• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Talisman: Kingdom Hearts Edition releasing Fall 2019

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Back in February, USAopoly (The OP) announced that they were working on developing the first-ever Kingdom Hearts board game based on Games Workshop’s Talisman: The Magical Quest Game, one of these classic tabletop games that was pulished over 35 years ago. USAopoly is set to release Talisman: Kingdom Hearts Edition on Amazon and at local retailers this Fall in North America and Europe with an expected MSRP of $69.95 USD.

Talisman: Kingdom Hearts Edition is a vibrant, adventurous game designed for 2-6 players and filled to the brim with iconic Disney and Kingdom Hearts characters and locations. The game begins on Destiny Islands and players must travel to Never Land, Traverse Town, Atlantica, Agrabah, Wonderland, Olympus Coliseum and work their way through The Realm Between, The Realm of Light, and The End of the World to gain all of the Strength and Magic they need to seal the Door to Darkness and stop the Heartless. 

Players can choose between 11 playable characters including Sora, Riku, Kairi, King Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Aqua, and more to start their journey and save the universe from Ansem: Seeker of Darkness.

There are over 250 Cards and Objects based on iconic Kingdom Hearts weapons and abilities including:

• Spell Cards – Gives players magic boosts and abilities, including Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Gravity, Cure, Reflect and more. 
  • Purchase Cards – Provides players with additional items, weapons and armor, such as Gummi Ship, Dream Sword and Ribbon. 
  • Follower Cards – Powerful allies, which are based around the Summons and Party Members and include fan-favorites like Simba, Genie, Bambi, Dumbo, Tinker Bell and Mushu, help players complete their quests are needed to stop the Heartless. 
  • Event Cards – Inspired by Keyblade wielders and Disney villains, events can both positively and negatively impact a player’s journey to the Door to Darkness. 
  • Keyblade Cards – Wield powerful Keyblades to defeat enemies and seal the Door to Darkness, including Oathkeeper, Oblivion and Divine Rose. 

Talisman: Kingdom Hearts Edition will be fully playable GenCon 2019 (Aug. 1-4) at booth #137.

The worlds are under attack, calling on the bravest of hearts to keep the imminent darkness from consuming their communal serenity. Take on the roles of Sora, Kairi, Riku, King Mickey, Donald Duck, Goofy, and more to battle through locations from the Kingdom Hearts universe on a mission to wield powerful Keyblades. With significant allies, magic spells, and weapons offering protection along the way, only the best equipped will gain access to the source of the threat. Be the first to face off with Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, and seal the Door to Darkness to save unsafe worlds at the mercy of the Heartless!

What's Included

• 1 Game Board
  • 102 Adventure Cards
  • 30 pairs of Adventure Card Tokens
  • 22 Spell Cards
  • 6 Stat Boards with Health, Strength & Magic Dials
  • 36 Fate Tokens
  • 28 Purchase Cards
  • 4 Keyblade Cards
  • 11 Character Cards
  • 11 Plastic Figures: Sora, Kairi, Ventus, Donald, Mickey, Xion, Riku, Goofy, Aqua, Terra, Mulan
  • 4 Heartless Character Cards
  • 30 Munny
  • Two 6-sided Dice

Thanks to forum user AdrianXXII for the tip!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With YouKingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Can’t wait for this. It’s bizarrely funny how Mulan got a piece over Roxas or Axel.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I love how random Mulan is, but am just happy that Xion is usable. I am definitely getting this!

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I've been looking forward to hearing more about this. Seems like they're close to actually releasing it. It looks fun.

Also i just love the idea of Mulan being the one to take down Ansem. She's totally the Disney character I'd give a keyblade to.

Still bummed that it's not going to be out by late August, meaning I'm missing my chance to actually play it.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Mulan is the Master of Masters confirmed.

Note: My legitimate guess regarding the reasoning behind her inclusion is that they wanted to use another female heroine who wielded a weapon. Chi era not included, none of the other original women on the side of light have weapons. I guess FF characters were off limits and Mulan is the only female Disney ally to carry a melee weapon.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well shit, I was already planning on blowing my money on a Power Rangers tabletop game in a month, now I gotta get this too!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Tfw when you seal the door as Mickey and Riku the figurines disappear

Last edited:

Megavoltage

Awards
It’s a chaotic jumble of KH1, KH2, Days, along with BBS. And Donald is finally relaxing with that No Meddling rule since Mulan gets invited for world hopping adventures. Very weird. But I like it!

I’d love to see some tabletop miniature wargame enthusiasts paint those gray character figurines. I bet they could look really cool with just a bit of color.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'm excited for this, because I really liked Talisman from what I played of it at GenCon.

And just the fact it's KH--and a board game of it! Something I've wanted for ages--makes it an instant buy for me.

I'm also glad we'll finally get to play as Kairi in something in this series: I'll take what I can get.

And I'm okay with this roster: The Disney Trio, The Destiny Trio, and the Wayfinder one. I. know people might be mad at not having Roxas and Axel (says someone who holds the Seasalt Trio as her favorite trio), but I'm fine with them not being there. They probably wanted a pretty even divide of guys and girls that people could play as. So Destiny, Wayfinder, and a Xion it is. (Plus, maybe they thought having Roxas and Ventus would have been unneeded or confusing. And at that point, chose to leave Axel out, too). I do kind of wish that it was Namine over Mulan... Though I know it's probably just because she can't canonically fight (something that technically doesn't matter in a game like this, but oh well). Or because of Mulan's popularity/or for more Disney/or for the upcoming Mulan live-action movie, etc.

Last edited:

Alexander4

I've been looking forward to hearing more about this. Seems like they're close to actually releasing it. It looks fun.

Also i just love the idea of Mulan being the one to take down Ansem. She's totally the Disney character I'd give a keyblade to. kissanime

Back