• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► {.:Tainted Memories:.}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlecry

Who the hell do you think I am!?
Website
www.myspace.com
Aah, okay. x3 Since it's the weekend, i'll be able to come freely onto the computer now. I'll try to write three chappies over the weekend <3.

.// Chapter Two: Crawling in the Dark >>

./Malina's Eyes

The mysterious creatures were all set around me, waiting for the exact moment to strike. They weren't very intellegent looking creatures, but they knew the strategic ways of battle. A few of them hopped near me, their heads bobbing from side-to-side. This was it. I wasn't going to run. I couldn't, even if I wanted to.
'Now!' The thought struck my mind like a raging bolt of lightning. I readied my shining blade, and dashed at the shadowy figure infront of me. As soon as I attacked, a few of the other creatures leaped high into the air, hoping to strike me from above. I was completely aware of this.

I quickly slashed at the one infront of me, and it was reduced into a handful of black mist. Soon, it faded away into the nothingness, just like most of the things here had done. Instead of being stunned from suprise, I hastily slid to my right, and three of the jet-black figures landed where I once stood. 'Phew. Too close.' I spoke in my mind, relieved that my reflexes were proving to their standards.

Slash.

I felt the cold, stinging pain of a black claw striking my waist. My shirt tore slightly, and the crimson fluid dripped onto the stained glass floor. It dripped onto one of the mice surrounding the cheerful princess inside the design. That feeling, that one feeling of hapiness emitting from the platform was now gone. Only misery and despair were left in its path.

I realised that this wasn't fake. It was there. Everything was real. The pain was real. I couldn't mess around anymore. This was definatly serious. In all my years, I thought that I would have never been in a situation that determined life and death.

I was wrong. Very wrong.

At this point, I knew my life was going to change. My home, friends, family....everything would be different. Heck, I might've had a hunch that I wouldn't even see any of them again. While I fought for my life, I had flashbacks of all my friends racing through my mind. Was this how it felt when people say they see their life flashing right before their eyes...?

There it went again. Another hit.

Those creatures managed to hit my right arm, which made my weapon slide across the platform. "NO, DON'T FALL!" I mouthed the words, my silent screams making me feel even worse about the though of dieng. I watched as the sword stopped sliding right at the edge. Was all faith lost? No, no! I wouldn't accept it. I couldn't. My stubborn nature paid off in these situations.

I quickly darted over towards the edge of the platform, the three remaining dark figures standing in my way. One jumped up at me, and I simply dodged it. 'Slick move there.' I admired my techniques for a split second, then bounced onto the little creature's head. Swiftly, I jumped back onto the ground, and swiped the sword back up into my bloody palm. Four down. One to go.

I turned around slowly to face the last one left. All the others had faded into eternal oblivion. Courtesy of yours truly. I twirled my blade around playfully, taunting my prey. It was one-on-one, but the little guy was clearly out-classed. Although, I needn't waste my time. I had to find a way to escape.

The small creature wobbled its head around a few times, then pounced at me. Well, the fun was over now. My blood started to slowly drip down the edge of my sword, and onto the ground. That sense of happiness was all coming back to me now. I raised my weapon up to my waist, then in a flash, my blade struck right through my enemy. Before I knew it, the black smoke that was left of it had faded, too.

A job well done? That's what I had thought from that point. But, this wasn't over. No, no....this had only just begun. I flicked my sword into the air, the droplets of blood flying onto the ground, and sliding off the tip of the platform. There it went. Just another meaningless object left to leave all of exsistence. I trotted over towards the edge of the platform, but it suddenly tipped over. I quickly fell to the ground, and slid down to the edge of the platform. I made sure to grab hold of the edge, so I wouldn't be like everything else that had left me.

Help. That was the word that would only described what I needed. Again, I was wrong. I couldn't handle this on my own. I needed to be rescued. I need a hero, a savior.....a friend.

Falling......Drifting....Sinking.....
I was going deeper into these mysterious depths once more. Bubbles streamed after me, making a small pathway of my trail. I kept my eyes open. I wasn't afraid now. I scanned the endless area around me, not even seeing the smallest glimmer of light. Was this it? Was....I done for? I didn't want to fade away like everything else had.

My question was quickly answered as a platform sprug up from the nothingness, and I landed softly onto its rough surface. Okay, okay. I still had a chance here. I was going to make it. I would escape. Or.....maybe not.

I clenched the golden handle of my sword nervously, seeing a large beam of light hit the center of this platform directly. Okay, weird. A moment ago, All I could see was....well....darkness. But, that was absolutly nothing compared to all the things I had experianced during this 'adventure'. I took in a deep breath, and exhaled out the air. I summoned up my strength and courage, and took four, cautious steps. I was now standing in the center of the beam of light, my expression filled with worries. I had multiple reasons for that, too.

"The more light.....the greater your shadow becomes."

There it was. That soothing, yet dark voice of mischief. It echoed from around me, not coming from any general direction. But, this time, I wasn't concerned about that voice. I was wondering on about what it ment.

I slowly turned my head around, and watched as my shadow grew to a higher length. Okay, okay. So the voice ment that my shadow was growing larger. So? Thanks for that information, Captian Obvious. Then, the shadow began to rise up from the ground, and forged into a new shape. It rose to my height, but only continued to grow rapidly. It completely surpassed my level, and rose up higher into the dark sky of oblivion, and was now about ten times my height. This wasn't my shadow anymore, that's all I knew.

Right when I thought things were getting interesting, it finally took its form. It had a similarity to those black creatures that I had destroyed before. Only a bit, though. This guy was tougher. Way tougher.

The creature had a large gap in its torso, taking the shape of a heart. No heart? Heartless? These things were moving around, fighting, and had no heart? Whoa. This was almost as strange as the entire place itself. Well, of course, I could tell that this wasn't an ally. It was the exact opposite. This creature was going to try and kill me, just like the other ones had done. I bound my shaking palms around the bright, golden handle of my pure blade, and stared up into the figure's peircing yellow eyes. It stared back into mine, and we had made contact. The fight had offically begun.

Its long, jet-black hand sunk into the platform, and from it emitted a dark force. Several beams of darkness shot out from the hole it had created, and trailed along after me like heat-seekers. I ran as fast as my legs could take me, and slashed my blade at the large creature's leg. Nothing. It had no effect on him.
Aww, great. I was screwed. I looked extremely crazy fighting an unknown lifeform that was ten times my size. So, I thought. Everyone has a weakness, right? I looked back at its arm, still running at my limits. I saw that all its power was coming from out of its hand, so it was probably the source. Okay. That sounded smart. 'Attack the source.'

I darted from one side of the platform, over to the opposite edge. I threw my sword directly at the hand, still plunged into the ground, and it struck. My blade knocked its hand out of the ground, and I heard as it let out an ear-blistering screech of pain. Slightly, I could feel its pain too. Eh, I was just going too soft. This was no time to feel guilty, not now.

I then turned back around at the giant figure, and the gap in its torso formed a giant spherical shape. It was a dark violet color, and I could sense a dark feeling coming from it. I knew this wasn't good. The sphere shot from out of the hollow heart, and flew back at me. I had to act quick. God-speed quick. I raised up the sword in a flash, then attempted to slice the incoming attack in half. Didn't work. Great! Instead, it launched back at the monsterous being, and it caused it to tumble over and fall flat on its face.

I rushed over to the creature, to finish it off. It was completely motionless, so I had no doubts about myself being safe. I arrived right beside its left arm, and readied my blade. I raised it up into the air, but it was then quickly knocked out of my hands. The dark monster rised up to its knees, and plunged its large hand into the platform once more. Except this time, I had no way to fight back. My weapon had fallen into the eternal depths of oblivion. There was no way out this time. No way that my stubborness would come through my loss of hope.

Darkness poured out from the entire platform, and took hold around my ankles. It rose up all around me, and started to absorb me into the ground. It now reached my mouth, and I lacked any strength to break through. I tried to gasp for air, but it failed. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't escape. There was only one thing I could do. I could only wish that someone....or something would swoop down and rescue me.
Obviously, the chance was rare. But, I had nothing left. I took in a deep breath, and managed to break the binds of darkness away from my face. Oddly, my breathing made a sound. I opened my mouth wide, and shouted at the top of my lungs. "HEEELP!!" There was no response. My cry for help only echoed through the empty area of nothingness as I was completely consumed into the depths of darkness.

Epilogue

killjoy princess
.__. Dang, intense, very great descriptions. Well written Sakura-chan deary. The last part of the chapter was tugging my heart strings dear god. XD

<3 Update soon.

Epilogue

killjoy princess
Linkin' Park music, or Yellowcard's music always help me when I write. D: You should do that, listen to music and think. xD

Battlecry

Website
www.myspace.com
Mummie said:
Linkin' Park music, or Yellowcard's music always help me when I write. D: You should do that, listen to music and think. xD
Great idea, Mum. x3 I'll pop in my Hybrid Theory CD.

Sasu-kun said:
o.o....Wow, long... Well Sakura....start to tie in the otha characters. xD Loveleh chapter
Really? o.o It's long? lol
Well, thans for the comments, Sasu. =D I'll work on the next chapter tomorrow morning. Three more of the characters should be included by then.

Epilogue

killjoy princess
xD That's really smart deary. I'm not done with my fanfic using all the people I selected from KHI to be the characters and crap like that. .__.

Way too busy vectoring and trying out my new style, writting all kinds of new chapters for all my fanfics and new stories, revising, all that good stuff. >_> Mum must be quick!

UPDATE SOON! D:

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
Princess Sakura said:
Actually, on the first page, I posted the names of the characters, and who they represent. =D And, for fun, I even added appearances to each character. To help...err....visualise? o___o;;
that's is really smart. Posting character appearances. I think I might do that myself but, I would let you guys choose your appearance.

Battlecry

Website
www.myspace.com
Okay, okay. <.< I guess i'll start next the chapter, then. *pops in Avril Lavigne CD*

.// Chapter Three: Everlasting Dream >>

./Edward's Eyes

Meru raced alongside me as we reached the shore of our small paradise. Grains of sand flew high into the air behind us as we increased in speed, seeing who would reach the end of the shoreline first. Although Meru was about a year older than I was, we still kept about the same pace. Every other moment, I would be up ahead by a foot, but my cocky friend would only do the same. It wasn't really like me to do things in a competitive manner, but I seemed a bit more happier that day. And, I wouldn't let that incredible feeling go to waste.

We reached the end. It looked like Meru had won. He bragged for a a bit, but I only crossed my arms stubbornly. I didn't like losing, and he knew it. He was going to rub it all in my face. "I beat you, hah! Yah slowpoke!" He continued to taunt me, but I then ignored him.
I asked Meru if he knew where Malina was, mainly trying to make him stop rambling on about how 'great' he was and how he left me in the dust. "Well, you saw her boat back at the pier, right? Then, she must be somewhere on the island! Let's go search." He spoke to me a bit cheerfully, still thinking back to how he beat me. I was sure now that he would never let me forget it.

I told him that we should split-up, and he quickly agreed. I walked over calmly towards the right, while he darted over to my left side. I really never understood how he was so full of energy like that. I turned back around, watching as my best friend ran off into the distance.

./Meru's Eyes

I continued to race down the shore of the beach, looking back behind me as Edward vanished off into the hazy horizon. As soon as I turned my head back around, I saw Malina laying in the sand, her eyes closed peacefully. I decreased in speed, and started walking over to her. I bent down beside her, and cleared my voice. I could tell she was asleep, so she needed a wake-up call. "Ahem.....YO MAL, WAKE UP!!" I shouted loudly, maybe even so loud that Ed could've heard it. Enh, I doubt it.

She didn't move. Strange, whenever she fell asleep outside all I had to do was yell. And, she'd usually slam her head into something by her terrified reaction. Something was wrong. Well, it was time to use a different method, then.

I stood back up, and walked over by the wooden shack. A rock was laying in the bush beside it, so I picked it up. You could probably guess what I was going to do. I tossed the rock up into the air a few inches, and quickly grasped it into my palm. My arm extended backwards, and released the rock from out of my hand.
The large pebble then nailed Malina on the head, and she quickly woke up, grasping onto her forehead. She cursed at me wildly, then threw the rock back at me. Instead of it hitting my head, it hit me where the sun-don't-shine. I fell back over to the ground, and squirmed around a bit. Literally, we were two birds down with one stone.

./Malina's Eyes

"Ack! What the hell, man!!?!" I shouted at him, then removed my hand away from my forehead. I was alive? And...I was back at the island? Was it all a dream? I looked back at my right arm. No blood? But...wait....that gash on my waist that the small black creature had given me was there. Except, it was fully healed. Well, it left a scar
How could a dream hurt me? It was crazy. Nothing made sense. Nothing lined up. Oh! The keychain! I had almost forgotten. I reached into my pocket, and pulled out that same, pure silver pendant with the chain attached to the top of it. It was there. It was real. Everything was.

I turned back over to Meru and ignored the throbbing pain at the top of my head. I was grateful that Meru had woken me up from the terrible nightmare, but geez! The kid could have killed me!

I slowly raised myself to my feet, and wiped off the stray grains of sand from off my clothing. By the time I was pretty much clean, Ed was standing over by Meru, his arms crossed and glaring over at him as he watched his friend moan in pain. "It's what you get." I heard him say dully, then quietly chuckling at him after the comment. Well, it seemed that everything was normal.....for now.

I glanced over at Edward, and he shot back a kind smile. I felt a bit akward at the moment, so I just waved over at him. "Snoozing again, Malina? I should've guessed." He chuckled at me jokingly, and slipped his hands into his black pant pockets.
I quickly walked over to the two boys, and Meru rose up from the ground. He raised his fist at me, but Ed quickly blocked it, and twisted Meru's arm around. I giggled at him, and Meru winced from the pain. He was pissed, yeah, but it was funnier to mess with him then.

"While you two were goofing off, I managed to find some more materials for the plane. If you guys even think that we're gonna take off, then you should pitch in, too." Edward spoke deeply to us, the serious emotion from his eyes telling us that we should listen to him.
"S-sorry, Ed." I spoke a bit nervously, then clasped my hands together behind my head. "I'll help, don't worry! And we'll get out of this place! Promise!"

Promise.

That was one of the most important words you could say to anyone. It ment that you would swear your very being to accomplish and forever hold that task towards you. I understood this as time passed by. That promising was an unbreakable bond between two people. If promises are kept, then the bonds would stay in touch, and never break apart.

"Why don't we search around for a bit? I'm sure there are plenty more things that we could use to help construct the rest of it." I spoke out of my usual carefree tone. I was serious now. And, I was thinking. I was wondering about how we would actually venture to different places. To different worlds!
Edward had been the one that brought up the theory that we were all brought here for certain purposes, and that we all had a mission in life. At first, I didn't believe it. But...now...I do. I completely understand everything about what he had said. And about that we weren't meant to be isolated in our little place that we call home. The three of us were meant to venture, and explore the universe.

"Sure. We should all search in different directions, though. And, I think that you should go try gathering up some food, Malina." Ed spoke to me, his head nodding at my remark.
"Everyone got it? Good." He swiftly walked passed me, and headed over towards the second half of the island.

Meru crossed his arms together, glaring evily over at Edward "Geez, how bossy." He scoffed at him, and turned over at me. He gazed into my bright sapphire eyes, while I looked back at his dark-brown ones. This was a moment of connection between the two of us. I knew exactly what he was thinking, and he knew what I was as well. We were wondering about the future. About what was going to happen, and how we would change.

I simply smiled childishly, then saluted him jokingly. "Well, i'm off. We have to gather up alot of supplies." I spoke to him, and walked over towards the small shack behind us. I slowly opened the door, and headed inside. I tossed away all thoughts, and went back on task. "Okay, okay. So....food...food...err, what could we bring? Mushrooms....bleh, but I know Meru likes them. Alright....we'll need some freshwater, too....Aaah, i'll just think about it as I go. It'll come to my mind later on."

I walked out of the backside of the shack, and it led up to the bridge. It connected to where I stood, then from the small structure of land with a few palm trees located on it. 'Aah-ha!! Coconuts!' The idea quickly shot into my mind, and I ran over across the bridge. I looked around me, only too see a palm tree filled with what I was searching for. "Target located!" I joked, then quickly took out my wooden sword. I whacked it with much force against the tree, yet nothing happened.

"Henh?" I could guess that a completely dazed look filled my face at that very moment. I could hear something rustling at the top of the tree, so I looked up. A coconut quickly fell off, and dropped onto my head. "ACK! @#$%!!! WHAT THE CRAP?! Oowowowowow!!" I clenched down onto my head, and felt a burning sting. "Aww, s**t. That hurt. How many times will I have to get hit in the head today?!" I shouted at the tree, my fist shaking at it from pure rage.

// An Hour Later >
>

"Hey, the sky is colorful tonight." Edward spoke as the three of us sat up on the Paopu Tree. Except, Meru was down beside us, leaning up against it. The only reason why, is because he couldn't climb up.

"Yeah....it...it is." I whispered calmly to them, my eyes dreamily gazing up through the pale-pink clouds, and the setting sun. The entire sky was filled with blazing colors of dark red, orange, crimson, and specks of purple could even be seen floating through.

Now we were all thinking, together. "You really think there are different worlds out there?" Meru asked Ed, all of us still looking out into the horizon.
"Yeah." He stated firmly, his arms crossed. "I'm sure of it. We'll venture off to places we've never even dreamed of. And we'll go along together. We will never leave eachother behind."

"Yeah! You're right!" Meru spoke cheerfully, his head turning over at the two of us. I merely smiled, my eyes still fixed into the colorful beyond. I had heard what everyone was saying, and it made me feel confident. I knew we would journey together, and take care of eachother. We wouldn't let any of us go, either. That's when I thought back. 'Promise.' Yeah. I knew it now. I was sure of it. The future wouldn't scare any of us at all. Because, we cared about eachother, and our bonds were unbreakable.

I turned over to my childhood friends, and nodded with a heart-felt smile. "Yeah. We'll go together. I promise."

Phew. ._. Done. I hoped you all like. x3

Last edited:
Z

Zato

Ow. Me and my bro both felt Meru's pain when he got hit. Nice chap. Keep it up.

Epilogue

killjoy princess
Lovely Sakura, spell check remember that. I saw some words that were mispelled. .__. <3 Other than that, awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back