• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sword/Shield/Staff?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
The MAJOR problem with the Rod in KHFMPR is not getting Second Chance until level 90. That's a real killer. I'm doing a playthrough with no continues, equipment changes, and on proud. I picked the Rod for the MP boost however I'm starting to think the Shield may have been a better option.

Reason being is that you can get accessories at Max Lvl to max out your MP, but nothing can increase your Item slots. Also not having Second Chance for basically the whole game is awful. Totally awful.

After doing some research, I am happy to tell you that not getting Second Chance until level 90 is not a problem at all. But first of all let me correct you. You cannot max out on MP if you pick anything but the staff. I have no idea where you got that idea from. You can equip the very same things regardless of what you picked and as such those who went with the staff will always get 2 more MP since there is technically no cap for this stat.

Now that we've got that out of the way, let's move onto why you don't need Second Chance! You see, equipping Zero EXP grants you immunity to one-hit KO's as well boosts your strength to make up for the lack of experience. Cheap but incredibly useful!

So in other words just pick the staff, drop the sword and abuse the unintentional benefits of Zero EXP and you will end up with the strongest Sora without any major sacrifices

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's move onto why you don't need Second Chance! You see, equipping Zero EXP grants you immunity to one-hit KO's as well boosts your strength to make up for the lack of experience. Cheap but incredibly useful!

So I'm assuming that one-hit KO is defined as having all your HP depleted from full to naught. Zero EXP is able to prevent this, acting as Second Chance.

What I'd like to know is, does it still work if you're not at full HP when taking a lethal hit?

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I've not tested it myself, but from what I've been told by people who have it will act exactly like Second Chance. Any hit that would normally kill you will leave you with 1 HP and an opportunity to heal yourself. It would also appear that having Zero EXP equipped will also nerf all the bosses since it's programmed to assume you're doing a level 1 run. Seems like a major oversight, much like how you can let the timer go past 100 hours and it will restart leaving you with an excellent opportunity to get the speedrun trophy when you're ridiculously OP.

Gram

Banned
Awards
so... does anyone else realize that zantetsuken and that gravity break arent on here?
EDIT: I just realized you get those specially, never mind.

Speaking of gravity break, I dont think I ever came across it in my playthorugh. D=

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Speaking of gravity break, I dont think I ever came across it in my playthorugh. D=

You get it after completing the time attack run of Hades Cup.

Seriously though, that ability won't see much use other than probably stunning Xemnas. Gravity is meant to take a certain chunk away from the foes' HP, but by the time you get the ability, you would've probably been able to breeze through most enemies just fine.

Besides, imagine if just before the combo finish, your target has like 2 HP left. Then Gravity Break comes out and only takes 1 HP instead of finishing it off. Rather irritating for my taste. :p

Dark Drive

Awards
+Shield/-Staff
I hate the start in KH xD the whole sacrificing something just annoys me. Then again, you'd have something like that in FF with all the different classes, soooo... it's kinda like that in my eyes. But I've never been a very good hard hitter, and I remember struggling with the original due to low HP and bad Defense, so I chose the Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back