. You'll never know unless you experiment a bit, however, for better overall results among many different versions of PS2s, I'd highly recommend, like I said previously, Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim and especially DVD-Rs. There are, however, some exceptions where your old fat PS2 might read DVD+Rs better, but unless you cannot get DVD-Rs to read on your PS2, I immensely suggest you use DVD+Rs if you have the very recent slim PS2s and cannot get DVD-Rs to work on it.

Saphirawings said:
is there a instruction for slim ps2 to use swap magic?
is this one time thing or do you have to use it all the time to play your game?

Unless you've purchased a mod-chip and have it installed into your PS2 by a professional, you must perform the swap each and every time if you are using the Swap Magic method of playing imports.

sora_nobody said:
i went and asked about it to an expert and he told me it would burn the ps2 ina year or more

The slim PS2s are known to be inferior to the previous generation of fat PS2s especially the longevity and ventilation system, most notably, the v12 slim PS2 model and the recent v14/v15 silver slim PS2s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back